• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The F-Zero Challenge. (UPDATE)

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
who are we voting on whom now O.o? but umm...i though of something fun
since there an f-zero challange, let do a contest for the most knees in a match X3? something fun too...

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
yo F Zero, put me down as a random smasher. I dont really use falcon too much anymore

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
who are we voting on whom now O.o? but umm...i though of something fun
since there an f-zero challange, let do a contest for the most knees in a match X3? something fun too...
Naw, we decided it would be better to vote AT the actual event, seeing as we'll know who is there and who isn't. If we vote 10 people in and 6 out, but only 9 of the 10 show up, then we need one more Falcon. We'll wait for FG. Speaking of which...

I'm excited!

Laijin

Smash Hero
Ok first off:

OTRU, IS SKRACH PARTICIPATING AS A FALCON OR A RANDOM SMASHER?!!

Secondly, I knew this was going to happen, so I've prepared a solution. Btw, This is going to be held MAY 30TH @ FLORIDA GAMING!

We are going to have a vote by the random smashers to decide WHICH FALCONS ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO ENTER THE TOURNAMENT.

People allowed to vote:

DarkSonic
Hiroshi
Raistlin
Apollo
Uuaa
Rx
Spider_Sense

I picked them because they are (for the most part) veterans. I agree when it is said that only Falcon Mains should enter the tournament. Keep that in mind while voting.

Falcon Players:

QueenDVS (Secondary)
Polmex (Main)
F-Zero (Main)
Harriettheguy (Secondary?)
Proteus (Main)
Laijin (Secondary)
Xyz (Main)
Action B. (Main)
SynikaL (Main)
Zoro (Secondary)
Crispyone (Main)
Wonderbread (We Don't Know)
Hungrybox (Secondary)
Sick (Main)
AngryLobster (Secondary)
Skrach (Is he participating?)

Please keep in mind WE WILL NOT BE VOTING AT THIS TIME. I just put the list up for everyone to see. We need to weed this list down to 10. Right now there are 16 participants. I think we will vote at Florida Gaming, when we have everyone in attendance.
Just because you don't SOLELY PLAY ONE CHARACTER IN A TOURNAMENT does not mean you do not main that character. The smash community happens to be the ONLY fighting game community who goes by this. Just because I don't play Falcon as frequently as the next person does not mean I don't main falcon. I would personally say I main several characters.
So yea, I don't think anyone should be cut from the list. I believe in order to really find out who has the best falcon in the state, everyone should be allowed to participate.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Just because you don't SOLELY PLAY ONE CHARACTER IN A TOURNAMENT does not mean you do not main that character. The smash community happens to be the ONLY fighting game community who goes by this. Just because I don't play Falcon as frequently as the next person does not mean I don't main falcon. I would personally say I main several characters.
So yea, I don't think anyone should be cut from the list. I believe in order to really find out who has the best falcon in the state, everyone should be allowed to participate.
Plus, we get to watch more Falcon matches.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Besides. Don't you think that would be a bit ridiculous if you were like "Ehh. I've never seen this guy's falcon before. It must suck then. Lets vote him out!"
Thats just pretty ridiculous in my opinion. What if that guy's falcon happens to be better than like Dark Rain's? Just sayin'.

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
Ok I understand this terminology of "main". Some people say they "main" several characters, and some say they "main" one character, and the others are secondaries. I'm using the second form of the word in this instance, and saying that the people who main Falcon are the people who use him the most, and/or are trying to make their Falcon better currently.

We can't have a whole lot of Falcons enter the challenge, so while I do think it would be nice to have everyone enter, I don't think time will permit. Maybe we can get the list down to 12, but that would mean 24 matches for each of the 5 random smashers. Did you guys think about that? I am counting on the veteran RSers to be able to tell me who is a sub-par Falcon, or who they think doesn't have the capability to place very high.

Lastly, since Florida Gaming is going to have the venue open at 8, I think we should have everyone who is in the challenge to be there early, maybe about 10-11ish. I have to go be at work at 7, so I might have to leave around 6:20 or so to get there. I REALLY want this to be done by then, or at least the points all tallied up. I really appreciate those who can cooperate.

THIS WILL BE AWESOME!!!!! I AM HYYYYYYPED!!!!

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
Ok I understand this terminology of "main". Some people say they "main" several characters, and some say they "main" one character, and the others are secondaries. I'm using the second form of the word in this instance, and saying that the people who main Falcon are the people who use him the most, and/or are trying to make their Falcon better currently.

We can't have a whole lot of Falcons enter the challenge, so while I do think it would be nice to have everyone enter, I don't think time will permit. Maybe we can get the list down to 12, but that would mean 24 matches for each of the 5 random smashers. Did you guys think about that? I am counting on the veteran RSers to be able to tell me who is a sub-par Falcon, or who they think doesn't have the capability to place very high.

Lastly, since Florida Gaming is going to have the venue open at 8, I think we should have everyone who is in the challenge to be there early, maybe about 10-11ish. I have to go be at work at 7, so I might have to leave around 6:20 or so to get there. I REALLY want this to be done by then, or at least the points all tallied up. I really appreciate those who can cooperate.

Thank God you want to do it early. I don't know if I'll be at this tournament past 7 pm.

Laijin

Smash Hero

Well. Whatever you decide to do.
I vote on first come first served ;)
-does'nt want to get kicked from the list >__>-

Zoro

Smash Champion
Laijin no one i know has ever seen you play falcon.

we will see who is worthy of the f-zero challenge
also i play falcon more than any other character even falco and link right now.

if im not considered to be a serious contender then let me play one of you (seriously) and judge yourself

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
so i was thinking about it, and i would like to confirm..................

that my sheik is ridiculous.

that is all.

-hiro
Ok brian I have been thinking you shouldn't be a random smasher for this ever since I got the idea going. If you want to be one, read this carefully.

You don't like playing melee. You like winning. If you go in there and start playing all these falcons and start johning and whining then that's going to be a big problem. Not only will it make the challenge less enjoyable for everyone, it's going to make you play worse. I can't have someone participate in this challenge who cannot lose. It is IMPERATIVE that you have a good attitude and a clean head so that you give each falcon the same amount of difficulty. I can't stress enough that we need the falcon opponents to 1. Not get discouraged and/or 2. Not even want to play.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
snippity snip
for one, I LOVE MELEE!!!!! its my fav game of all time and its just too good.
and for two, read this very carefully, you might have missed it in my last post. and i quote,
"MY SHIEK IS RIDICULOUS"

Well just make sure hiroshi plays me last...

:colorful:
you see, simple solution.

peace nyukkas.

-misshiro

Top Bottom