• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Double Dreamland Challenge (the DDC) *BUNCH ADDED TO THE OP*

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Is this possible with all characters? Because that would be hilarious.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Why dreamland? I could see almost every stage being just as difficult.
I want to see some hyrules.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Why dreamland? I could see almost every stage being just as difficult.
I want to see some hyrules.
randomly decided on dreamland because one time i was playing a friendly with gamerguitarist, and we were both way offstage, and we started hitting each other and both made it back

so it made me wonder if it'd be fun/possible to try to go under dreamland

(that's why the first one was marth/falcon)

Sim

Smash Apprentice
Great stuff man, very entertaining to watch.

BTW, only Falcon has the right to taunt 11 times at the end of a DDC. Written rule.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Someone needs to do a quadruple dreamland challenge with bowser, roy, falco, and yoshi.

Also, how would double popo be easy? I think that someone needs to do double ice climbers (that means ALL FOUR of them need to go under) Don't know if it's possible with nana being nana though.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
I've done the luigi one b4 but it wasn't nearly as fancy. We both instead did regular luigi missiles strait into the luigi ladder D.I. ing to the side a little bit each time until we were both sky clear. Then we just went strait up from there.

Rykard

Smash Ace
would doing jiggs and falco/fox by having the jiggs pound the falco/fox into the bottom of the stage, ceiling teching, and then immediately using up/side-b work?

ILM

Smash Journeyman
would doing jiggs and falco/fox by having the jiggs pound the falco/fox into the bottom of the stage, ceiling teching, and then immediately using up/side-b work?
When I smash tomorrow, I am going to try this.

Mooo

Smash Apprentice
I tried it with my brother, we always messed up the 3rd or 4th time because eating cheetos while smashing is no good. no johns though.
I see it working, though I am not really sure about high percentages and I am not quite sure that falco can make it up to the ledge when the timing is not perfectly perfect

Rykard

Smash Ace
well if you DI into puff on the last pound you could probably wall tech jump off dreamland and recover depending on where you end up.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Nando is at my crib right now and we just did the challenge with Link & Fox LOL.

It starts with me going under Dream Land and floating with Link's boomerang/hookshot glitch. When it ends, I begin to up-B. Nando comes down and does his up-B towards me and gets clipped by my up-B. Then when I'm falling from my finished up-B animation, his up-B startup hits me so I can up-B and clip him again. Finally, its the final time and I made it to the stage while hitting him up to the stage LOL.

I couldn't record it because my computer is running out of space lol. Although I'll start recording when I free up space on my computer.

Completed Teams List: Link & Fox, Bowser & Peach, Kirby & Falcon, Pikachu & Falcon, Samus & Sheik, Zelda & Ganon, Game & Watch & Ness, Marth & Marth, Jigglypuff & Link, Samus & Mewtwo, Luigi & Fox, Peach & Ness, Mewtwo & Falcon, Fox & Ness, Roy & Ganon, Peach & Yoshi, Falcon & Ganon.

Edit: We're gonna keep trying other teams.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Very enjoyable, love the idea and videos. I wouldn't be surprised that for each and every one of these, that the time from both players leaving the stage, to safely returning, could be reduced. That's how I'd measure two similar clips at least, though there is certainly art and style besides that. That or how few moves used / repeated (to encourage variety / not spamming the same thing).

If I get together with any smashers and remember this, will try some recording.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Holy crap this is awesome. Is Yoshi + anyone possible? XD I'd like to see a ganon+Roy one as well.
Nando and I will do both of these lol. All the teams we've done will get recorded so people just don't assume we're lieing.

Edit: We just did Roy & Ganon. We're gonna try Yoshi and someone else.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Double Falcon and Ganon.. going to the other side, rofl.. i dont think i can conceive how they would do that.

That does take some creativity, GJ AZ! =D

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Nando and I just did Peach & Yoshi lol. We're gonna do Falcon and Ganon right now.

Tai: We're gonna record soon :)

Top Bottom