• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The F-Zero Challenge. (UPDATE)

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
im serious brian.
i am too.

BUT................ you dont have to worry about that anymore.

i am now going to a huge business meeting on the 30th so i will not be going to this tourney. :(
life calls.

i would have been such a good random smasher too. i could take all those falcons. and go 50/50 with the top ones. yea, i said it.

-misshiro

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
Alright Guys, FG is coming, and I want to set down some rules for the challenge.

Time

I want all Participants to be at the venue by 11:00!! We will see how many Falcon players are there, and if it's too many the veterans will help me decide who to eliminate. I want to start the challenge at 11:30 THE LATEST.

Random Smasher List:

Angrylobster
Rockcrock
Uuaa
DarkSonic
Raistlin

Keep in mind each Random Smasher will be playing a MININUM of 20 matches, and a maximum of 24. This puts the time needed in perspective. 20 x 5 = 100 matches. 3min (per match) x 100 = 300min. 300min = 5hrs.

This is only if we have 10 Falcons participating. If we have 12 it will be even longer. Please understand I would like all Falcons to participate, but time is a factor here. I have to be at work at 7:00, and leave the venue around 6.

Stages

I think it's only fair that since each Falcon is fighting an opponent two times, and it's not a set, we have neutral stages. Banning is allowed.

Stages are as follows:

Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium

Prize

The prize for winning the Best Falcon in Florida Tournament is:

Free Melee Entry to WATO6!

I will have a special "pass" labeled and laminated with hungrybox's approval. This pass will get the holder into melee doubles (one person) and melee singles for free!!

Please report back to me when your matches are finished, so I can get the event running smoothly. All of this information will be added to the first post.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
3 things to note:

1) Take FoD off of that list. As long as this is the FALCON challenge, we don't want to put his worst stage on there. And then make it double random map, no bans.
2) If we have 2 TVs, we can cut that time in half. 3 TVs will make it even faster.
3) What the heck, I got kicked off the random smasher list! j/k, I don't mind

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Random Smasher List:

Angrylobster (Doc)
Rockcrock (Ganon)
Uuaa (Fox)
DarkSonic (Marth)
Raistlin (Jiggz)
Apollo (Peach) j/k
As long as this is the Random Smasher list, their characters are listed next to them. The diversity is pretty nice.

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
So if you guys want me to add apollo and/or phanna, who should I switch them out for? Uuaa? Darksonic?

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
So if you guys want me to add apollo and/or phanna, who should I switch them out for? Uuaa? Darksonic?
I think most of the previously mentioned people would do better than me, but I'm not sure about Phanna. I think he could kick some serious ***.

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
lol guys i think 10 will be fine. We'll have 7 hours (11-6) to finish this thing. And it's not just going to be on one tv either. So Phanna might be put in, but I don't know who to take out. I'm thinking either DarkSonic or Raistlin...

Top Bottom