• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Fantastic* Link General Discussion thread! *Now with chat room*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deva

Smash Lord
Hay guys, out of curiousity, haz anyone seen Deva? :D
actually, Arkive's the only Link users from the boards I've met and played. **** Link btw, but yeah, I guess I should hide since theres so many people out for my head now, * goes and hides in bed sheets with a replica master sword in hand as to make myself look as pathetic as humanly possible* =P. But that's not a bad idea, going incognito, whoever suggested it. Might be kinda fun, and maybe I'll even get different reactions from players when they dont know who I am.

@deva: problem is that when you say that your counterpick is norfair someone will take of your black robe and say "I knew it, it was Deva"

@ray_no sense of humour: no sense shouldnt be taken 104 cereal, go get some childhood cause you are a very tragic panda right now.

I played a falco on wifi the other day and tried that hurt-yourself-so-he-cant-chaingrab-thingy. It worked pretty well, everytime he tried to approach I tried to blow us both up. he never chaingrabbed to daired me in any of the matches. We played the two first on FD the third on melee yoshis Island.

well, maybe that way I can actually cp norfair lol
yeah why does they have this ban rule there anyway, its only the lower tiers it ****s with anyway.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
actually, Arkive's the only Link users from the boards I've met and played. **** Link btw, but yeah, I guess I should hide since theres so many people out for my head now, * goes and hides in bed sheets with a replica master sword in hand as to make myself look as pathetic as humanly possible* =P. But that's not a bad idea, going incognito, whoever suggested it. Might be kinda fun, and maybe I'll even get different reactions from players when they dont know who I am.

Deva, don't disappear too suddenly now. If you do, I'm going to start getting a lot of nasty looks from the Link community. Besides, we need great Link players representing Washington State.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Joining the tournament scene ASAP after December, so around the same time as Blu Link. I'm going to grab my controller, walk into that place with confidence, stand tall and look my opponent square in the eye!...

And get 3-stocked swiftly and quietly slink home.

What bothers me the most about being a Link mainer trying to rep Link in Washington is that just over the Cascade mountains lies a blue beast ready to rip me to shreds. One day I'll take him on in an epic Blue Battle... and hopefully he won't CP Norfair.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Blu, we're only 2 or 3 hours away from each other...come to the next E.S.T.I.C.L.E, we can have epic blue link dittos.
I might be in Seattle sometime soon Wafflez, how far is that away from Bellevue? >_>
Bellevue is roughly a 20 minute drive from Seattle, so not very far at all. In fact, Bellevue is a district of Seattle.

A rather wealthy one, I might add.

*Gloats for a moment because of my wealth*

Another Blue Link mainer, huh? There's a lot of us lately. Why is that?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
maybe crips are naturally attracted to play link

how many red links have you seen? not very many.

deva's obviously a crip leader
SOTS THE A MOTHA****IN' BLOOD LEADER. like this

RED LINK ALL DAI IN MELEE
YELLOW IN BRAWL SOMETIMES RED LMFAO.
Andy, i wanna try my Brawl Link vs. Your Brawl Link.
Also in your(brawl Link players) videos, i dont see much SH Bair -> DJ -> Airial move.

G1G4 G0N0RRH34

Smash Journeyman
Brampton, ON, Canada Captain Falcon: Show me ya mo
lol sure, sots, but wouldn't we rather play Melee D:

brawl link players would rather arrow cancel after b-air or hit the ground and run like hell LOL
it doesn't work well in brawl because b-air sends them very horizontal, and it has really low combo potential, unlike melee Link's b-air.
At low percents, you can b-air > pivot land grab, jab, f-tilt, etc.
Brawl has no real combos anyways lol
and if you double jump here, you have a chance of getting hit out of it because of zero-hitstun
and when Link loses his double jump... Link dies

the only think Link can do out of a b-air > double jump that is safe is another b-air or n-air, or reverse f-air if you wanna be fancy. lol I guess b-air > double jump b-air would be sexy.

Sots, have you seen the brawl wavedashing vid with Link? he does b-air > waveland > b-air > waveland > repeat. it's so awesome lol

what could have been =[

AND LMFAO THE BLOOD PIC!!!!!

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
so by what you guys are saying for gangs, Gold = Latin Kings? LOL Izaw would be leader and i'd be second in command lololol
what about green and dark? :p
Light = KKK :O

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
lol sure, sots, but wouldn't we rather play Melee D:

brawl link players would rather arrow cancel after b-air or hit the ground and run like hell LOL
it doesn't work well in brawl because b-air sends them very horizontal, and it has really low combo potential, unlike melee Link's b-air.
At low percents, you can b-air > pivot land grab, jab, f-tilt, etc.
Brawl has no real combos anyways lol
and if you double jump here, you have a chance of getting hit out of it because of zero-hitstun
and when Link loses his double jump... Link dies

the only think Link can do out of a b-air > double jump that is safe is another b-air or n-air, or reverse f-air if you wanna be fancy. lol I guess b-air > double jump b-air would be sexy.

Sots, have you seen the brawl wavedashing vid with Link? he does b-air > waveland > b-air > waveland > repeat. it's so awesome lol

what could have been =[

AND LMFAO THE BLOOD PIC!!!!!
yeah youre right.
seriously, my brawl Link is the same as me Melee without wavedashes and wavelands for proper spacing. Though i hate it when i wavedash but then i forget that thier isnt wavedash in brawl, also the fact that when you air dodge to grapple, you keep falling after you air dodge. that **** is so ****in' gay. Also i see alot of Zair or w.e. its called from video. Seriously i dont find that **** effective. cant your opponent like CC that to like a move.

What i prefer (melee knowledge) Bair DJ Uair or Dair (to pop them up) but then thiers no Lcancel in Brawl so im guessing Bair SH to Bair.

LOL naw i havent seen the Link wavedashing in brawl XD.

but yeah im gonna start playing brawl. But first i need to get wii and brawl LOL.
also reach my house next week, for melee, chris is coming and were gonna record melee and i guess brawl.

so by what you guys are saying for gangs, Gold = Latin Kings? LOL Izaw would be leader and i'd be second in command lololol
what about green and dark? :p
Light = KKK :O
Gang colours leaders lol.

LOL ANDY: GET MONEY GREEEEN!!! LOL yo take this in, ME AND CHARLES ARE GET MONEY GREEN I BROUGHT MY KANYE GREEN SHUTTER SHADES AND CHARLES WORE IT AND IT WAS GLOWING ON HIM LOL.

D

Deleted member

quick tip to all

don't get pissed off in the middle of a tournament, it ****s your game up so badly its not even funny

i ****ing lost to a scrub *** G&W T_T

quick tip to all

don't get pissed off in the middle of a tournament, it ****s your game up so badly its not even funny

i ****ing lost to a scrub *** G&W T_T
Man speaks the truth. I lost pretty bad to a DK today because I lost my cool when he got a stock up, and threw strategy out the window trying to KO him to even it out.. :urg:

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Man speaks the truth. I lost pretty bad to a DK today because I lost my cool when he got a stock up, and threw strategy out the window trying to KO him to even it out.. :urg:
Amen to that.

We bought a new microwave oven today and I couldn't get the door open. I lost it and went apesh*t on it, seriously. I was so ticked off, I couldn't stand to cook anything for the rest of the day. Then I realized there was a button you had to press to open the door.

Sh*t's weak, lol.

Aw crap, I swear to God I'm slowly turning into Arkive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom