• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Or a rocket launcher, or a plasma pistol, or a power drainer, or grenade, or other vehicles....
Let's be more specific then.

Banshees and hornets are invincible. to everything but a Spartan Laser. (and maybe a missle pod. Maybe.)

The problem with everything you said though is that you don't spawn with any of those weapons. You have to rely on them being on the map, and the person driving the vehicle being too overwhelmed/distracted to kill you prior to finding those weapons.

I love vehicles when everyone has them. But they become unbalanced when only one player has a vehicle. Or if there is a Hornet.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Let's be more specific then.

Banshees and hornets are invincible. to everything but a Spartan Laser. (and maybe a missle pod. Maybe.)

The problem with everything you said though is that you don't spawn with any of those weapons. You have to rely on them being on the map, and the person driving the vehicle being too overwhelmed/distracted to kill you prior to finding those weapons.

I love vehicles when everyone has them. But they become unbalanced when only one player has a vehicle. Or if there is a Hornet.
Halo is a good game ,as is 2 and 3. Even if the vehicles aren't balanced they don't take away from the game, they definitely make it better.

Also the game SHIPS the 23, so unless you are close to a distribution center, don't count on it until the 24th.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Hmm.
Who here is getting this game when it ships?
I will be, certainly. I haven't even had my Wii hooked up since House of the Dead: Overkill (great game), but I'll almost definitely be in one store or another launch day to snag a copy of this.

It's been a long time in coming, but I'm still more excited for this than almost any other upcoming release.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Yes, the Limited Edition is technically free. you don't have to pay extra. Comes with a 24 page art book, Custom ASE, and a obviously "secret agent" skin for Multiplayer.

Classy. If there's a Gamestop in the city I'm moving to (chances are, yes) I'll probably drop the money in advance to pick that up. Show High Voltage a little love.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I never got the point of the added stuff for preorder (at my gamestop at least) you put down at least 5 bucks to preorder, but it counts toward the game, so you get a 24 page book, a new ase, and a multiplayer character for paying the same amount, just a bit earlier.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
I never got the point of the added stuff for preorder (at my gamestop at least) you put down at least 5 bucks to preorder, but it counts toward the game, so you get a 24 page book, a new ase, and a multiplayer character for paying the same amount, just a bit earlier.
I guess they did that so more people will buy it online......

derek.haines

Smash Ace
The point of a preorder is just to tempt people into buying the game. When people preorder, it goes from "I'll buy this game eventually" to "I've already got money towards it, I'll go buy this game now". The extra goodies companies throw in just motivate people to preorder in the first place, especially if they're on the fence about the game--I know I preordered Soul Calibur II back in the day because I got a t-shirt with it.

Plus, if someone preorders but never picks it up, the copy of the game gets sold anyway and the store pockets the money.

gocubs44123

Smash Cadet
Reserved the Game and Created a Clan for the game. It looks good and I'm excited for it. Can't wait till the 23rd!

gocubs44123

Smash Cadet
I love how the Conduit has 13 different online modes, 8 levels, and 18+ weapons.

I find it cool that you get to vote for game mode, level, and weapon before the match begins like in Gears. This game looks a lot like Halo maybe just worse graphics but I can't wait.

Also the Online seems smooth just like Mario Kart Wii.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
We should all be in one clan, the SWF clan.

People have been coming up with clans for this game since it was announced. If you look on Gamefaqs you will see multiple recruiting threads.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
We should all be in one clan, the SWF clan.

People have been coming up with clans for this game since it was announced. If you look on Gamefaqs you will see multiple recruiting threads.
Well, why?
Wouldn't it be more better if we had our own teams/clans?

Absolut Zero

Smash Rookie
I mean Im probly getting this game regardless, im just really curious to what the the review scores will be like.....(moreso than anygame i can think of in a long time)

same with red steel 2...kind of

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
I mean Im probly getting this game regardless, im just really curious to what the the review scores will be like.....(moreso than anygame i can think of in a long time)

same with red steel 2...kind of
Well don't look at nintendo power's review score, they gave Sonic and the black night a better score than the conduit.
(From what I know.)

But there is still a question in my mind...
Why did the person who made that fake score, go out of their way to make it look real?
I mean think about it, when the real score comes out.
It would be proven as a fake.. Why waste so much time?

Absolut Zero

Smash Rookie
Mostly curious about ign's score anything above an 8 would be fine, not that IGN is that great ,but they are mostly accurate....I wanna hear about gameplay,story,and multyplayer....like how long is the game, how good is the story....if they knock off points for graphics or sound it wouldnt really matter to me... hoping it scores above a 9.....the wii needs some good games..

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Mostly curious about ign's score anything above an 8 would be fine, not that IGN is that great ,but they are mostly accurate....I wanna hear about gameplay,story,and multyplayer....like how long is the game, how good is the story....if they knock off points for graphics or sound it wouldnt really matter to me... hoping it scores above a 9.....the wii needs some good games..
I think SMG is the best game being that it's review score is one of the best of this gen.
*Can't wait to see SMG 2's review score.*

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Well don't look at nintendo power's review score, they gave Sonic and the black night a better score than the conduit.
(From what I know.)

But there is still a question in my mind...
Why did the person who made that fake score, go out of their way to make it look real?
I mean think about it, when the real score comes out.
It would be proven as a fake.. Why waste so much time?
Nope, Sonic and the Black Knight has the same score.

Also, people make fakes to watch how other people will react. The fakes have to look good for them to have enough credibility that there is a reaction.

Absolut Zero

Smash Rookie
I agree with SMG being the best game on the wii(not counting Oot vc)..... The sequal should rank right next to it(It would be pretty hard to screw it up, they have the formula down they just need new levels and stuff)... Wii motion plus seems to be already making games better....Tiger Woods 10 for example..... Wii motion plus is def. the future for the wii.... Next Zelda wii auto 10

anyways back on subject....i dont see the conduit really needing wii motion plus...they could always make a sequal or sumthing...... i dunno its kinda hard to get hyped about game ive only seen videos of...the good news is its coming out in a few days....so I wont have to obssess over it anymore....

derek.haines

Smash Ace
IGN's review of the Conduit is destined to be either an 8.9 or 9.1. I'm calling it right here. Those are their two go-to scores to represent two conditions:

8.9 -- Great game, but we're saving the better score for the sequel.

9.1 (or 9.0) -- Holy shi--a good 3rd party Wii game.

And, just for kicks, if Nintendo had published it: 9.5.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
IGN's review of the Conduit is destined to be either an 8.9 or 9.1. I'm calling it right here. Those are their two go-to scores to represent two conditions:

No more Heroes was a good 3rd party Wii game.

Red Exodus

Smash Master

I don't think .1 is going to be that big of a difference. Numbers in general are just summaries of reviews, to me the actual content of the review is what makes or breaks it [the review] and in turn the game. I've seen some poor reviews where the reviewers had no idea what they were talking about and the score suffered as a result of it, which pretty much defeated the purpose of the review.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
I don't think .1 is going to be that big of a difference. Numbers in general are just summaries of reviews, to me the actual content of the review is what makes or breaks it [the review] and in turn the game. I've seen some poor reviews where the reviewers had no idea what they were talking about and the score suffered as a result of it, which pretty much defeated the purpose of the review.
That's why people shouldn't buy a from what they see reviewers say.
Reviewers can be anyone, even fanboys.
(I think gameinfromer proves that.)

It's best for gamers to be their own game reviewer.

Top Bottom