• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Xyzz

Smash Champion
If it makes you feel any better, I live in a Melee-less desert with pretty much only Brawl-only players scattered about. XD
Mostly makes me feel bad about being being so sad about the number of potential opponents I've got. I've at least got two really good friends living nearby (3 minutes or sth), who come over to play quite a bit.
Still super jealous of people going to decently sized tourneys every other month ... :D

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i might as well say this now

all you guys just go dl rikai chan for your browser

that is all

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
How did you do Toph?

Sion told us he didn't do that great but this is Sion so Im not sure what that means.
Sion got 4th and obliterated me in losers LOL, I got 5th haha. I was kind of disappointed at the time but looking back I did ok.

And thanks Xyzz :p

Btw I was just reading old 2008 posts in the Fox forums for nostalgia's sake. I forgot that Jungle used to post in there super frequently back then. I don't think I even knew who he was back then (well, I started playing smash in 2008)

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i think i quit competitive smash back in 2009 lol

whenever pat's house was held

i only hosted after that allowing smashers to house or come over

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ Since the latest episode of Little Busters had Kud in it, mind as well have her as my Halloween avatar again. I can't seem to find my Halloween font though. ^^; [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]☯ Anyways, still wondering why is SAO opinions all over the place? [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
SAO is sub par, the story went down hill once the actually story started. I am so disappointed how so much potenial that could have happened from not skipping to floor 74.. This happened when i read the light novel. Still, i enjoy the nostalgia i get from how i used to play MMOs

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
For real. It has such great potential. I was sincerely excited when i saw the first two episodes.

Have you seen the most recent episodes?
Its def lost it's charm.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The charm disappeared the moment the game got cleared on floor 75... NOTHING MUCH HAPPENED since we started on floor 74

The side stories seriously saved the anime from being bad

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ Didn't ask about peoples opinions on SAO. -_-; [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]☯ Manly, because I already know what the answers are going to be whether it's positive or negative. I just want to know why are the opinions jacked up to a tier of Death Note opinions... I guess I shouldn't have asked. ._. [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
they just gave you the reasons why they're opinions are all over the place by gving you their opinions

or did you expect some sort of data

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
they just gave you the reasons why they're opinions are all over the place by gving you their opinions

or did you expect some sort of data
[FONT=&quot]☯ Tried to get some data, didn't want to start a ****storm, those never end well and near every anime site I go to has them when SAO is discussed. >.< [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Thanks everyone that wished me a happy birthday.
[FONT=&quot]☯ Manly, because I already know what the answers are going to be whether it's positive or negative. I just want to know why are the opinions jacked up to a tier of Death Note opinions... I guess I shouldn't have asked. ._. [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]
It's because it was hyped like crazy. All the LN readers basically said that it was great, so the anime-only viewers either got what they expected or don't see why people liked SAO.

Honestly, I'd give SAO's adaptation a low 8 so far. It doesn't help that the first arc was written the way it was and that Fairy Dance is one of my least favorites. Plus I didn't like how it was directed and the inconsistent budget. I really liked the LN and I'm going to judge the anime harshly because of that.

And Ussi, sounds like you should just read SAO Progressive when that's being translated.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Is that going back :D?

Cause seriously i'll love SAO again if they go back to Kirito leveling up pre-74 floors

And i'm still reading the LN too.. Just with the anime

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Minato do you read LNs in Japanese or translated?

Also is "low 8" harsh? Isn't 8 = 8/10?
I can't read it raw since my Japanese isn't good enough. I want to slowly go through some LNs once I start picking it up again.

And low 8 as in decimals points. So 8.2 or whatever. lol

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
He doesn't mean literally rate it an 8.2 on MAL. He just says that it would be on the lower end of the 8-ranking out of 10, since giving a integer is quite restrictive when truly judging a series.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Yeah, just 10 integers is sooo restrictive... 8.2 would be a high'ish 8 for me, though. I'll round everything from 7.5 to 8.5 to an eight if I don't get to put decimals (:
Mentally I usually give out .33 steps, most annoying is when I can't decide between .66 of the lower and .33 of the higher number :x

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
they should add some reviews that are only seen by your friends

so i don't have to see like try-hards or just idiots

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I prefer to use the DDR ranking system. Marvelous, Perfect, Great, Good, Almost, Miss.

That works, right?

Not really sure why Marvelous is above Perfect, but blame them, not me.

Top Bottom