• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
N-zone just reviewed the conduit

Singleplayer: 82%

Multiplayer: 90%

Subscores are: Controls 92%, Graphics 86% and Sound 81%

Pretty good score especially for the multiplayer aspect of the game. Supposedly the game is 10-12 hours single player.

Darkslash

Smash Master
After watching the first level of the Conduit on GT, it got me thinking.

The Conduit's are advance landing craft, so that druge soldiers can go from the mother ship to the ground. The giant conduit at the end is possibly one where you go onto a lesser drop ship and destroy it, with a time limit of getting out of there (ala Metroid). Now remember the cliche line of "I'm probably the only one left who knows the truth. I know it becuase I was there" .

What if the final mission is where you and the Trust fight on the drudge Mother Ship? You end up being the last one alive, and you see Washington D.C get glassed(ala Reach from Halo) leaving you the last who knew the truth, becuase you were there.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well if it doesnt have vehicles its just gonna be Call of Duty: World at War with more players.
The main focus of the Conduit is Urban Combat. There are some Drudge which would destroy vehicles in seconds due to the fact vehicles are less maneuverable than some of them. The Scarab is compared to a M1A1 Abrams(modern tank), and there are some ruined M1A1 Abrams littered in the Washington D.C Stage, suggesting that they are almost next to useless against the drudge.

Also calling it Call of Duty: W@W with more players means you need to research more about this game.

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
The main focus of the Conduit is Urban Combat. There are some Drudge which would destroy vehicles in seconds due to the fact vehicles are less maneuverable than some of them. The Scarab is compared to a M1A1 Abrams(modern tank), and there are some ruined M1A1 Abrams littered in the Washington D.C Stage, suggesting that they are almost next to useless against the drudge.

Also calling it Call of Duty: W@W with more players means you need to research more about this game.
Research the game...really? Watch the trailers. Its just a first person with futuristic guns. Theres nothing to research. Theyre not bringing nothing new to first person shooters and the control scheme is hella similar to CoD: WaW.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Theyre not bringing nothing new to first person shooters and the control scheme is hella similar to CoD: WaW.

We all know that they arn't bringing anything new the first person shooters, we established that a long time ago. But calling the control scheme a "hella similar to CoD: W@W" shows that you need some research.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Ok then. Explain the control scheme.
Long story short, the control scheme is fully customizable. You can map any function to any button. Then you can modify your running speed, turning speed, and bounding box.

Another thing some what unrelated to the control scheme,you can customize your H.U.D to your liking from placing the icons any where on the screen or just making transparent to render it invisible so there are no H.U.D cheats.

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
Long story short, the control scheme is fully customizable. You can map any function to any button. Then you can modify your running speed, turning speed, and bounding box.

Another thing some what unrelated to the control scheme,you can customize your H.U.D to your liking from placing the icons any where on the screen or just making transparent to render it invisible so there are no H.U.D cheats.
Oh you got me there but the default controls are practically the same. Thrust the remote for melee attack and the turning of the wii remote to... Turn. Oh do Conduit and CoD both not let you use vehicles? yup. Are the gonna both gonna have guns with similar capabilities like sniper rifles? yup. What is there to research? oh and CoD the Hud is removed on veteran mode just like conduit. Like I said. Gonna be similar to CoD.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Completely different style than CoD. Looks much more fast paced, and is more up close rather than hiding like CoD. Health system is closer to Halo than to CoD.Much different and more weapons, maps look a lot better and there are more, more players, wii speak, presumably better connection, better single player experience, much more and better game modes.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Oh you got me there but the default controls are practically the same. Thrust the remote for melee attack and the turning of the wii remote to... Turn. Oh do Conduit and CoD both not let you use vehicles? yup. Are the gonna both gonna have guns with similar capabilities like sniper rifles? yup. What is there to research? oh and CoD the Hud is removed on veteran mode just like conduit. Like I said. Gonna be similar to CoD.
Stop being so ignorant.

30 seconds with a gameplay trailer should tell you this is much closer to Halo than Call of Duty.

Please tell me you can at least tell the difference between those two games.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Where on Earth you fight the Aliens (Conduit is in DC, and Halo is in Africa [which half of it gets destroyed to contain the flood])

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
Stop being so ignorant.

30 seconds with a gameplay trailer should tell you this is much closer to Halo than Call of Duty.

Please tell me you can at least tell the difference between those two games.
Similar to Halo with no vehicles right and congested stages. Metroid is a first person with aliens...is Conduit and metroid similar? The answers no *****!Wii owners compare to Halo to try and compete. If anything the games gonna be like Red Faction. So Suck a ****! Your moms ignorant!

Darkslash

Smash Master
Oh you got me there but the default controls are practically the same. Thrust the remote for melee attack and the turning of the wii remote to... Turn.
Its "waggle" the Wii mote to melee and what FPS on the Wii doesn't make you move the cursor to the other side?
Oh do Conduit and CoD both not let you use vehicles? yup.

Okay now I know your just making stuff up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6xekxuxO5M

Okay tell me now that CoD doesn't use vehicles.

Are the gonna both gonna have guns with similar capabilities like sniper rifles?
That's like asking if Canada and the US armed forces are going to have guns with similar capabilities of sniper rifles.
What is there to research?
Alot of stuff, now you just proved you have to research Call of Duty as well.

oh and CoD the Hud is removed on veteran mode just like conduit. Like I said. Gonna be similar to CoD.
You seriously read my post wrong. I said that you can choose to make the H.U.D transparent of not, in Call of duty you need to find the cheat to make your H.U.D disapear. Also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwVkWQms8dg
What defect copy of Call of Duty are you playing?

Similar to Halo with no vehicles right and congested stages.
yes becuase a FPS with vehicles is automatically a Halo clone. Get out. And with Congested Stages? There's something called Urban Warfare, look it up.

Metroid is a first person with aliens...is Conduit and metroid similar?
Correction. Metroid PRIME is a first person adventure with Aliens. Metroid is a side scroller with aliens.

Wii owners compare to Halo to try and compete.
Yes, so do the PS3 owners as well :rolleyes: Really the Conduit is the first Wii FPS that I saw trying to be like Halo. Most FPS'es on the Wii are World War 2 Shooters.

If anything the games gonna be like Red Faction.
Because you know a Third person shooter is like a first person shooter. And we can reshape the land in the Conduit.

Your moms ignorant!
Very mature reply, your credibility has gone down a ton.

You should do some research on a game before bashing it.

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
Its "waggle" the Wii mote to melee and what FPS on the Wii doesn't make you move the cursor to the other side?

Okay now I know your just making stuff up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6xekxuxO5M

Okay tell me now that CoD doesn't use vehicles.

That's like asking if Canada and the US armed forces are going to have guns with similar capabilities of sniper rifles.

Alot of stuff, now you just proved you have to research Call of Duty as well.

You seriously read my post wrong. I said that you can choose to make the H.U.D transparent of not, in Call of duty you need to find the cheat to make your H.U.D disapear. Also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwVkWQms8dg
What defect copy of Call of Duty are you playing?

yes becuase a FPS with vehicles is automatically a Halo clone. Get out. And with Congested Stages? There's something called Urban Warfare, look it up.

Correction. Metroid PRIME is a first person adventure with Aliens. Metroid is a side scroller with aliens.

Yes, so do the PS3 owners as well :rolleyes: Really the Conduit is the first Wii FPS that I saw trying to be like Halo. Most FPS'es on the Wii are World War 2 Shooters.

Because you know a Third person shooter is like a first person shooter. And we can reshape the land in the Conduit.

Very mature reply, your credibility has gone down a ton.

You should do some research on a game before bashing it.
You dont own CoD do you? The Hud is completely off on Veteran when you unless you get the recon planes. You cant use vehicle online. You knew what metroid series I was talking about. Red Faction 1 and 2 is a first person you ***. So suck one ***. research red faction.

Darkslash

Smash Master
You dont own CoD do you? The Hud is completely off on Veteran when you unless you get the recon planes. You cant use vehicle online.

I don't argue with 12 year olds who think it's cool to flame on the internet. If you keep flaming,you're only proving that its true.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Omg you do own it. Nobody cares. I got mine too. I bet Im killing you online too.
Wait...didn't you just say..

You dont own CoD do you? The Hud is completely off on Veteran when you unless you get the recon planes.
I don't argue with 12 year olds who think it's cool to flame on the internet. If you keep flaming,you're only proving that its true.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Yup I got mine. No research needed player. So what you wanna do? And why quote my sarcasm.
I quoted your "sarcasm" because you wanted to prove your point. In my book, that isn't sarcasm at all.

Really I think I should stop replying too you becuase this is a waste of my time. You just keep posting out inconsistencies with no support to back them up. I wonder why I even reply to you.

I don't even think you know what you're talking about.

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
I quoted your "sarcasm" becuase you wanted to prove your point. In my book, that isn't sarcasm at all.

Really I think I should stop replying too you becuase this is a waste of my time. You just keep posting out inconsistencies with no support to back them up. I wonder why I even reply to you.

I don't even think you know what you're talking about.
Yup. Your book needs to be a dictionary cuz you spelled because wrong.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Yup. Your book needs to be a dictionary cuz you spelled because wrong.
Yet I also find it ironic that you are criticizing me for my spelling when you can't even type out cause, also I think "because" would fit more better in that sentence of yours but that's just me.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Similar to Halo with no vehicles right and congested stages. Metroid is a first person with aliens...is Conduit and metroid similar? blah, blah, blah, pointless profanities.
No, I say the Conduit is similar to Halo because it has you fighting in the open a lot, a relatively large amount of regenerative health, and seems to use a multiplayer weapon system that relies on stage spawns rather than a class system.

In other words, a five minute look at Conduit trailers and a basic knowledge of Halo and Call of Duty would immediately make it apparent that the Conduit will play much more like Halo than like CoD: WaW.

But I will. For the laughs.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Well if it doesnt have vehicles its just gonna be Call of Duty: World at War with more players.
Or GoldenEye 64? Yeah, FPS need vehicles as much as they need cool looking feet for the characters.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Vehicles are good if properly used (Halo series) (Tribes series) (Battlefield series), however they can also destroy a perfectly good game. ( CoD WaW)

Not worth the risks. A FPS is fine with core First person shooter gameplay, wait isn't that what a FPS MEANS?

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Vehicles are good if properly used (Halo series) (Tribes series) (Battlefield series), however they can also destroy a perfectly good game. ( CoD WaW)

Not worth the risks. A FPS is fine with core First person shooter gameplay, wait isn't that what a FPS MEANS?
Vehicles suck in FPS (My opinion, rememer that.), I mean think about it.
*Just got in a car with guns on it*
Zoids-Raven says: "Ha! How you like me now b!tches!?" (Yeah, thats what I would say.)
Other players say: "But we can't shoot you if you are moving in a fast vehicle."
Zoids-Raven says: "To bad mother f***ers!" *Shoots"
------------------------------
It's like playing melee/brawl with all of the items on, Street fighter with hacks on.

FPS can do good without vehicles...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It depends on the FPS sub-genre. In Battlefield vehicles are for covering large distances, in Unreal Tournament they're for getting kills and getting around on the map and so on. It's one of those things that should be thought out in order to be integrated seamlessly into the game rather than being an afterthought.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
It depends on the FPS sub-genre. In Battlefield vehicles are for covering large distances, in Unreal Tournament they're for getting kills and getting around on the map and so on. It's one of those things that should be thought out in order to be integrated seamlessly into the game rather than being an afterthought.
In Halo they're used to make you invincible against anyone lacking a Spartan Laser.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
In Halo they're used to make you invincible against anyone lacking a Spartan Laser.
PLasma grenades do the trick against all of em but tanks. And it is nice that you can snipe people in tanks.

Anyone else preorder? I'm afraid everone if gonna be going for it at my gamestop, ands I wanna get my hands on it as soon as I can.

Also the nintendo channel's discription for the conduit is actually "The wii's killer app" check it if you want

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
PLasma grenades do the trick against all of em but tanks. And it is nice that you can snipe people in tanks.

Anyone close preorder? I'm afraid everone if gonna be going for it at my gamestop, ands I wanna get my hands on it as soon as I can.

Also the nintendo channel's discription for the conduit is actually "The wii's killer app" check it if you want
Yeeaaahhh, I'm having my "the conduit" sent to me by gamestop.com.

Darkslash

Smash Master

Anyone close preorder? I'm afraid everone if gonna be going for it at my gamestop, ands I wanna get my hands on it as soon as I can.
Due the EB Games confusing schedule, I'm not sure If I should run on the 23rd

I got Brawl on the release date,then they tell me the Conduit comes out on the 24th, yet they get prototype on the 9th(the release date) when the system said on the 10th.

:confused:

Too be safe I'll run on the 23rd

Top Bottom