• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Fantastic* Link General Discussion thread! *Now with chat room*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I forgot to tell you guys my barber is win because he was wearing a zelda shirt when i went to see him on sunday to cut my hair

i was loling though
I'm guessing your hair is kind of an uneven mess right now. ;)

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
I play, but Link is low tier in that game LOL
as a matter of fact, Link was one of the best campers in Soul Caliber II. Although he wasn't low tier, he was placed in mid tier due to his lack of combo-ability and strength. He was about in the same position as he was in Melee, middle/lower region of mid tier.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Well, the only "official" tier list I could find was this one:

http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Soul_Calibur_2

It doesn't have Link, but every1 says all the game exclusive characters are terrible anyway. I played the PS2 version myself... :laugh:
I was actually trying to look up the SCII tier list a couple weeks ago.

The best answer I came up with was in a thread for a forum called "Where can I find the Tier List?"
And the first response was "Dude, no one has played this competitively in four years. But Xianghua (Forgive my mispelling) is #1."
But Link is in the Bottom Two actually.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Guys, if you haven't noticed, Link is garbage in every single game <_<
Even his own. I'd main Wolf Link over Link lolololololololol
Gah, I wanted Wolf Link in Brawl so badly!

WARNING: ANONANO IS ABOUT TO GO CRAZY
GAAAAAAH!!! STUPID FREAKING NINTENDO POWER GETTING MY HOPES UP WITH THEIR RIDICULOUS STUPID "BRAWL FILES" KRAP! "WE HAVE YET TO SEE IF HE WILL UTILIZE THIS POWER IN BRAWL..." ALL THE STUPID COMMENTS EVERYWHERE AND BEING TOLD BY FRIENDS THAT THEY'D SEEN PROOF THAT WOLF LINK WAS IN BRAWL!!!!!!!!

AND ALL I GOT WAS A STUPID TROPHY!?!?!1?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!111?!!1?

D

Deleted member

Gah, I wanted Wolf Link in Brawl so badly!
no

SC sucks, its a button masher even at the top levels of play. i played in a SCIV tourney after playing the game for THREE HOURS on the WRONG SYSTEM (it was a ps3 tourney,) i was wrecking *****es with Taki left and right. plus it doesnt matter if link was low tier in SCII or not, all you had to do was stand near the edge and press A+G RING OUT!

the entire link community needs to start playing DOA4 with me :D

D

Deleted member

i just spent 3 hours playing that game and i'm DONE WITH IT

game is too repetitive now

D

Deleted member

ik how to play melee >_> and yes i did play with good players (people from darkrain's crew)

i've gotten bored with melee. i play fox mario and link and all i do is gay ppl on the ledge

brawl is more fun right now for the sole reason that 90% of melee players cry like little girls when the word brawl comes into a conversation

Deva

Smash Lord
OMFG, Brawl is so Toon Link, seriously. . . just trading hits, spacing, and camping for 7 mins. . .how much more Toon Link can you get than that.

And yeah, that moment from SF was awesome. My friend showed it to me after getting me into the basics of competitive SF and I was like o_0.

Link was basically the worst character in SC2, his mixups were slow, horrible, and pointless. And on top of that any fast character ***** the crap outa him. His only good Matchup was Ivy only because he fell into the short character category with Talim so a lot of Ivy's high attacks missed him. The only reedeming factor Link had was his reverse shiled impact basically worked for everything from the angle he used it at. Becuase he leaned back to perform it, high attacks usually just went over his head so it was really safe to use. Still really useless since everyone started G2ing later on so Link basically had nothing xD.

D

Deleted member

OMFG, Brawl is so Toon Link, seriously. . . just trading hits, spacing, and camping for 7 mins. . .how much more Toon Link can you get than that.
no wai

lemme tell you what is the epitome of toon link, Melee Fox's shine. i MAIN fox and i can tell how gay it is, i kill people at 0% at least twice a match.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Arkive, I'll play you in DoA4, I also play Guilty Gear AC. I haven't played DoA in like a year though so you'll stomp me but Hitomi is my main and Ryu is my secondary.

Most of my friends like Brawl better than Melee... I like both but I can see where they're coming from.

Deva

Smash Lord
Yeah I know, why spend time getting good at the better game that takes time and practice when you can play Brawl mirite? =P

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
no wai

lemme tell you what is the epitome of toon link, Melee Fox's shine. i MAIN fox and i can tell how gay it is, i kill people at 0% at least twice a match.
If every1 likes something, it isn't toon link.

If every1 hates something, it is toon link.

This is why melee is awesome and brawl is toon link.

Fox's shine is to broken as Billy Madison is to stupid.

Deva

Smash Lord
I like to look at Fox's shine in Melee like MK. It's so fun to play against. Every time he uses it you have to go through so many setups in your head, like DIing away in your shield so you can sh out of shield into a nair and from there punish him with a combo. It's just so exilirating, you know what I mean?

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
It's just so exilirating, you know what I mean?
Two things:

1. I'm always on the inside of the shine, so I don't have to worry about setting up against it.

2. The only tournament I went to didn't have any Meta Knight players. It had Snakes and ROBs, but no MK.

So no, I have no clue what you mean. :laugh:

P.S. Deva, how do you beat ROB?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

Deva

Smash Lord
Zair a lot, and be really careful about your camping since he can camp better in some ways. Just watch his movements really closely. Did I mention zair a lot?

Oh yea, one more thing, ZAIR!!!11

but serioulsy, zair ***** rob, just space with that and some jabs, camp and it's a pretty good deal.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Argh, all my friends used to play Wolf and spend 10 minutes rolldodge spamming, laser spamming and Fsmash spamming. Worst matches ever, no one ever hit one another and most deaths were accidental SDs from failed recoveries.

Now one of them has taken up R.O.B and now I'm not sure whether to be smiling, or ripping my hair out in frustration.

The worst part is sometimes after my hands get stiff from playing for a while, I whiff a Zair by jumping too high/not jumping at all. (No, I'm not stupid and I know how to shorthop xD).

I need to put in some serious work on my Link, I haven't played Brawl in a few days and I'm still trying to raise my Link up to "pro" level.

On a different subject, does anyone play Melty Blood? My friend MisFate got me to start playing it and I have no idea how to read the combos. I play Shiki Nanaya and his basic combo goes something like:
2ABC 5C jBC jBC Air-Throw

I'm so confused, I can only use 5BB for a combo set-up and that's horribly punishable.
(For those who don't understand, it's like Link's Dair, but not nearly as useful.)

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
Hey sasook, you plan on going to tourneys soon? the one im going to in January is in NY (mineola) think about joining me to rep Link? ;D I see you're in NY so that's why im asking

sasook

Smash Champion
Honestly, I would love to. Thing is, my parents hate video games. They would never let me. Once I can drive though (next year), hopefully I can attend a few.

It's a shame too, because Mineola is about....3 minutes from my house.

Deva

Smash Lord
It took me a while to get good with Brawl Samus...
lol, I'm just jkin with ya. Brawl takes practice to be good at, just not as much as melee. There's no real tech skill involved that takes hours upond days and months to get down perfectly. I mean, I never play Brawl in my spare time, I only play at tournaments and I always do fine. Pretty much the same with all the competitive Brawl players I know of except the ones that play wifi too. After you get to a certain point in Brawl, it's all mindgames and learning matchups so you dont really need to practice how to play the game. For melee though it can take a good year of just learning tech skill before you can impliment it perfectly in your gameplay.

And Sasook, you should have some friends go to it and tell your parents you're gonna go hang out with some friends for a while, maybe play some video games while your there. IT WONT BE LYING!!!1111.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
lol, I'm just jkin with ya. Brawl takes practice to be good at, just not as much as melee. There's no real tech skill involved that takes hours upond days and months to get down perfectly. I mean, I never play Brawl in my spare time, I only play at tournaments and I always do fine. Pretty much the same with all the competitive Brawl players I know of except the ones that play wifi too. After you get to a certain point in Brawl, it's all mindgames and learning matchups so you dont really need to practice how to play the game. For melee though it can take a good year of just learning tech skill before you can impliment it perfectly in your gameplay.

And Sasook, you should have some friends go to it and tell your parents you're gonna go hang out with some friends for a while, maybe play some video games while your there. IT WONT BE LYING!!!1111.
I know what you mean, it makes me mad how easily everyone catches my bombs on Brawl. I yell at them how hard it was to get that down in melee... Other random stuff like that, but I love Brawl... except for the tripping, which can burn in hell for eternity.

sasook

Smash Champion
I just mapquested the place.

7 minute drive

2.16 miles from my house

I even know the route visually in my head :(

How long does it take to walk a mile? 15-20 min? That's like a 40 min walk.....

I'll consider it.

@Deva - none of my friends play brawl. I live in a town where smash doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom