• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gap, Pit undiscover Advance Technique "Straight Arrows"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
The reason for creating this thread is because i believe that Pit has a big Gap in is AT's thus making them not being essential in is play style however i have been doing some testing because i wish to make this AT's a reality even though it may not be even exist

Straight Arrows

firing a arrow left/right away from your opponent, have that same arrow come back and hit your opponent (the same way you can fire a arrow up and making it come back and hit the ground) but the tricks is the arrow must follow a straight line

If this AT's exist Pit meta game would would be like this:
while facing your opponent you will fire a arrow behind you then approach just has how falco can approach with is laser we would be able to approach with a arrow following us

Now the application for all the other advance technique would be easy
WingDash if your opponent trying jumping to avoid a arrow(by pressing upb the arrow will go up)

Interesting?

Suyon

Smash Lord
So either you just Short hop and fire arrows and just approach that way somehow without moving the joystick up or down. Or you just shoot the arrow past your opponents with a straight arrow and then just do nothing....and make it come back and hopefully hit or approach them?
I do not find this interesting at all.

Coffee™

I need it....
Even though this is against my better judgement I'm just going to leave this open until you can explain this better. However, I don't see anything useful coming out of this.

Suyon

Smash Lord
How long does the arrow take to travel across to the other side?
If it's more than 3 seconds you can seriously forget. My opponent isn't going to wait for that arrow to show up. Actually...I really don't see a point to this.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I understand what he is saying.

He is saying Loop and arrow so that you can run behind it and follow up.

Sounds ACTUALLY useful.

IE

After Looping the arrow you run behind it.

PIT -->

Suyon

Smash Lord
No looping arrow since he's saying "Straight Arrow"
And people already walk behind the arrow after looping. I don't run since I can never run after my loop.
He's saying Fire the arrow the complete opposite of your opponent
So basically here is a picture....if i can do something like this....
Arrow.............Pit...............Random character
<----................x......................o

........................Pit..............Random Character.............Arrow traveling back no looping
..........................x........................o......................................<--------------------------------------

I dunno and I diddn't even test this. I haven't yet alone touched my wii for a while. Since i was playing inFamous and BlazBlue
If this is the case. No thanks...I like jumping and using my aerial

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
This is what I got from what he said:

"There are a bunch of ATs that haven't been discovered yet. Straight Arrows MAY be one of them. I have not actually seen or tested this AT and it likely doesn't exist, but we should do some research to look for this technique or something like it."

He's just doing some creative thinking. He hasn't actually discovered anything.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
So basically shoot an arrow and hope it comes from the other side of the screen? o.O if thats what you mean then... uh... wtf? idk. If not then... still, idk. yea bro lets rephrase that a little bit. cuz by the sounds of that, that aint gonna happen.

edit: K i think i get what you're saying... You said something like shooting the arrow up and it comming back down in the same place EXCEPT doing that left or right, right? I dont think that will work since an arrow goes bye-bye when it hits the stage boundry or w/e.

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
No looping arrow since he's saying "Straight Arrow"
And people already walk behind the arrow after looping. I don't run since I can never run after my loop.
He's saying Fire the arrow the complete opposite of your opponent
So basically here is a picture....if i can do something like this....
Arrow.............Pit...............Random character
<----................x......................o

........................Pit..............Random Character.............Arrow traveling back no looping
..........................x........................o......................................<--------------------------------------

I dunno and I diddn't even test this. I haven't yet alone touched my wii for a while. Since i was playing inFamous and BlazBlue
If this is the case. No thanks...I like jumping and using my aerial
If that's the case, it wouldn't work since the arrows would dissappear after going past the horizontal blast zones.

Tenki

Smash Hero
translation

The reason for creating this thread is because i believe that Pit has a big Gap in is AT's thus making them not being essential in is play style however i have been doing some testing because i wish to make this AT's a reality even though it may not be even exist

Straight Arrows

firing a arrow left/right away from your opponent, have that same arrow come back and hit your opponent (the same way you can fire a arrow up and making it come back and hit the ground) but the tricks is the arrow must follow a straight line

If this AT's exist Pit meta game would would be like this:
while facing your opponent you will fire a arrow behind you then approach just has how falco can approach with is laser we would be able to approach with a arrow following us

WingDash if your opponent trying jumping to avoid a arrow(by pressing upb the arrow will go up)

Interesting?
Translation:

The reason I made this thread is because I believe that Pit's ATs are lacking something that makes them essential/useful in his playstyle. I've been doing some testing because I'd really like to see this AT become a reality, even though it might not actually exist.

Straight Arrows

Fire an arrow horizontally away from your opponent, then have the arrow come back and hit your opponent (similar to how you can fire an arrow straight up and loop it back to the ground). But the trick here is that the arrow isn't just looping - it's flying in a straight trajectory.

If this AT existed, Pit's metagame would look something like this:
Assuming that "forward" is facing your opponent, you shoot an arrow behind you, then approach while moving forward. The arrow will come back and cover you - kind of like how Falco can approach with his laser, we'd be able to approach by moving and having an arrow follow/cover us.

Now, applying this to other AT's would be easy.
For example, if your opponent tries to jump to avoid an arrow, wingdash.

Interesting?​

------------------

1) shoot arrow left
..................................<--............[pit].........................[opponent]

2) ??? Straight Arrow ???
....???..................................................[pit].................[opponent]

3) arrow is now traveling horizontal towards you
.............................................-->........[pit].................[opponent]

4) arrow covers you as you approach.
.....................................................................-[pit]>..[opponent]

t/n:

I honestly think just looping your arrows would be just as good lol.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
yea, thats what I thought he was saying. Man, thats kinda coocoo. that tech aint gonna happen unless you loop. like I said before, arrows vanish when they hit that stage boundry thing.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
yea its jsut a different kind of loop that takes more time then a normal loop, so why not just normal loop and then chase it.... just like weve always done

1337-Zero

Smash Ace

"There are a bunch of ATs that haven't been discovered yet. Straight Arrows MAY be one of them. I have not actually seen or tested this AT and it likely doesn't exist, but we should do some research to look for this technique or something like it."

Translation:

The reason I made this thread is because I believe that Pit's ATs are lacking something that makes them essential/useful in his playstyle. I've been doing some testing because I'd really like to see this AT become a reality, even though it might not actually exist.

Interesting?​
What's interesting is that's exactly what I just said. Yay! I'm not the only one who understands this guy!

EDIT: Oh, and in case anyone hasn't noticed, he's not coming back to fix his post. The whole point of this thread was to get Pit mains to research and look for ATs. He even gave it a name and everything.

Make this thread useful. Go research ATs. It's something I've been trying to get the Ness mains to do for a while.

EDIT (again): Looking back I see that demonictoonlink had this already explained. The tech is imaginary. It doesn't exist. We clear?

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
What's interesting is that's exactly what I just said. Yay! I'm not the only one who understands this guy!

EDIT: Oh, and in case anyone hasn't noticed, he's not coming back to fix his post. The whole point of this thread was to get Pit mains to research and look for ATs. He even gave it a name and everything.

Make this thread useful. Go research ATs. It's something I've been trying to get the Ness mains to do for a while.

EDIT (again): Looking back I see that demonictoonlink had this already explained. The tech is imaginary. It doesn't exist. We clear?
This is exactly what i am getting at, thanks for explaining

Translation:

Straight Arrows

Fire an arrow horizontally away from your opponent, then have the arrow come back and hit your opponent (similar to how you can fire an arrow straight up and loop it back to the ground). But the trick here is that the arrow isn't just looping - it's flying in a straight trajectory.

If this AT existed, Pit's metagame would look something like this:
Assuming that "forward" is facing your opponent, you shoot an arrow behind you, then approach while moving forward. The arrow will come back and cover you - kind of like how Falco can approach with his laser, we'd be able to approach by moving and having an arrow follow/cover us.

Now, applying this to other AT's would be easy.
For example, if your opponent tries to jump to avoid an arrow, wingdash.

Interesting?​

------------------

1) shoot arrow left
..................................<--............[pit].........................[opponent]

2) ??? Straight Arrow ???
....???..................................................[pit].................[opponent]

3) arrow is now traveling horizontal towards you
.............................................-->........[pit].................[opponent]

4) arrow covers you as you approach.
.....................................................................-[pit]>..[opponent]

t/n:

I honestly think just looping your arrows would be just as good lol.
This is correct,

Having a arrow following you like this would give pit the meta game he deserve, think about the possiblity,

Scenario 1. while approaching with a arrow behind you, simple power shield and wait, the only option left for your opponent is grab, which is useless because if you end up get grab the arrow will hit your opponent giving you the advantage

Scenario 2. while approaching with a arrow behind you, if your opponent try to jump simple wingdash lol the arrow will go up

Scenario 3. while approaching with a arrow behind you, short hop and fire a next arrow mixed it up a little(pressing back dont affect the course of a Straight Arrow)

Scenario 3. while approaching with a arrow behind you, against character that has reflector, this could be a killer because we could bait our opponent to shield at close distance and pull out a mirror shield thus causing the their shield to brake

Even arrow looping will become more systmatic,

thats right

TKD

Smash Lord
This technique WOULD be useful, but don't arrows disappear if they go too far off the sides?

As an example, Snake can Cypher up as high as possible without self-destructing as long as he doesn't receive knock-back, but if he Cyphers off the side he self-destructs normally. This is what happens to arrows.

I think arrows don't disappear if they go up, but they do to the sides. So this won't work.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Like you said in the OP, this is just an arrow loop. It works just how you want it to, you just need to make a bigger loop then normal. Granted you won't be shooting it back at the start, but you get the same effect.

Shoot it at them>loop the arrow>make sure it goes through you on the bottom of the loop (you may need to make a bigger loop for this)> as the arrow goes through you and at them, run forward yelling "I drn looped mine arrow!!".

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
All this is is an arrow chase, so why is everyone making a big deal out of it? if you are going to loop arrows you should be chasing them or else you should just shoot straight arrows because they are faster... the only reason for an arrow loop is to have a zero cooldown arrow, the sooner you guys can get that in to your head the sooner we can get away from this ridiculous bull****. stop looking for AT's and try to actually play the game. i swear that pit is just a ****ing scrub magnet

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
In a funny way I am extremely pleased at this thread. I didn't realize people actually cared about discovering new ATs.

I guess the guys at the Ness boards are just sort of lazy lol. I may have discovered my new secondary.
Thanks Lezard!

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
All this is is an arrow chase, so why is everyone making a big deal out of it? if you are going to loop arrows you should be chasing them or else you should just shoot straight arrows because they are faster... the only reason for an arrow loop is to have a zero cooldown arrow, the sooner you guys can get that in to your head the sooner we can get away from this ridiculous bull****. stop looking for AT's and try to actually play the game. i swear that pit is just a ****ing scrub magnet
Everyone here has basically been saying that
1: why not just loop
2: this ish wont work, its dumb.
or
3: what?

Theres no need to get all pissed, we all agree with you =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom