• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Fantastic* Link General Discussion thread! *Now with chat room*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deva

Smash Lord
Dude, run. 2 1/2 miles is less than a 10min run if you're not comepletely out of shape. This might be one of those once in a lifetime opportunities. You wont have another chance for a year, and not this close to where you live most likely.

I say run xD.

sasook

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's true I guess. Now I just gotta find a way to convince my parents....

(they're one of those "i need to know where you are at all times") I even have to call them when I'm at a friends house if we're going to the movies. Like, literally it's like:

"Wanna go to the movies?"

"sure, I'll see what's out"

"ok, while you do that, I'll let my parents know we're going"

*calls*

"hey dad? we're going to the movies"

"ah ok, what movie?"

(I have to tell them the rating, too)

"_____, it's rated PG-13"

"ok, that's fine, call when it's over and let me know how you're getting back to his house. If you can't get back to his house, I'll pick you up from the theatre"

OR

"____, it's rated R, but only because of violence and language (i can only see 'certain' R-rated movies)"

"ok, as long as it's not anything inappropriate, that's fine, call when it's over. I'll pick you up if you can't get back to his house, just let me know"

D

Deleted member

I like to look at Fox's shine in Melee like MK. It's so fun to play against. Every time he uses it you have to go through so many setups in your head, like DIing away in your shield so you can sh out of shield into a nair and from there punish him with a combo. It's just so exilirating, you know what I mean?
i'll shield pressure you to dust

fox is gay and definitely not exhilarating to play against lol he's not as bad to play against as MK just because you can combo him, but he's still hella gay.

melee link absolutely blows ***, if brawl link had melee link's recovery there would be no comparison

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
OMG DI is too good! i was brawling this lucas and i almost lost but thanks to DI i lived over 200% and i still won his DI was bad and i know he mustve been pissed off lolollololol

Zezima0123

Smash Apprentice
OMG DI is too good! i was brawling this lucas and i almost lost but thanks to DI i lived over 200% and i still won his DI was bad and i know he mustve been pissed off lolollololol
lol what tilts did he do? we know utilt will blast you off at like 70% XD

G1G4 G0N0RRH34

Smash Journeyman
Brampton, ON, Canada Captain Falcon: Show me ya mo
i'll shield pressure you to dust

fox is gay and definitely not exhilarating to play against lol he's not as bad to play against as MK just because you can combo him, but he's still hella gay.

melee link absolutely blows ***, if brawl link had melee link's recovery there would be no comparison
light shield DI

shield pressure was fun, i miss it. lol

Melee Link could pull off some sexy combos

Too bad Brawl Link is Toon Link'd by dumb Brawl physics <_< The only thing Brawl Link has better than Melee Link is probably Jab and tilts.. I think his d-air is slightly stronger, but his n-air, f-air, and u-air loses. Brawl Link's specials fail to Melee Links, except MAYBE bomb that have more knockback + melee hitstun would make it a beast projectile for combo and spam. Although Melee Link bombs already have good combo potential. Melee physics would probably ruin Brawl Link's z-air. His smash attacks are pretty fast, but I think Melee d-smash is faster.

If Melee Link was in Brawl, his z-air would have more range, more grab range, slower tilts, but u-tilt would be the same i guess. Probably a crappy jab game, but he would have rapid jab. D-smash out of shield would probably be broken, scrraahh out of shield would be SOOO broken. u-air would juggle like a beast, n-air would edgeguard more better, f-air would be better. Bombs would combo a lot, boomerang would be more useful and not be used against you <_<

lots of silly stuff

I like Melee Link better because of his n-air <3

and one more thing.

THIS THREAD IS NOW 100% MANLY.

D

Deleted member

your sig pisses me off to the fullest

melee is fun...until i hear the words "brawl sucks" or "melee is better than brawl" then i just start to hate the game and the community that backs it

Deva

Smash Lord
Brawl sucks, melee is better than Brawl. You know, shield pressure so that the game isn't soley based off trading hits and camping so that when you force someone out of shield you can punish them with a good combo or even a 0-death. And your shield pressure couldn't touch me. Maily becuase my spacing will rarely put me in shield, and even then, I have too many tricks for gettin out of it. =P

But honestly, I like both games. I like playing fast paced with combos and punishable situations. But I also like the campy nature of Brawl. It seems you have to pay even more attention to every hit you make since it wont lead to anything else so every hit counts. In melee, you only have to pay attention to the setup move. Landing that move and avoiding the ones from opponents determines the flow of the match whereas every move you make and your opponent makes has to be watched for in Brawl. It's just what I'm in the mood for.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Hey, I don't want this being locked because of "Melee vs Brawl" arguements. I agree, Melee was better, but I don't shout it. I love Brawl. But it sucks because of the lack of Roy.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
In Japan, neither of the games are campy and stupid. We just made it that way in the U.S. because we simply can't all play with honor and dignity. This is where someone says, "Play to win, no johns", but honestly, someone can play to win while playing with some honor at the same time. I can't get a video, post it later

Legan

Smash Lord
Ive seen japanese players and I wish I could play some opponents like that.

Arkive if you honestly think brawl link is better than melee link than Im worried about you.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
minus the spin attack and recovery, brawl Link IS better. He's also more fun, and the gale boomerang alone makes for so many "lol" moments.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Here are some vids from the archive
Smasher vs Ryuji
04/23/08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb4jWvXInGM - 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QIdIicTr_s - 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0I9A***MM - 3

Smasher was a famous Melee Link mainer back in the day and I always rooted for him. :) He was the underdog, and got pretty badly beat up after a few matches with Aniki. But I rooted for him.

I watch a lot of Rocky just btw.

Smasher vs Karamity (Yoshi)
04/23/08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3epjx7xAYGw - 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCbNWdQ5CwM - 2

Dayum, he's fun to watch. :D

Deva

Smash Lord
It's literally impossible to find a solution to that argument, but here's a few tidbits.

melee Link was higher on the tier list

If Brawl Link was in melee he would probably have better combo potential since everyone is a fast faller, but he wouldn't be able to l-cancel making him useless. Also, the game physics would be like high gravity mode so he wouldn't be able to recover lol.

If melee Link was in Brawl, he'd be pretty darn good, mainly because he'd be the only character with l-cancels and an improved recovery from his already good one due to the physics. His spacing would be lacking compared to Brawl Link, but I'd take the broken nair over the zair anyday.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
You know I had a crazy thought one day in school. What if spinning the c stick as you recovered worked? I couldn't wait to get home and try it! Guess what?

It didn't work. D:

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
TP Link > OoT Link

TP Link never needed gauntlets to lift huge things and show giant monsters who's boss. He's naturally a BAMF and doesn't need extra items to be that way.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
TP Link > OoT Link

TP Link never needed gauntlets to lift huge things and show giant monsters who's boss. He's naturally a BAMF and doesn't need extra items to be that way.
Double claw shot, much more awesome combos, he actually sounds less like a girl, and
Wolf Link

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
I'm so happy!

After 2 months, my request for a Smash Brothers club at my school has been granted.

I'm in charge of organizing tournaments in the school, directing meetings and such, and I'm pretty much breathing life into the smash scene over here in Bellevue, with the help of my other smasher friends. The first meeting takes place Tuesday, finally I'll be able to bring Smash to a place that's been deprived of it for as long as I can remember.

...For any of you Link mainers who attend Bellevue High School, first meeting will be Tuesday at 2:35 at Mr. Miyata's room.
(Which is no one, probably. Lol.)

D

Deleted member

when melee players make a joke about brawl, it's just for fun
KC's smash community

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

you can't say the words melee in the brawl community and you can't say brawl in the melee community without getting verbally *****

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I think it's more like

melee players: why aren't you more competitive? Stop stealing our players!

brawl players: We're having a lot of fun with this game, please stop harassing us.

seriously though I like both games and people should understand that everyone has their preferences.

*gale boomerang sweeps opponent to their death* lulz!

Finns7

Smash Ace
OOOOOOCARINA LINK OBLITERATES TP Link or anything related to TP in general.

sasook

Smash Champion
Amen to that.

No magic bar? What's the deal, TP Link?
Psssshhh.
OMG I cannot tell you how annoyed I was at that. Magic Armor was BY FAR the coolest tunic in the game, I would wear it nonstop like I wore blue in OoT if it didn't freakin' eat my wallet. :mad:

Out of the 3 games

OoT: 10/10
TP: 9/10
WW: 8/10

^my personal opinion on all the 3D zeldas that I've played.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
As sasook said:
OoT: 10/10
TP: 9/10
WW & Majora's Mask: 8/10

I'd rate TP a ten if it wasn't so easy... It's also 9 and not an 8 because of the Spinner. That item is win.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
OoT 10/10
TP 7/10
MJ 9/10
aLttP 9/10
LA 3/10

I love Twilight Princess for Wolf Link and how much of an updated version it is of OoT, but it is really only that; an updated version. The storyline is hardly original, all the locations I could've picked out of any other LoZ game and the story elements in general aren't as good as OoT. But it's still awesome and one of the best games.
After all, Link can snowboard on a leaf. No pro snowboarder is talented enough to do that.

MJ got me addicted to Nintendo, Smash, and gaming in general. So you can thank that for me being here, which you won't because I know how worthless I am and how I consume your valuable time with my long, mendearing sentences that tend to be runon sentences like this one or end incompl

Link to the Past rocks my socks. Link is a bunny rabbit. And he ends in red armor.
TP and ALttP just go to show you all that the red armor and red link is always the best.

Link's Awakening sucks so bad I want to tear all the copies of it in the world up. The ending ticked me off SO FREAKING BAD!

OoT has a great storyline, awesome and inventive gameplay for its time period, makes sense overall, has an intelligent villain (Come on, he uses Link to get ahold of the Triforce? Brilliant, using your own archnemisis to get a hold of your goal). I love TP more, but OoT is simply the best game.

D

Deleted member

i think you mean MM, not MJ

i've gotten tired of old games, and new games suck hardcore, so i'm screwed....

back to doa4!

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
Although I know the story plots of most of the games...to be honest I've only played like 3 Zelda-related games: Link's Crossbow Training (game was fun...my accuracy got sharper while playing it ^^), Twilight Princess (OMG the BEST game I've ever played :D), and Ocarina of Time (great game too even though I haven't defeated the first boss yet...although I've been procrastinating so I never got a chance to continue on). The least to say, I've never played a single Zelda game till I started playing Twilight Princess :/ Just on a side note...I do think Link from TP > Link from OoT hehehe ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom