• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ganon board's tier list

TP

Smash Master
IJosh is the best Ganon I have ever played, and I've played every top Ganon except Swoops and Kosk and Jekyll and Zhouten and Z1GMA.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Am I bad if I can't FoG or is that some sort of rite of passage... 'cause it feels like one, lol.
no, not bad, but are you saying you can't do the SHAD way or the wizkick way, cause if its the first then you're fine, that takes a good amount of patience to get down correctly, but if its the second, then you aren't bad, but if you apply yourself it shouldn't be very difficult to pull off.

B!squick

Smash Master
I just stare at the vids and text explaining it and think, '... wha?' Then I try it for myself, '... wha?' More staring, '...'

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I just stare at the vids and text explaining it and think, '... wha?' Then I try it for myself, '... wha?' More staring, '...'
The most common mistake when Wizkick -> FoG, is that you push jump+downB too early.

When you got the timing down, you can easily perform it 10/10 times.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
i'll try and explain it to you
first, roll all the way to the edge, then roll one more time to be safe. then WK towards the stage. if you do it correctly, you should see a rollout animation where Ganon does a forward spin in the air. From here(back at the edge again), just see if you can time a jump out of the rollout. After being successful at that then you should move on to the next step, but first i have to ask you, do you have Tap Jump on or off, and if not, which button do you use for jump?

@HomE

Smash Ace
One note of the FOG, what i find helpfull is to use to "Claw" grip right after i start the wizkick, so my pointer finger is on the "B" button and my middle finger is on the "Y" Button and once he is HALFWAY threw the rollout animation(this seems to be the point at which you can buffer the next move) with both your fingers press B and Y at the same time twice as fast as you possibly can, once you figure it out its pretty easy to do, but.... its pretty useless...

And just another note when i say halfway through the rollout animation i mean the point at the very end on the wizkick (if you were all the way at the edge like sunrosered said) when Ganon does a front flip, so when he is upside down press them buttons :)

Hope this helps

B!squick

Smash Master
Yeah, I use Tap Jump with Ganon. That's how I do the Thunderstorming with the C-Stick. I mostly just wanna wow my friends, lol.

Gleam

Smash Ace
After giving Teronist the ultimate test of Ganon might...a battle issued with blood and bone breaking fist fighting flame choking action...I hereby decree that he has earned the right to go above me TP.

EDIT: Noobcidal has also proven himself worthy and I implore that you put him above me also.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
After giving Teronist the ultimate test of Ganon might...a battle issued with blood and bone breaking fist fighting flame choking action...I hereby decree that he has earned the right to go above me TP.

EDIT: Noobcidal has also proven himself worthy and I implore that you put him above me also.
Hmm, I was about to challenge adumbrodeus or Feniix, since I was okay against Noobicidal last night, but it looks like I should play you, if this is so.

Heh, and SmashBrosForce..... how does anyone get any meaningful games against him?!?!? lololol

... wait a minute what the crap you're in Shadow tier! Noobicidal was underrated....
There's no way I'm that good. I wouldn't expect to be able to beat A2Z or Flying Dutchman. But I guess I should see.

I suppose I should play teronist or qerk, like I tried yesterday.

*~*~*~
Wizkicking... my problem is sometimes I do the air dodge too early and don't Second Jump.
.... :confused:

:034:

Smash Hero
... wait a minute what the crap you're in Shadow tier! Noobicidal was underrated....
There's no way I'm that good. I wouldn't expect to be able to beat A2Z or Flying Dutchman. But I guess I should see.
I don't really play against americans, so it's pretty impossible to beat me

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I don't really play against americans, so it's pretty impossible to beat me

is that like a semantic joke? As in, it's impossible to play you, so it's impossible to beat you, hahaha?

So I'll just play people around you, then, when I get near you? So :confused:.

Smash Hero

is that like a semantic joke? As in, it's impossible to play you, so it's impossible to beat you, hahaha?

So I'll just play people around you, then, when I get near you? So :confused:.
Semantics all the way.

I don't really play in this since I find Ganon ditto's to be my hardest match-up >: Besides, it doesn't prove anything unless you consistently 3-stock your opponent, which is still hard to do because of laggy suicides.

In short - I'll only fight people from Europe so it's a lot less laggy. Because y'know

I'M FROM EUROPE

fancy that

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I'd like to play Sgt. Baker for his spot on the tier list.

Also, who is Naik?

EDIT: In response to TP: Anyone who isn't around to defend their title should eventually lose it. That's just sensible.

@HomE

Smash Ace
I think we need more frequent updates, Inactive members should be removed, certain people in the middle tier need to move up, i just think we need more activity in general...

The list has not changed in quite some time now..

Smash Hero
So for the awards section, do the Ganon boards have a signature Pokemon like other boards? lol I say we get one :)
I vote Nidoking.

No, really, look at him. He's big, burly, he's purple (god knows Ganon loves the purple), EXTREMELY MANLY and like our Ganondorf, he's a king. Also, Nidoking isn't very good in competitive Pokémon last time I checked. He's perfect.

Plus, the number is easy to remember: 034.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I vote Nidoking.

No, really, look at him. He's big, burly, he's purple (god knows Ganon loves the purple), EXTREMELY MANLY and like our Ganondorf, he's a king. Also, Nidoking isn't very good in competitive Pokémon last time I checked. He's perfect.

Plus, the number is easy to remember: 034.
Plus, he's got poison, which reminds me of Ganon's "Purp"

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:034:: Like FD said, Nidoking is a good choice.

:057:: Furious, aggressive. Loves a good fight.

:067:: Muscular and bulky, just like Ganondorf.

:075: ->:ganondorf: Isn't that just Ganondorf's face transformed into rock?
Also, Ganon HITS like a frickin ROCK from Death Mountain,
and he has a rockhard personality/attitude.

TP

Smash Master
I was honestly going to suggest Nidoking. I mean, come on. Just look at this.

He's even got the Ganon glare down right.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Gengar would be cool. He can even disappear and reappear like Ganon does in TP. And this: "Some also suspect that, like Kangaskhan, Gengar's name may be partially based on Genghis Khan, founder of the Mongol Empire, what with Gengar's chaotic and dangerous behavior towards others for its own amusement. "

Or Dusknoir (4th gen, eh), only because he reminds me a bit of the Phantoms in PH.

Nidoking sounds good too (for the reasons mentioned above).

Maybe we should go with one of the boar pokemon, like Mamoswine (donphan might work, it's like an elephant-boar cross), just because that's what Ganon is.

Eh, my vote is between Nidoking and Gengar.

TP

Smash Master
Since the Sonic board already uses Haunter, using Gengar would look very disrespectful IMO.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Ah, sorry.

I like the tidbit in the box at the bottom of Nidoking's card. "Uses its powerful tail to smash, constrict, then break its prey's bones."

Fits Ganon perfectly. Smash (any of Ganon's smashes), Constrict (Gerudo), then Break (pretty much anything Ganon does, including his jab).

TP

Smash Master
Actually the Lucas Boards use Gengar... Occasionally. Nidoking fits Ganon more, anyway.

Er... sorry for lurking.
Don't apologize for lurking. Just accept that you now can't leave. :laugh:

**** Tauros. Do you have any idea how long it took me to catch one?

Top Bottom