• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

Deception

Smash Ace
I kinda want to see this game fail, just to see all the fanboys cry. Odd how all the Wii fans praise this game for being like Halo and other Xbox FPS's when they usually like to talk about the uniqueness of the Wii instead.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I kinda want to see this game fail, just to see all the fanboys cry. Odd how all the Wii fans praise this game for being like Halo and other Xbox FPS's when they usually like to talk about the uniqueness of the Wii instead.
It's quite simple actually.

Xbox has Halo, CoD4, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, etc.

The Wii doesn't have any of them. Which is incredibly stupid, because the wii was pretty much made to reinvent the FPS. IR pointers? They've been around for years in arcade shooters, but on consoles they are rare.

2.5 years after the wii's release, one FPS comes out with an online mode, an FPS that isn't a port and isn't aweful looking. At this point, I don't really care if it is cliche or average; because it is the first time that there is a wii FPS I can actually buy with multiplayer. As in, a wii FPS that both isn't inferior and doesn't have a superior iteration on another console.

So at this point of utter stupidity surrounding the quantity and quality of wii FPS's; I just want to play FPS's the way they should be played - by pointing at something and pulling a trigger to shoot it. If it has the graphics of Super Mario Sunshine, controls that match Metroid Prime 3, and half the multiplayer of Halo and nothing more; then my standards have lowered enough that I'll accept it, simply because the lack of a quality IR FPS has forced me to lower my standards.

Now, I don't share the opinions of everyone else, but there is probably a huge audience for the IR online multiplayer FPS. IR shooters or it's equivalent is something I've been wanting since before I knew IR shooters existed, and combining it with online multiplayer is something I've wanted since online multiplayer was invented.

So yes, uniqueness doesn't matter in this situation; it's all fanservice here. But just remember; you aren't talking about fanboys; this is something anyone new to the FPS genre immediately wants.

Puddin

Smash Lord
It is sad that people don't read reviews.
It's also sad that some people follow reviews religiously, as if this one persons *Professional Journalist Opinion* was enough to choose between buying a game or ignoring it.

Obviously nobody posting here frequently will choose not to buy it if it get poor reviews, the worst that could happen is extreme disappointment.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I know that Metroid Prime 3 doesn't have multiplayer (at least I think it doesn't). In fact, that was my point.

Whatever Metroid Prime 3 is, it is the best FPS game on the wii (an adventure game can be an FPS). It is the only thing that really seems to compare to the Conduit (Which I am confident is better than a PSP port). For me, an online multiplayer component is all that would be required to boost the conduit over MP3; I've been waiting for years for an IR Halo online multiplayer game, and the Conduit seems to deliver.
That's not enough. Single player wise the conduit can hold up to MP3, but multiplayer component has to be better than Medal of Honor's: H2 online. Or else no one will move away from Medal of Honor.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It's quite simple actually.

Xbox has Halo, CoD4, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, etc.

The Wii doesn't have any of them. Which is incredibly stupid, because the wii was pretty much made to reinvent the FPS. IR pointers? They've been around for years in arcade shooters, but on consoles they are rare.

2.5 years after the wii's release, one FPS comes out with an online mode, an FPS that isn't a port and isn't aweful looking. At this point, I don't really care if it is cliche or average; because it is the first time that there is a wii FPS I can actually buy with multiplayer. As in, a wii FPS that both isn't inferior and doesn't have a superior iteration on another console.

So at this point of utter stupidity surrounding the quantity and quality of wii FPS's; I just want to play FPS's the way they should be played - by pointing at something and pulling a trigger to shoot it. If it has the graphics of Super Mario Sunshine, controls that match Metroid Prime 3, and half the multiplayer of Halo and nothing more; then my standards have lowered enough that I'll accept it, simply because the lack of a quality IR FPS has forced me to lower my standards.

Now, I don't share the opinions of everyone else, but there is probably a huge audience for the IR online multiplayer FPS. IR shooters or it's equivalent is something I've been wanting since before I knew IR shooters existed, and combining it with online multiplayer is something I've wanted since online multiplayer was invented.

So yes, uniqueness doesn't matter in this situation; it's all fanservice here. But just remember; you aren't talking about fanboys; this is something anyone new to the FPS genre immediately wants.
Everyone kept saying the Wii would reinvent FPSes, and I am so glad it did not. I HATE using motion controls and avoid it as much as possible due to the constant pain I get from using it. To play a 6 hour game like that owuld be death.

The problem with the Conduit is that to people with consoles that have lots of FPSes, it looks dated already. I have yet to see a video that makes me think "Wow, this is definitely a seventh generation FPS." It looks like a PS2 shooter, at best, in most of the videos I have seen. No anti-aliasing is ridiculous when our consoles have the capabilities that they do.

Other than that, the story sounds like a hodgepodge of a ton of other FPSes, and the multiplayer doesn't impress FPS gamers much. I think the thing is when Halo 3 came out, fanboys for it got A LOT of flak for being so overzealous of the title, and now, that Wii gamers are doing the exact same thing and worse (Calling a game amazing/something that will rejuvenate a console is a bit much when the game has yet to be even previewed).

Another thing everyone should be aware of is that The Conduit may be the last "gamer-centric" title for the Wii. Madworld and House of the Dead: Overkill were both ranked really high, were mature games, etc. etc. Neither broke 100,000 in it's first month ( Madworld only sold 66,000 its first month - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MadWorld#Reception). If the "core gamer" market bashes everything Nintendo creates, BEGS for hardcore titles, then when they bring them the games essentially flop compared to how they would have done on the other consoles, it is hard to see them want to bring in new games like. So, if the Conduit does similar numbers, I can see this as an end to any games like this.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Another thing everyone should be aware of is that The Conduit may be the last "gamer-centric" title for the Wii. Madworld and House of the Dead: Overkill were both ranked really high, were mature games, etc. etc. Neither broke 100,000 in it's first month ( Madworld only sold 66,000 its first month - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MadWorld#Reception). If the "core gamer" market bashes everything Nintendo creates, BEGS for hardcore titles, then when they bring them the games essentially flop compared to how they would have done on the other consoles, it is hard to see them want to bring in new games like. So, if the Conduit does similar numbers, I can see this as an end to any games like this.
I have taught you well. lol :p

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Everyone kept saying the Wii would reinvent FPSes, and I am so glad it did not. I HATE using motion controls and avoid it as much as possible due to the constant pain I get from using it. To play a 6 hour game like that owuld be death.

The problem with the Conduit is that to people with consoles that have lots of FPSes, it looks dated already. I have yet to see a video that makes me think "Wow, this is definitely a seventh generation FPS." It looks like a PS2 shooter, at best, in most of the videos I have seen. No anti-aliasing is ridiculous when our consoles have the capabilities that they do.

Other than that, the story sounds like a hodgepodge of a ton of other FPSes, and the multiplayer doesn't impress FPS gamers much. I think the thing is when Halo 3 came out, fanboys for it got A LOT of flak for being so overzealous of the title, and now, that Wii gamers are doing the exact same thing and worse (Calling a game amazing/something that will rejuvenate a console is a bit much when the game has yet to be even previewed).

The Conduit... isn't built for fanboys. Well, it is and it isn't.

It's a T rated game built for the nintendo wii. probably targetted as a "baby's first FPS." It's also targetted at people who think dual analogue sticks aren't a very good FPS control method, but I like the analogy of "baby's first FPS" better for the simple reason that it demonstrates the power of the game - to disrupt Halo. No one wants to adjust to Halo's control scheme. It took me months to be decent enough to play online and not die every three seconds. If a lot of the next generation FPS fans start with the Conduit, a T rated game, before moving onto the M rated game Halo, then dual analogue stick FPS controls could become very unpopular in the future. You may feel free to disagree, but point and pull the trigger will always seem more natural to a larger number of people than syncronize two analogue sticks and pull the trigger.

You may also want to reconsider the games you selected. MadWorld, in retrospect, was obviously a well disguised budget title - I say budget because it was too short for me to seriously consider it full length. And all things considered, both the games you mentioned are probably profitable, they both have fairly long legs: http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?re...ead:+Overkill+-+Wii&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100. And the Conduit has been previewed both at the New York Comic Con and a press event in which the multiplayer was tested.

I never understood the need for better and better graphics, because once the gamecube came out I found the Nintendo games were good enough graphically. the realistic style might have needed work, but the Conduit seems to hit that minimum requirement for good graphics in a realistic game. As in, any further improvements would be minor at best. For me, it's pretty simple: a game must hit a certain graphical level before it isn't hurt by it's graphics - any less and I dislike it, and any more and I don't really care. Because this level was hit during the gamecube era, the latest generation hasn't impressed me, as I was satisfied. For the most part, the Conduit has hit that graphical sweet spot for me, so I can't really complain or compliment it's graphics.

Could you explain why people are impressed by Killzone 2 and Gears of War? I don't think I have the capacity to understand. Unless they are the same people who really though the 64 bit era was the golden age of gaming, in which case, I think I might fully understand (sadly, the SNES had better graphics, as it's AAA games actually look good. There is no way Super Mario 64 is as pretty a game as Yoshi's Island).

And on a final note - when playing FPS's, do you comfterbly rest the wii-remote in your lap when you play? Or do you strenuously hold it straight out in front of you? It makes a world of difference with FPS's. I mean, I could understand motion sickness ruining your wii FPS experience (because I have that problem) but if your hand is aching from an FPS, your probably using the controller wii-zapper style, which is not the best way to play.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Lol, it's also fuuny how some gamers (If they can even be called that any more.) want a game to fail...
It would only "fail" if it turns out to be a crap game. (It's sales don't really matter...)

BTW: You say "Odd how all the Wii fans praise this game for being like Halo"...
hmmm ok
Maybe you DON'T know this but some of the "Wii fans" you talk about just want to play this game, not say "Look at how much this game looks like halo" or "This game made a lot of money".. 7_7
(But that seems to be what most next-gen "gamers" care about...)

As for me, I'm a "Wii fan" but I don't think this game is like Halo.
I'm only getting it because I haven't played a FPS in a long time.
(Not that much into FPS.)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I kinda want to see 360 platformer game fail, just to see all the fanboys cry. Odd how all the 360 fans praise this game for being like Mario and other Nintendo platformers when they usually like to talk about the coreness of the 360 instead.
LOL Relatively

And who's praising the game? The gaming sites I go to have like NO COVERAGE of this game

Deception

Smash Ace
LOL Relatively

And who's praising the game? The gaming sites I go to have like NO COVERAGE of this game
Ha, that's actually funny.

But seriously, the true reason I dislike this game is that nothing about it is new, unique, or exciting. I would gladly like to play a FPS if it had some uniqueness or a good story, like Bioshock and Half-Life, but this game definitely lacks the former based on what I've seen. It's just trying to be the same as the rest of the sci-fi FPS's. No more Halo type games for awhile, please.

As for me saying the game is getting (unwarranted) praise, check any previews on most gaming sites.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice

But seriously, the true reason I dislike this game is that nothing about it is new, unique, or exciting. I would gladly like to play a FPS if it had some uniqueness or a good story, like Bioshock and Half-Life, but this game definitely lacks the former based on what I've seen. It's just trying to be the same as the rest of the sci-fi FPS's. No more Halo type games for awhile, please.

As for me saying the game is getting (unwarranted) praise, check any previews on most gaming sites.
Yeah because it's sooooo much like Halo, lol.
The Conduit isn't unique?
Lol, Halo isn't even "unique", doesn't mean it's a bad game.
It's all been done before, man....
(What FPS game is "unique" now-a-days?)

As for the Wii fans/owners who say this game is "good", they say that because they JUST got their own FPS.
JUST like how ps2 fans with their "KillZone", or Xbox fans with their Halo1 would have did..

That's why.

Deception

Smash Ace
If people really were desperate to play some good FPS's, they should have bought some for the other consoles or the PC.

You're sorta restating my point about FPS's no longer really being unique. It's the most used genre this generation, like how platformers were popular during the NES and SNES days. Now platformers are practically dead outside a few gems and Mario. I really would dislike games like this to keep coming out at a fast rate, otherwise the genre will grow staler and eventually collapse.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
If people really were desperate to play some good FPS's, they should have bought some for the other consoles or the PC.

You're sorta restating my point about FPS's no longer really being unique. It's the most used genre this generation, like how platformers were popular during the NES and SNES days. Now platformers are practically dead outside a few gems and Mario. I really would dislike games like this to keep coming out at a fast rate, otherwise the genre will grow staler and eventually collapse.
Some people are desperate for an IR shooter.

Not a PC shooter nor an Xbox 360 shooter, an IR shooter.

And yes, the genre will eventually collapse. It always does, reguardless of the genre.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I was desperate for a good FPS. Xbox and PS3 were Meh really. The only problem with P.C's is that it would cost money to upgrade over time. Money is some thing I don't have at the time.
I played Metroid prime 3. At first I didn't want it to be honest. I then take my first shot a space pirate and instantly loved the I.R pointer.

But to be honest what's the next popular Genre then? Mecha simulation?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I had to get a PC to feed my FPS hunger. I don't regret it one bit, the only problem is that when I play shooters on consoles it feels slow and inaccurate. For some games this is partially due to poor frame rate, which isn't a problem on PCs since you can lower the graphics until it's a smooth 30 [for games like Crysis, Far Cry 2 and GTA 4 that aren't necessarily fast] or 60 frames per second [for faster games like TF2, L4D, UT3] .

metalmonstar

Smash Lord

You get pain from just pointing at the screen? That is sad, I have played Mario and Sonic and the olympic for 6 and was in no pain. Tired because Sonic cheats in the running events but by no means hurt.

I was one of those people hoping it would. Dual analog always felt wrong to me. I wish I had a high end PC to play shooters on there. Since I heard the mouse and keyboard are the best. It is a shame companies didn't really make an effort for a wii FPS until now.

Stating that Madworld would have done better on another console is the silly statement. I will humor you though. What black and white beat em up does the PS3 or Xbox have that has done well?

Madworld was a highly niche game. In fact I noticed some "hardcore" gamers thought it was too violent and obscene. The game was only 6 hours long so a lot of players passed it by for games that had longer play times. Some people are still waiting for the price to drop, so that it is reasonable to buy a six hour game. Finally platinum games (previously clover) has hardly ever had a game sell over 300k. You can say they have a habit of making cult classics that don't sell well. That could be why Capcom dropped them.

Also since when do on rail shooters sell well? I thought there popularity died with the arcade.

The next silly statement is that Conduit determines whether more core games come out or not. As soon as Conduit fails, DQX, Crystal Chronicles, Dead space, Darkside chronicles, Spyborgs, Spore, and Monster Hunter 3 will all be dropped.

Of course not, you can't ignore the largest userbase. Each company hopes to break through with a success and get untapped customers. Especially now that party games are no longer the in thing for the wii. I believe Bethesda just released that they were working on something. They are going to test the wii market. Supposedly they feel that if they can reach 2% of the wii market then it is worth developing games for.

This is a tough year. The gaming market is down big time in both Hardware and Software. My estimate is about 40-60%. It is getting harder and harder for games to succeed on any console.

Anyway I am looking forward to this game and hope it really delivers. I have been hoping for a game that I can use my Link Crossbow training skills for.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I never understood the need for better and better graphics, because once the gamecube came out I found the Nintendo games were good enough graphically. the realistic style might have needed work, but the Conduit seems to hit that minimum requirement for good graphics in a realistic game. As in, any further improvements would be minor at best. For me, it's pretty simple: a game must hit a certain graphical level before it isn't hurt by it's graphics - any less and I dislike it, and any more and I don't really care. Because this level was hit during the gamecube era, the latest generation hasn't impressed me, as I was satisfied. For the most part, the Conduit has hit that graphical sweet spot for me, so I can't really complain or compliment it's graphics.
Graphically, the Conduit isn't anything special. And when I have a PS3 that can play games at such a great, crisp, and clear resolution, why would I spend $50 on a game that doesn't even look up to snuff. As technology evolves, it stays constant. I can enjoy games on the 64 and PS2, but the graphics look extremely muddled now, and quite unimpressive. Sure it was fine back then, and I gladly paid full price, but now, if the graphics, along with EVERYTHING ELSE, is not up to snuff, I see no reason to buy a game for the price of other titles that do strive to achieve that.

Could you explain why people are impressed by Killzone 2 and Gears of War? I don't think I have the capacity to understand. Unless they are the same people who really though the 64 bit era was the golden age of gaming, in which case, I think I might fully understand (sadly, the SNES had better graphics, as it's AAA games actually look good. There is no way Super Mario 64 is as pretty a game as Yoshi's Island).
To answer your question about Killzone 2, since I didn't play GoW, it's the experience. When playing Killzone either online or single player, it captured the feeling of war so perfectly that I really was sucked into it. The story lacked, but I don't think I stopped smiling while playing parts because you actually feel pushed and pulled in the game as if it's a real event. That is the sign of a truly great FPS.

And on a final note - when playing FPS's, do you comfterbly rest the wii-remote in your lap when you play? Or do you strenuously hold it straight out in front of you? It makes a world of difference with FPS's. I mean, I could understand motion sickness ruining your wii FPS experience (because I have that problem) but if your hand is aching from an FPS, your probably using the controller wii-zapper style, which is not the best way to play.
Who said anything about motion sickness? I have quite horrible carpal tunnel syndrome that make any type of stabilizing movement (such as even pointing at the screen) quite painful. The way you described it sounds like the worst FPS controls ever. That is why FPSes belong on PC - control.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Graphically, the Conduit isn't anything special. And when I have a PS3 that can play games at such a great, crisp, and clear resolution, why would I spend $50 on a game that doesn't even look up to snuff. As technology evolves, it stays constant. I can enjoy games on the 64 and PS2, but the graphics look extremely muddled now, and quite unimpressive. Sure it was fine back then, and I gladly paid full price, but now, if the graphics, along with EVERYTHING ELSE, is not up to snuff, I see no reason to buy a game for the price of other titles that do strive to achieve that.

To answer your question about Killzone 2, since I didn't play GoW, it's the experience. When playing Killzone either online or single player, it captured the feeling of war so perfectly that I really was sucked into it. The story lacked, but I don't think I stopped smiling while playing parts because you actually feel pushed and pulled in the game as if it's a real event. That is the sign of a truly great FPS.

Who said anything about motion sickness? I have quite horrible carpal tunnel syndrome that make any type of stabilizing movement (such as even pointing at the screen) quite painful. The way you described it sounds like the worst FPS controls ever. That is why FPSes belong on PC - control.
To be honest, I would spend $50 on a game that's not up to snuff because those graphics that looked extremely muddled from back during the 64 bit era looked extremely muddled to me at the time.

The need for technology to evolve to stay constant is partially true, but partially illusion. I had all the same problems playing OoT now as when it came out. You see, for me personally, I never needed a game to evolve past the gamecube era because I would forget that the graphics are good for anything better than gamecube. I had everything I wanted (graphically), why would I need more? In fact, I wasn't completely sure how a next generation was possible until the Wii came along, as quite frankly, crisp graphics are lost in the experience of playing a game when the PS2 was good enough.

Haven't played Killzone, although I was refering to it's graphics. I'm sure it's gameplay is awesome.

As for the carpal tunnel syndrome - sorry to hear that, but it does confuse me a bit - how is the stabilizing motion of holding a wiimote different than the stabilizing motion of holding a normal controller?

FPS's make me motion sick. Halo's warthog, Portal, and Metroid Prime 3 all do this to me. I do love Halo though - a nice steady camera that makes no attempt to realistically portray movement and keeps me from getting ill makes it the best FPS for me to date. A lot of people have had problems with Mirror's Edge, I've heard, and I don't expect The Conduit to be keeping me from getting sick. I do however expect the levels to be not much more than an hour long, which is my tolerance (as Metroid Prime 3 showed me).

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
To be honest, I would spend $50 on a game that's not up to snuff because those graphics that looked extremely muddled from back during the 64 bit era looked extremely muddled to me at the time.

The need for technology to evolve to stay constant is partially true, but partially illusion. I had all the same problems playing OoT now as when it came out. You see, for me personally, I never needed a game to evolve past the gamecube era because I would forget that the graphics are good for anything better than gamecube. I had everything I wanted (graphically), why would I need more? In fact, I wasn't completely sure how a next generation was possible until the Wii came along, as quite frankly, crisp graphics are lost in the experience of playing a game when the PS2 was good enough.

Haven't played Killzone, although I was refering to it's graphics. I'm sure it's gameplay is awesome.

As for the carpal tunnel syndrome - sorry to hear that, but it does confuse me a bit - how is the stabilizing motion of holding a wiimote different than the stabilizing motion of holding a normal controller?

FPS's make me motion sick. Halo's warthog, Portal, and Metroid Prime 3 all do this to me. I do love Halo though - a nice steady camera that makes no attempt to realistically portray movement and keeps me from getting ill makes it the best FPS for me to date. A lot of people have had problems with Mirror's Edge, I've heard, and I don't expect The Conduit to be keeping me from getting sick. I do however expect the levels to be not much more than an hour long, which is my tolerance (as Metroid Prime 3 showed me).
With a normal controller, I just rest it on my lap, usually, so may hands aren't in any awkward positions. Since I haven't done my treatment in a while, if I hold my hand up parallel to the table, it feels heavy and throbs. With computer, I have an ergonomic keyboard.

Motion sickness is pretty hard to overcome too. I think the only game I got dizzy in was Portal.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
With a normal controller, I just rest it on my lap, usually, so may hands aren't in any awkward positions. Since I haven't done my treatment in a while, if I hold my hand up parallel to the table, it feels heavy and throbs. With computer, I have an ergonomic keyboard.

Motion sickness is pretty hard to overcome too. I think the only game I got dizzy in was Portal.
Sorry to hear that.

Clearly this isn't a game you would enjoy.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice

Like Halo?
Hmmm
So you didn't see the video I liked, right?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Well, I found another Nintendo Power Conduit review. Probably fake, but also probably exactly what we expect and hope to see (and hear). No dead giveaways that I can see that it's fake, but there is the quite conspicuous lack of captions. Typically, the pictures for the reviews in Nintendo Power feature humerous one liners next to them (correct me if I'm wrong), so there's a good chance that this one's also fake.

But I like it anyway.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm43/PDTempest/scan0001.jpg

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Well, I found another Nintendo Power Conduit review. Probably fake, but also probably exactly what we expect and hope to see (and hear). No dead giveaways that I can see that it's fake, but there is the quite conspicuous lack of captions. Typically, the pictures for the reviews in Nintendo Power feature humerous one liners next to them (correct me if I'm wrong), so there's a good chance that this one's also fake.

But I like it anyway.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm43/PDTempest/scan0001.jpg
Fanboys on N4G.com are b!tching about the score, saying things like "Take that Wii owners!", "WTF THIS HAS TO BE A FAKE!", "LMFAO, how do you like your sh** game now Wiitarded fa**ots?"...
(Most of the insults are coming from the PS3 fanboys.)

It kinda pisses me off when people like that call themselves "gamers".
They are MORE like "consolers".
They only care about games if it makes their console look good..

Like a game score (8/10) is gunna stop me from getting a game that I plan on have fun with. (Not look at it's graphics, just have fun..
That what "games" are for, right?)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Yeah, and the High graphics... yeah, the only difference between a PS3 game and a similar 360 game is a color swap somewhere, they aren't even high depth. There is practically no reason to get a PS3, sans a few games (MGS4 and a bunch of stuff made by Sony themselves). The only problem the conduit might face is that good Third party games that are on the wii tend to be lost among the sucky ones on the same shelf and start dying (I actually have difficulty finding Okami on the wii shelf, for example).

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Fanboys on N4G.com are b!tching about the score, saying things like "Take that Wii owners!", "WTF THIS HAS TO BE A FAKE!", "LMFAO, how do you like your sh** game now Wiitarded fa**ots?"...
(Most of the insults are coming from the PS3 fanboys.)

It kinda pisses me off when people like that call themselves "gamers".
They are MORE like "consolers".
They only care about games if it makes their console look good..

Like a game score (8/10) is gunna stop me from getting a game that I plan on have fun with. (Not look at it's graphics, just have fun..
That what "games" are for, right?)
But the review is probably fake anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Really old screenshots are used, no new information is supplied, and there's evidence to support that this page was inserted into a real Nintendo Power magazine - supposedly that folded corner in the upper left is a tactic for linin up the edges of a page you want to "scan" into a magazine/book/etc.

Yeah, and the High graphics... yeah, the only difference between a PS3 game and a similar 360 game is a color swap somewhere, they aren't even high depth. There is practically no reason to get a PS3, sans a few games (MGS4 and a bunch of stuff made by Sony themselves). The only problem the conduit might face is that good Third party games that are on the wii tend to be lost among the sucky ones on the same shelf and start dying (I actually have difficulty finding Okami on the wii shelf, for example).
I disagree. I played Okami, and I found it highly overrated, acclaimed for it's art style while it's combat controls needed at least minor adjustment; and it wasn't compelling enough that I wanted to see the end.

Okami is good, but it's not as great as it is reviewed to be. The biggest problem is multiple false endings that make you think you are finished when you aren't, which makes the latter half of the game not as compelling as it should be. Also, the art style isn't (IMO) better than the more common styles - very unique, but like Madworld, niche appeal.

The highly rated wii games that don't sell are, IMO, overrated. I've played both Okami and Zack and Wiki, and I couldn't help but feel that they simply aren't all that great.

However, as a platformer fan, I can tell you both Klonoa and Madworld are awesome but short. Neither of them are worth $30 because of their short length, but Madworld makes a great rental, and Klonoa has some of the toughest platforming sections ever created in it's post game. Be warned though - with Klonoa you'll need to look for secret rooms/portals in the reverse mode to get to most of these challenges, except for Balue's Tower, the game's forteenth stage which you get to play after finishing the game.

(EDIT: Don't worry about good games selling poorly. When a game is truely the best in it's genre, a great game, it is pretty much never ignored. World of Goo is a third party unignorable puzzle effort. Mario Galaxy is an unignorable platformer, Zelda an unignorable action adventure, Metroid an unignorable FPS adventure, Starfox an unignorable rail shooter/flight simulator, and they are all the best of the best. I would keep an eye on GTA Chinatown Wars - it is the highest rated DS game on metacritic. If it is ignored, then there might be a problem.)

Darkslash

Smash Master
The Preview was six freaking pages long for god sakes. If it was that long, the Review is going to be roughly twice the size. Especially for a game of this caliber on the Wii, a proper review isn't going to come up until a month later most likely.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I just have to wonder why people would make fake reviews and then go to great lengths to make them seem real.

I should probably pre order this game soon because I don't want to get stuck with that cartoon cover.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I just have to wonder why people would make fake reviews and then go to great lengths to make them seem real.

I should probably pre order this game soon because I don't want to get stuck with that cartoon cover.
At least the cartoon cover is better than the Megaman covers...

Darkslash

Smash Master
The Conduit Shaping The Soundtrack

Really nice tunes. I'm actually going to buy the OST if the music gets better.

EDIT: looking at the instruments, I can say this is an actual garage band.

http://www.behance.net/Gallery/The-Conduit-Shaping-the-Soundtrack/226926

Wow, all his instruments are home made.

Diego Stocco said:

Megaphonic Resodrum / Acoustic timbre coloration with controlled distortions
:
Reamping techniques are very useful to add depth and life to material generated with synths. In this particular case I was using a bullhorn to direct the sound inside a small kick drum, which was working as a resonator.

DistoDrum / Overdriven acoustic drum coupled with resonant toy piano tines:

I used this instrument as a basis for various things, recorded both with condenser mikes and piezo transducers. The condenser mikes were to capture the bright metallic sound, the piezo transducers instead were to record low frequencies coming from the oscillation of the tines transmitted to the skin. I created hits and grooves by messing with the tines and by hitting the edge of the drum.

Unorthodox Cymbals / Hanging cymbals played with a wooden saw:

Those cymbals were hung because when I was hitting them really strong I wanted them to weave freely around the microphones and possibly clash together. I used a wooden saw to create rattling metallic sounds that I later processed to create ambiences and transitional sounds.

LCO / Light Controlled Oscillator connected to a vintage reverberation amplifier:

I like to experiment with small electronic instruments, like the optical theremin. The pitch of this circuit responds to the intensity of external light, which makes it hard to play specific notes.
I wanted to find a better way to control not just the pitch but also the trigger of the sound in order to create rhythmic patterns. I used che chassis of an old device to host the circuit, connected a dimmer to control the intensity of a light bulb and a push-button switch to break the circuit, so I could control the note on/off. To fatten up the sound I connected it to a spring reverb, an hi-fi amp and two old speakers, recorded with a stereo microphone. The instrument needs to be be played in semi obscurity.

Metal Contrabass / Bowed piano and bass strings mounted on a garage heater:

When I'm looking for new ideas I often customize what's around me in that moment. I wanted to create deep and grungy bowed sounds to thicken up the basses of the strings section, as well as clusters and discordant transitional elements. I used a heater as the body for a bowed instrument. I attached piano and bass strings to it, tighten up with bolts and screws, with pierced metallic bars as bridges pushing against the heater, transmitting the vibrations to the entire structure.
MOAR EDIT: Halloween Captain. It turns out that the Conduit Review Is real.

http://the-conduit.webs.com/apps/blog/show/1037189-first-review-

Too be honest its not really in depth alot. I'm going to wait for an IGN or Gamespot review.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Well it translates into good news. Anything above a 7 is passing (according to school rules), and an 8 is a B (albeit low). With Prototype coming out, it is sorta doubtful that the conduit will win game of the month (unless prototype and all those other games in fact suck), but it is currently solid.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
But the review is probably fake anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Really old screenshots are used, no new information is supplied, and there's evidence to support that this page was inserted into a real Nintendo Power magazine - supposedly that folded corner in the upper left is a tactic for linin up the edges of a page you want to "scan" into a magazine/book/etc.

I disagree. I played Okami, and I found it highly overrated, acclaimed for it's art style while it's combat controls needed at least minor adjustment; and it wasn't compelling enough that I wanted to see the end.

Okami is good, but it's not as great as it is reviewed to be. The biggest problem is multiple false endings that make you think you are finished when you aren't, which makes the latter half of the game not as compelling as it should be. Also, the art style isn't (IMO) better than the more common styles - very unique, but like Madworld, niche appeal.

The highly rated wii games that don't sell are, IMO, overrated. I've played both Okami and Zack and Wiki, and I couldn't help but feel that they simply aren't all that great.

However, as a platformer fan, I can tell you both Klonoa and Madworld are awesome but short. Neither of them are worth $30 because of their short length, but Madworld makes a great rental, and Klonoa has some of the toughest platforming sections ever created in it's post game. Be warned though - with Klonoa you'll need to look for secret rooms/portals in the reverse mode to get to most of these challenges, except for Balue's Tower, the game's forteenth stage which you get to play after finishing the game.

(EDIT: Don't worry about good games selling poorly. When a game is truely the best in it's genre, a great game, it is pretty much never ignored. World of Goo is a third party unignorable puzzle effort. Mario Galaxy is an unignorable platformer, Zelda an unignorable action adventure, Metroid an unignorable FPS adventure, Starfox an unignorable rail shooter/flight simulator, and they are all the best of the best. I would keep an eye on GTA Chinatown Wars - it is the highest rated DS game on metacritic. If it is ignored, then there might be a problem.)
It was fake? Wow, that only makes the fanboys look more stupid. lol
It's funny how the person who made this wanted it to look real, lol.

It's like they CAN'T live if The Conduit turns out to be a "good" game.
(LMAO, It's as if they are scared of the video game.)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The Conduit Shaping The Soundtrack

Really nice tunes. I'm actually going to buy the OST if the music gets better.

EDIT: looking at the instruments, I can say this is an actual garage band.

http://www.behance.net/Gallery/The-Conduit-Shaping-the-Soundtrack/226926

Wow, all his instruments are home made.

MOAR EDIT: Halloween Captain. It turns out that the Conduit Review Is real.

http://the-conduit.webs.com/apps/blog/show/1037189-first-review-

Too be honest its not really in depth alot. I'm going to wait for an IGN or Gamespot review.
It was real?

Then why is it given an equal score to Sonic and the Black Knight?

Screw it, I just don't trust Nintendo Power reviews. They always overscore established franchises (The best review score in metacritic for Sonic and the Black Knight) while underscoring new IPs (Lowest review score in metacritic for Okami wii). 8.0 is by no means bad, but the problem with the score is a Nintendo Power 8.0 equals a mediocre sonic game but an amazing (although maybe not excellent) 3rd party Action adventure.

I'm sorry, but if it is the best pure FPS on the wii, it should have a higher rating than their Red Steel and CoD: World at War reviews.

Eh, I'm only annoyed because I want to play a GOTY. I haven't played anything I consider worthy in a long time. Although to be honest, I'm not sure if the single player even matters so long as the multiplayer is excellent.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
It was real?

Then why is it given an equal score to Sonic and the Black Knight?

Screw it, I just don't trust Nintendo Power reviews. They always overscore established franchises (The best review score in metacritic for Sonic and the Black Knight) while underscoring new IPs (Lowest review score in metacritic for Okami wii). 8.0 is by no means bad, but the problem with the score is a Nintendo Power 8.0 equals a mediocre sonic game but an amazing (although maybe not excellent) 3rd party Action adventure.

I'm sorry, but if it is the best pure FPS on the wii, it should have a higher rating than their Red Steel and CoD: World at War reviews.

Eh, I'm only annoyed because I want to play a GOTY. I haven't played anything I consider worthy in a long time. Although to be honest, I'm not sure if the single player even matters so long as the multiplayer is excellent.
The conduit got the same score as a next-gen sonic game?
LMAO, IGN and gamespot is soooo giving this game a 4. lol

Anyway, It's like I said before, I'm getting it anyway.
I guess this means I'll have two FPS games

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Well IGN agreed with NP about Call Of Duty. Also Nintendo power said it was the best FPS to date. So it really could go either way still. NP is rather inconsistent it seems.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Well IGN agreed with NP about Call Of Duty. Also Nintendo power said it was the best FPS to date. So it really could go either way still. NP is rather inconsistent it seems.
Yeah I know but, sonic and the black knight!?
lol

(Someone better check NP for drugs.)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
(Someone better check NP for drugs.)
Nah, I think it's just my fanboy alarm going off.

Let's face it, NP is just a bunch of fanboys looking to sell products. I stopped reading their reviews for anything more than entertainment value a while ago.

The fact that they advertised MP3 as their first perfect 10 rating was quite the obvious giveaway. First of all, that shouldn't have happened at all (it was a good game, I love it and Metroid in general, but it was far from perfect, especially compared to other titles like Melee). Second of all, they didn't always have a "1-10" rating system. When I first began subscribing, they gave a star rating from 1-5 from each of five reviewers.

I looked back and the original Prime got a perfect 5 from all of them, and I'd be willing to bet that other games got that too (I didn't start subscribing until shortly after Prime came out -- Metroid Fusion was on the cover of my first issue).
Hm, so much for their first perfect score.

Top Bottom