• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
haganai next
chihayafuru
maybe osanajimi since i've read some of the manga
whatever has long black hair

:phone:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's on my to do list. My playthrough's put on hold since I want to finish P4G first.
I'm at the parts with extra content, but the holiday season has been keeping me busy.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
whatever has long black hair
I approve of this choice :D

Also, I've finished Katanagatari yesterday and the only reason I took a break during the watching session was because a friend wanted to play chess :D I guess I enjoyed it so much, because I really liked the atmosphere and characters. Plus I don't mind wordy stuff at all, provided the dialogue is well written :)

And since basically everyone intends to watch the 2nd Chihayafuru season (and I've heard nothing but good things about the first season from other people as well), I guess I'll try and catch up with the first season before the next one starts :D

CrimsonLion

Smash Apprentice
anyone else watching jojo? i wasn't really interested in it before, but now i'm really into it, even if i have read a lot of the manga.

stab: i haven't read it. maybe i should?
Glad to hear that someone else here is also watching this amazing show!
P.S. asianaussie, that's a cool JoJo avatar!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think in total, me, Sion, Rutger, asianaussie, and you are watching JJBA.
Although everyone should be watching it here.
But no one considers my recommendations :(
i have the following options:

1) P4G NG+
2) finish desu2
3) trails in the sky

and i have not even considered anything other than P4G
Trails, now that's one I haven't even gotten around to starting yet.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I think in total, me, Sion, Rutger, asianaussie, and you are watching JJBA.
Although everyone should be watching it here.
But no one considers my recommendations :(
It's hard to take your recommendation seriously and watch it when you don't even watch it, yourself... :p

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I propose Rutger and Aussie battle it out who gets to keep the avatar... just too confusing (:
I was thinking about picking up JJBA, but didn't quite get around to it yet, and PC definitely has a point :D

also:
Marisa and a sack full of bombs went ahead and defeated Remi today (2 continues, I know I'm horrible)... Well, maybe I'll keep practicing and try to get at least a 2cc (1cc looks pretty hard with how much stuff Remi shoots at me :( ).

asianaussie

Smash Hero
rutger if you don't change your avatar soon i may just have to kick your ***

i jest, eventually ill probably change to like, a hisui one or somethin

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
No, it's okay, I actually made another Jojo avatar around the same time, I just wanted to use the last one for a while because I love the new opening.

It's cool, Jojo's credits are stylish too.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Speaking of avatars.... where's yours from Sion? It looks cute enough that I'd like to give the series a shot just based on that :D
I'm caught up though along with a few other series. I just haven't updated MAL. :ohwell:
Heh, I use MAL to keep track of which episodes I've already seen, so it's pretty much updated the instant I finish the episode :D

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Minato usually updates his MAL pretty promptly, so because of that, his list having Jojo at 2 episodes in, even a week or two after his semester ended, was misleading.

Sion

Island of Horizon
Speaking of avatars.... where's yours from Sion? It looks cute enough that I'd like to give the series a shot just based on that :D

Heh, I use MAL to keep track of which episodes I've already seen, so it's pretty much updated the instant I finish the episode :D
no particular series that i know of

just got it from one of my favorite artists

Xyzz

Smash Champion
@stab: At least it was unexpected :D
and it could've been much more sad. I loved their mixture of not having a super happy ending, but also not ending in a complete tragedy. Sorta like... "well, could've been worse, life goes on. For those who are still living that is, obviously."
More stories should do that.
@Sion: I see. One less thing to potentially watch means I can work on my backlog, so that's fine as well. Mind sharing the name of the artist though? I like looking at pretty pictures (:

Speaking of pretty graphics: just finished K. Sorta felt like BRS for me - I mostly continued to watch the show for the graphics. K had a slightly better story and I didn't completely hate all of the characters for going bat**** insane for no reason all the time, but on the other hand it didn't have quite as stunning visuals as BRS did (those are admittedly really hard to match though :D).

also found another reason to give JJBA a shot: ZUN likes it :D (hey, that's a almost a valid reason. My taste can't be that different from somebody who composes music I enjoy that much, creates super fun bullet hell shooters that use cute girls instead of boring airplanes / tanks and is seen with a beer in pretty much every other photograph of him :D)
What would be the recommended order of watching, though? In order of the anime release daets? Or rather watching 'Phantom Blood' first, because it covers the first arc of the manga?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't know if I want to finish up K. I've only seen one episode though. The art and music (iirc) was nice, but the episode felt really lack luster and weird.
I fear I'm in for another Guilty Crown if that's the case (which I still can't bring myself to finish).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't think the Phantom Blood movie ever got released on DVDs. I heard it did poorly or something.
All this JJBA talk makes me excited for the new game. I almost feel like getting the Capcom game on PSN too.

Too bad it's 20 dollars and has no GGPO. :ohwell:

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I agree. It's much better than its sequel, too (for me at least) :(

KC was really good as well, a bit overly dramatic at some point (and the characters are kinda dense at times), but overall I think I only liked the first arc of KC a bit better than the newest one.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
nekomonogatari

meganekko

actress again

current cat

fairy tail transparently

tri hermes cat land

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Adding on to what standardtoaster said:

There's Kizumonotari, a movie that's yet to be released, which is the first in the chronology.
Then there's Nekomonogatari, which is the prequel to Bakemonogatari.
Then Nisemonogatari is the sequel to Bakemonogatari, which aired a little over a year ago.

Sion

Island of Horizon
@Sion: I see. One less thing to potentially watch means I can work on my backlog, so that's fine as well. Mind sharing the name of the artist though? I like looking at pretty pictures (:
the artist's name is nyanya. probably one of my favorite artists.

also the picture has kyuubei in it, so i suspect it to be homura in my avatar. and i assume most people here have already seen madoka

Xyzz

Smash Champion
That would be a logical conclusion, I agree ;)

The scene in JJBA where Dio asks Mr. Zeppeli how many loaves of bread he has eaten is bloody hilarious if you've seen the reference in EoSD first and almost expect Marisa to jump out from behind some rocks and answer with her "Thirteen. I prefer Japanese food."-line :D
JJBA is pretty hilarious in general, I like it (:

Top Bottom