• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Latest Chuunibyou was incredibly awesome, and I've just started watching Kokoro Connect... first two episodes were kinda challenging to follow (I've actually had the character list open in a browser tab while watching to check out to whom which name referred to :x), but it's well worth it... I think it's a *really* good show (and I'm an idiot to start it before the 2nd season began... yet another thing too be excited about... geez :x :D).

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I wasn't saying "Kokoro Connect... eh." I was saying "Kokoro Connect eh?" as in "Huh, Kokoro Connect, I might have to watch that."

>_>

Sion

Island of Horizon
i think most people liked kokoro connect from last season

idk if anyone has recommended it or even talked about it in this thread yet

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
even i don't know who i am at times

but it did come up since i remember seeing at least one person mention it

and i don't even follow anime anymore so i wouldn't know about it if it weren't for this thread

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I'd probably recommend Kokoro Connect the most of the stuff I've seen from last season as well.
Granted other than it I've only seen Jinrui and the 2nd Yuru Yuri season... While I personally think they are both super awesome, I will agree that they are pretty stupid :D (wait, do Accel world which ended around that time and SAO which started count? Doesn't matter too much though, neither would be real competition for the top spot for me :) )

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Just for reference: Sion was joking, and I was making more obvious jokes about it too. Kokoro Connect was talked about a bunch when it was airing.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I'm 90% certain I recommended it in at least one of my posts, or just posted that I was generally amazed by it. Definitely my favorite anime from last season outside of SAO.

It stopped airing like a month ago and the next season doesn't come out until like March 27th of next year though. ; -;

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Gah, mimicking the tsundere archetype is sooo wasted on most people :x
Just had somebody fall asleep in the common room of our dormitory because he had a beer or two too much (and seems to sleep pretty deep at that point... we did pretty much everything short of slapping him hard), and well I do have a spare blanket so I fetched it and well ... I obviously had to say something along the lines of "it's not like I cared or sth, but I just happened to have that cover nearby so I figured why not lend it to him or sth"... :D

Closer friends of mine probably will start to hit me for stuff like that in the near future (actually, they won't, because they're far too nice :D)... last time we had a bbq I realized the German language allows me call my beer zudere ("zu" means "closed" in German... so at first the beer is closed but then it's opened and lovely :D ("zu" is even pretty much pronounced like "tsu" so... (: )

Also SAO is not even clearly in my top3 and still got a 9 / 10 (would at the very least have to share the #3 spot with Jinrui) ... yay for getting to just cherrypick the super good stuff for now :D

Zwarm

Smash Hero
German allows hidden Japanese meanings? I need to learn that language now!

And today I was just thinking how cool it would be to speak both German and Japanese...

Xyzz

Smash Champion
German allows hidden Japanese meanings? I need to learn that language now!

And today I was just thinking how cool it would be to speak both German and Japanese...
Focus on Japanese, German is stupid. I'd never want to learn that language as a foreigner... so much stuff is completely illogical, convoluted and yet sounds awful to native speakers ears if you do it wrong :x

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i think german sounds cool

it was offered in my high school when i was there

although i went the lazy route and did spanish (native speaker)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I took Chinese in High School since they didn't offer Japanese. Thanks to that, I got a head start in learning how Chinese characters work and whatnot when I started Japanese in College, though. It's unfortunate that I barely remember anything from the two years of Chinese that I took.
As for German, some words I find really cool sounding, but in general, it sounds like they have something in their throats when they speak it. XD

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Depends on where the speaking person is from, I suppose. The dialects are pretty different, and even if people don't exactly speak the dialect you can usually tell where they're from (:

I had two years of Italian in school... the extent of my knowledge is probably that I can tell them that I don't understand a word of what they're saying in Italian (pretty much the way the K-On girls fared in England :D). I would've been far more interested in Norwegian (or some other Scandinavian language)... Japanese or Arabian would be pretty cool, too. I guess Japanese would be the language I'd try to pick up if I wanted to learn a new one nowadays ... too much other stuff to do though :x

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Focus on Japanese, German is stupid. I'd never want to learn that language as a foreigner... so much stuff is completely illogical, convoluted and yet sounds awful to native speakers ears if you do it wrong :x
I mean English is the same way, its such an illogical language too.

I'm gonna focus on japanese for now, but I also want to learn Norweigan mostly because of the music I listen to :p

I wish my high school had something besides spanish, french, and italian. I never liked spanish in junior high, but I was forced to take it in high school too.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I mean English is the same way, its such an illogical language too.

I'm gonna focus on japanese for now, but I also want to learn Norweigan mostly because of the music I listen to :p

I wish my high school had something besides spanish, french, and italian. I never liked spanish in junior high, but I was forced to take it in high school too.
Waahaha... English is super logical in comparison. I mean you guys at least pretty much dropped that stupid concept of grammatical gender ... seriously... the German "Mädchen" ("girl" in English) has the grammatical gender of neuter. What now? WHO TEH **** WOULD THINK THAT'S CLOSE TO A GOOD IDEA? ARGAHRGAHRAGRHARHGARAR).

Contemplating whether to finish KC now. Probably too drunk too follow it, but it's (obviously) the thing I'd like to watch the most at the moment ... Inaba toooo cute :D
edit: Finished it while sobering up... one of the very best things I've ever had the pleasure of watching ("Inaba being cute" being just a small part of that says a lot :D)

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
too much crying/*****ing in kokoro connect, kinda detracted from how good I thought it was

even if it's a drama

edit: I would watch a second season though

I've played through most of the ChaoS;HEAd visual novel and I honestly don't like it that much. Never seen the anime, though, so IDK how it would compare to that.

The first few episodes were really interesting, and then it went down hill as ****kkkkk.
"where the **** did this invisible sword bull **** come from"

Minato

穏やかじゃない
too much crying/*****ing in kokoro connect, kinda detracted from how good I thought it was

even if it's a drama

edit: I would watch a second season though
It's one of the reasons I'm probably gonna rate it as an 8. The characters and stuff are good, and the first arc I liked. The other arcs tried to match the drama even though it didn't feel as serious to me.

Top Bottom