• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

VietGeek

Smash Hero
pc that's the best avatar yet

gdlike ponytail

also i'm watching kyousogiga atm

seems amusing

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Have any of you read the manga "Smash!"? It's about badminton, and I just finished reading all 170 chapters. Despite the fact I knew nothing about badminton before reading I think it was super duper amazing. I think anyone who competes in tournaments and has tried to seriously get better at brawl/melee/64, or anything else competitive really, will be able to relate to the main characters lol

My only problem with it was
it's reallllllly rushed near the end for some reason, but the rest goes at a good pace I guess

Sion

Island of Horizon
anyone else watching jojo? i wasn't really interested in it before, but now i'm really into it, even if i have read a lot of the manga.

stab: i haven't read it. maybe i should?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
wait wait there's a badminton manga

time to go find this

i was in racquet sports last semester and joked about how there should be a prince of badminton series lol

Sion

Island of Horizon
normal is quite good for a start. tbh the only normal difficulty i can 1cc is imperishable night. others games i just keep dying

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Haven't managed to get past Hong on normal with only one credit yet ... stage1 and 2 work out pretty fine by now (Cirno usually manages to snag a life, and sometimes I randomly drop one somewhere), but I always find some stray thingies to kill myself with during the Hong Meiling fight.
Well, we'll get there... eventually (Could be faster if it weren't for too many people inviting me to do other stuff (not that I'm complaining ;))... or obviously if I were any good at that sort of game :D)

edit: In terms of anime: Shinsekai Yori is really good by now imho. I'm glad I chose to continue watching it, despite being not too sure about it when I was just a few episodes in :)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
kyousogiga has an interesting artstyle and concept. i hope there's some sort of continuation but i can't really see it becoming a full-blown series with standard length episodes without losing some of its charm.

now back to an animeless anime life.

obv :012:

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
hey asianaussie

did you happen to visit the age website on character birthdays?

i totally forgot and missed meiya's and yuuhi's birthday art

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL @ Minato's advice. You'd think that that was the natural course of action... XD

Anyway, a lot of light novels, including mainstream ones like SAO, can be found on baka-tsuki.org.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Just finished Katanagatari. I thought it was really well done, despite being really wordy. It's not something that would be expected from an anime about a sword quest, but it served the anime very nicely. Not surprisingly, it reminded me of Bakemonogatari in that sense, since they are from the same creator. For anyone that likes Bake, and hasn't seen Katanagatari, I would highly recommend it.
No toothbrush scenes either.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Anyway, a lot of light novels, including mainstream ones like SAO, can be found on baka-tsuki.org.
Alright, I'll take a look if I ever have some time. Gonna be pretty busy this break. @_@

Just finished Katanagatari. I thought it was really well done, despite being really wordy. It's not something that would be expected from an anime about a sword quest, but it served the anime very nicely. Not surprisingly, it reminded me of Bakemonogatari in that sense, since they are from the same creator. For anyone that likes Bake, and hasn't seen Katanagatari, I would highly recommend it.
No toothbrush scenes either.
Binging Katanagatari is among the best and worst things I've experienced. A couple friends and I decided to see if we could survive all 12 episodes in one go.
But yeah, it's an awesome anime.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Wow...marathoning all 12 episodes of Katanagatari in one sitting is something I can't imagine myself doing... (And this is coming from the guy that marathoned Endless Eight multiple times. XD)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
an imposter of mine here and his friends did just that

came out changed men at 7am the next day

obv :080:

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Endless 8 is only 8 episodes of normal length though. Katanagatari is nearly double the length of a normal episode of anime and there were four more to binge.

We skipped the first episode since we'd all seen it and we wasted a half our getting everything set up though. So it wasn't really all 12 episodes. :p

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I wasn't trying to compare the difficulty of the two. Endless Eight has a different reason why it's hard to tolerate, anyways. XD What I was saying is that even I, who has a decent ability to tolerate such things, can't see myself watching all of Katanagatari in one sitting.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ I only watched endnless eight twice... one time sub, the other dub. If I watch it again, I will skim though it. XD [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

Top Bottom