• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat Podcast has an interview with HVS, and apparently they'll be able to announce a publisher in less than a month. It's a larger company who's in line with what HVS wants to do on the Wii.

Maybe THQ? The guy didn't say "the largest", but a "large" company, so I'm going to hazard a guess that it's not EA. THQ has been publishing a bunch of quality 3rd party stuff for Nintendo consoles as of late, and I wouldn't call it outside the realm of possibility.
EA..not a chance..I don't really like em. Madden is dumb. It's the same thing' new rosters. Yeah, I said it.
THQ is not a bad choice..
Capcom(?) I'd say a fair chance.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Capcom...

Yeah, Capcom would do justice with the series.
Capcom? Justice? Is that a Ace Attorney reference I spot?
I hope that The Conduit isn't too overhyped and turns out bad.
I remember Red Steel's advertising was pretty good and hyped a lot of people only to be pretty horrible in my opinion.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Capcom? Justice? Is that a Ace Attorney reference I spot?
I hope that The Conduit isn't too overhyped and turns out bad.
I remember Red Steel's advertising was pretty good and hyped a lot of people only to be pretty horrible in my opinion.
Ign preview said this was no red steel. Hell they even compared it to Red Steel over hypedness

High Voltage is not "officially" showing The Conduit at E3, but it has set up the first-person shooter on a small flat-screen television in a darkened hotel room in downtown Los Angeles. Creative directors Eric Nofsinger and Matt Corso seem excited to finally show us the title in motion, but also a little nervous. And we can understand why. This is do or die time. No more controlled videos or screenshots. Now the game really has to speak for itself. And we've been in exactly this situation before -- where a title has been made to be the next big thing, but when we finally sit down to play it, we're underwhelmed.

After explaining that all the voice work in the 15-minute E3 2008 demo of The Conduit is placeholder, the action begins and any remaining fears we have are washed away. We can tell right from the get-go that High Voltage has nailed it, just as we could tell from the start that Ubisoft's over-hyped first-person shooter Red Steel totally missed the mark. You can see it in the way the reticule moves smoothly around the screen and you can see it when Corso makes a sharp turn and the screen flows quickly and fluidly to the right. The clunky, mechanical control that you endure in so many console-based first-person shooters is absent from The Conduit. Rather, it simulates the spectacular responsiveness found in Medal of Honor Heroes 2, a game that we celebrated almost entirely for its definable control setup.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/891/891710p1.html

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
High Voltage is not "officially" showing The Conduit at E3, but it has set up the first-person shooter on a small flat-screen television in a darkened hotel room in downtown Los Angeles. Creative directors Eric Nofsinger and Matt Corso seem excited to finally show us the title in motion, but also a little nervous. And we can understand why. This is do or die time. No more controlled videos or screenshots. Now the game really has to speak for itself. And we've been in exactly this situation before -- where a title has been made to be the next big thing, but when we finally sit down to play it, we're underwhelmed.

After explaining that all the voice work in the 15-minute E3 2008 demo of The Conduit is placeholder, the action begins and any remaining fears we have are washed away. We can tell right from the get-go that High Voltage has nailed it, just as we could tell from the start that Ubisoft's over-hyped first-person shooter Red Steel totally missed the mark. You can see it in the way the reticule moves smoothly around the screen and you can see it when Corso makes a sharp turn and the screen flows quickly and fluidly to the right. The clunky, mechanical control that you endure in so many console-based first-person shooters is absent from The Conduit. Rather, it simulates the spectacular responsiveness found in Medal of Honor Heroes 2, a game that we celebrated almost entirely for its definable control setup.

At least this has good controls for a shooter. The only one for the wii, I think.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
At least this has good controls for a shooter. The only one for the wii, I think.
*Coughmetroidprime3Cough*

but seriously,I sincerley hope this game turns out well. If it can provide a fun, well-made online multiplayer expierince, then it's a first day purchase for me.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
I played it at PAX, but the demo I played was only the PreAlpha version so it looked pretty choppy at 3 feet away. But from the back of the line it was amazing.

Oh the the lead product designer or somthing was there and he said that

1. The reason for no split screen is beacause, the graphics there pushing cant be split on a TV
2. Most likely there not going to reach 60 frames a second
3. Game realeases in six months
4. He said Friendcodes were stupid.
5. It might be a series

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
1) Yeah, he also said that LAN was very likely. And, haven't they said that splitscreen was going to be in in a recent interview?

2) Yeh. I didn't think they would. I'm expecting 45 frames, myself.

3) We already knew that...

4) Woohoo!

Darkslash

Smash Master
I played it at PAX, but the demo I played was only the PreAlpha version so it looked pretty choppy at 3 feet away. But from the back of the line it was amazing.

1. The reason for no split screen is beacause, the graphics there pushing cant be split on a TV
5. It might be a series
1)We might have LAN
2)I'm geussing 30-45 FPS
3)Yea most people know
4)Zack Fair gives you an OHHH YEA!!!!!!!!1
5)IF the game is good=Zack Fair giving more Ohh Yeah!!!!

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, I'm actually finding myself getting excited for the release of this game. And I don't usually get too about most video games.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93

5. It might be a series
1. For the Wii, I could understand..give us LAN though.
2. Yeah, 40-45 seems like a good bet.
3. That better go by fast. Lol.
4. Friendcodes are stupid..but what will they do? Will it be...NORMAL!?
5. Hopefully..

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
Actually he did say that

1. There is LAN and they set up an office and played a match with 12 people and there was a minimal amount of lag.
2. ...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Wait, when you say no split-screen, do you mean no offline multiplayer?

I'm a sad panda.:(

Though on the bright side, we might not have to deal with friendcodes. :)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Am I the only one who didn't see this coming?

This will probably be the first major game for the Wii that's not going to be made by Nintendo. It's obviously going to get some sort of representation outside of gaming websites. Nintendo, despite the fact that this game might get an M-rating, still wants to make it pedo-proof.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
I'm soooo glad I just bought a 360! Honestly, I'm not sure I'll even buy this game anymore unless it gets rave reviews. Right now the only thing it has going for it is the controls.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
This sounds spookily like Hybrid Heaven.

Consider it watched. No offline coop sucks, though, one of my two friends that play video games would be all over this as he was a big HH fan too.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Nintendo Wii Fanboy said:
During the fall media summit, Nintendo's Cammie Dunaway has called The Conduit an "exclusive first-party shooter coming to Wii." Could this mean Nintendo is publishing the game? Sure, and, frankly, we all expected as much. But, it could just be a slip of words. Maybe she meant first-person shooter? We're going to try and stay optimistic about it and just go with Nintendo publishing the thing, because we'd like to see that. If she did just mix up her words, expect an update from us.
We all know she's not to be trusted, but she is a Nintendo high-up. *winces* First-party just screams of friend codes unless this recent onslaught of hardcore has Nintendo going in a new direction.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
We all know she's not to be trusted, but she is a Nintendo high-up. *winces* First-party just screams of friend codes unless this recent onslaught of hardcore has Nintendo going in a new direction.
They aren't "going in a new direction", they're doing what they've been doing for two years: release "news" on an in-development "hardcore" game right when the Nintendo Bull****-O-Meter reaches the top because they know it shuts us up until the game actually comes out and we become even more disappointed.

Eventually they'll run out of "announcements".

Deception

Smash Ace
They aren't "going in a new direction", they're doing what they've been doing for two years: release "news" on an in-development "hardcore" game right when the Nintendo Bull****-O-Meter reaches the top because they know it shuts us up until the game actually comes out and we become even more disappointed.

Eventually they'll run out of "announcements".
Well aren't you a negative Nancy.

If Nintendo is publishing this game, I'm sure we have a great game on our hands. And if this game sells well, Nintendo might make more games of this type (but hopefully not a lot FPS', I mean games for those who game as an extreme hobby and such).

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
Wait....16 player online with friend codes?

Yeah, I'm gonna get 15 people and exchange friend codes with all of them.....

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Hopefully they have a lobby or something like that so you could just choose from the list.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Eh, the game still screams mediocre. A lot of people don't really notice, but there hasn't been many good console FPS's this generation. Halo 3 and Resistance were top notch games, no doubt, but the rest were really nothing-inspired rehashes.

The biggest thing that keeps FPS games going - online, and if friend codes are going

Deception

Smash Ace
Eh, the game still screams mediocre. A lot of people don't really notice, but there hasn't been many good console FPS's this generation. Halo 3 and Resistance were top notch games, no doubt, but the rest were really nothing-inspired rehashes.

The biggest thing that keeps FPS games going - online, and if friend codes are going
How was Halo 3 not a rehash? It's the same as the other two, just with some added features that don't really add to the gameplay and updated visuals.

Darkslash

Smash Master

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and Call of Duty 4 say Hi.

Top Bottom