• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Xyzz

Smash Champion

I wouldn't necessarily recommend watching SAO anymore. Started out super enjoyable for me, but got progressively more boring (rated it with a seven in the end... and that was feeling generous (it's christmas after all :D)).

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Yeah, but then I woke up :D (Flan is just obviously the greatest Touhou character ever <3 )

Haven't touched EoSD since the last time we talked about it... Like I said, too much other stuff going on ;) (e.g. "marathon" through A-Channel... I'd recommend it to everybody who enjoyed K-On)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
just gonna wait for a batch of SAO
Why Hatsuyuki? Also, there's an unofficial batch out for UTWoots's release.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend watching SAO anymore. Started out super enjoyable for me, but got progressively more boring (rated it with a seven in the end... and that was feeling generous (it's christmas after all :D)).
Funny how two of my friends likes Fairy Dance more than Aincrad.

Also, another friend of mine watched A-channel, and he said it was mediocre. And he loves K-ON!.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Also, another friend of mine watched A-channel, and he said it was mediocre. And he loves K-ON!.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like uh ... his opinion, man. :D

Dunno, I loved it almost as much as K-On. Not much stuff happening, but imho it's pretty funny nonetheless (and easily kept me entertained) and the characters are rather awesome (:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So since the general anime thread is around, I'll lock this thread tomorrow. Get your affairs in order and say good bye.

... Kidding! This thread is just more for a specific fanbase tbh, so we needed a regular anime thread too. Keep up business as usual.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Good **** Rei!!!!! Big things poppin'!

Also after reading the posts here I watched the first two episodes of Katanagatari and it's super sick (although the episodes are reallllly long and realllly wordy haha)

Xyzz

Smash Champion
you guys

i just got hired as an assistant english teacher to japan!!!!!

:phone:
Guess that's the best christmas present you could've asked for, eh? :)
Congratulations man! :D

In terms of anime: Watched another episode of ergo proxy. I guess I'll enjoy it a lot, despite disliking the way it's drawn.
And I might just go ahead and start watching Katanagatari, since I planned to anyways, and there's talk about it now :D

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I played some EoSD again and managed to defeat Hong Meiling on my first credit *yay*... Went on to defeat Patchoulli as well, although it was pretty ugly (and I'm far away from getting that done in a 1cc viable fashion. Master Spark! Master Spark! Master Spark!!1111). Stage V on normal looks stupid, but I've been there only once for now, so I haven't figured out the method to the madness of the danmakus yet (:

And Sakuya Izayoi is just looking ********. Now that I've checked the Wiki I'm a little mad (Just kidding. I can't even remember the last time I was mad at anything :D) ... I did actually manage to bomb my way into her final spellcard.

I originally intended to try and get to a good ending at some point, but that might just be a little ambitious :D

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
IMO patchoulli is the hardest for me
sakuya is kinda hard but a lot easier
and Remilia might be the hardest to some people
but she's almost free to me cause i love playing her so much

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Kinda sounds like you manage to do 1cc's then? /jealous :D
@Werekill: Maybe ... I'm just usually better at stuff that involves more thinking and less doing technical stuff with my fingers (although I think I've been starting to get better at that sort of thing ever since picking up Melee, but I still mostly win my matches based on making better decisions than my opponent there as well) (:

Speaking of bullet things and thinking... any of you guys interested in chess at all? Came across somebody commenting his own bullet chess matches while playing, and he's really entertaining (been told so as well by some friends who actually barely play chess and still enjoyed his videos a lot). Link for anyone interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz5KMpbZHDU&list=UUCDOQrpqLqKVcTCKzqarxLg&index=1

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
thanks guys

i'm doing paperwork now lol

all this touhou talk makes me want to reinstall them on my pc

:phone:

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Ohnoes, I forgot to acquire more Katanagatari episodes before watching the 2nd one, and I'd really love to see another one. Not that I intended to go for an actual marathon (semi-marathoned through 16 episodes of 'Slayers' earlier today already ... productive day indeed), but I barely notice the episodes taking 50 minutes. Usually the 25 minutes of most anime can be somewhat hard for me to not get distracted along the way (yeah, I admittedly tend to have the attention span of a young cat :x ), but for some reason Katanagatari really flows well for me :)

Well, I guess Nisemonogatari will have to do for the moment then :D

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So who's watching what for Winter?

Puchimas
Minami-ke Tadaima
Senran Kagura
Bakumatsu
Tamako Market
Hanagai Next
Chihayafuru

Those are probably the ones I'll try to keep up to date with, unless I overlooked something interesting.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Let's hope you actually don't fall behind. Your track record always leads you only keeping up with about 3-4 shows per season.

Anyway, I'm watching less this season. Only 8 full-length shows, and two 5-minute ones.

Boke wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
Chihayafuru 2
Kotoura-san
Mangirl! (5-minute one)
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai (surprised Minato isn't watching this, since he seems to watch all SHAFT shows)
Tamako Market
Yama no Susume (5-minute one)

Chihaya and Haganai are my top priority, being sequels of series I really like. MMY is one I'm really looking forward to, as far as new stuff goes. And I have high hopes for KyoAni's Tamako Market, with it being KyoAni and all. This is their first anime original in ages, and their prior ones didn't really stand out, so I hope this does well.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Tamako Market story should probably be fine. In a sense, you could practically say Chu2 was anime original for the most part.
Either way, it's moe stuff. So I'm expecting that's what it'll mostly be until the drama at the end.

As for this season's Shaft show, I haven't heard much about it. If it's one of those series where that Shaft style clicks with the series, I'll watch it. If it's one of those where it feels out of place, I might pass.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Tamako market is probably a given for me. Other than that I'll probably look through the stuff people post and sample the stuff that catches my interest when it comes out (Maoyuu Maou Yuusha and Mangirl look fun), or just wait for the first impressions :D
And a super good friend of mine watches almost everything each season, so he'll probably tell me about the stuff I've missed anyways (: (it's not like I was out of stuff to watch after the current season ends anyways)

Top Bottom