• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I wouldn't hold my breath, Sega hasn't done anything good in years. It would help if they had no influence over Conduit more than if they tried to help.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Who seriously was going to believe that SEGA of all publishers. I mean they really arn't the people to think about when FPS is mentioned. What would be awesome if they reactivate SEGAnet. Heck i think The Conduit could be a revival of SEGA's Dreamcast days.

Sega does what Nintendon't
Trade mark of SEGA..What i just had to bring that up!

derek.haines

Smash Ace
The only previous SEGA FPSs that I can come up with are an Alien-licensed one, and an apparently cancelled, kinda craptastic looking one call "Fifth Phantom Saga". So, yeah, not the most FPS-heavy company ever.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Nintendo's publishing this game. Just thought I'd drop that bombshell. *skips off*
El oh El

CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT!!!

Where the hell did you get that from? Unless your doing this for the lulz, this is seriously old and we already know who the Publisher is.

Darkslash

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m28qWrWTmS0

Some guy was so lucky to get a Conduit Shirt AND a manual signed by the Dev team of the conduit.

Confirmed changes changes

-A new mite was added its a pun called the "Para-mite"
-The Drone received a complete overhaul. Its gotten more Star Wars Storm Trooper like, it is now in a black with dark yellow armor,similar to wasp markings, and is now called the Maggot.
-The Druge weapons also got a complete overall. The Strike Rifle got the most obvious change

Unconfirmed changes
-The Quantum 3 engine is getting another upgrade.

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m28qWrWTmS0

Some guy was so lucky to get a Conduit Shirt AND a manual signed by the Dev team of the conduit.

Confirmed changes changes

-A new mite was added its a pun called the "Para-mite"
-The Drone received a complete overhaul. Its gotten more Star Wars Storm Trooper like, it is now in a black with dark yellow armor,similar to wasp markings, and is now called the Maggot.
-The Druge weapons also got a complete overall. The Strike Rifle got the most obvious change

Unconfirmed changes
-The Quantum 3 engine is getting another upgrade.
Shokio. He made youtube videos about The Conduit as well as others that were defending the Wii console. The developers saw his videos and gave him that Shirt and the Manual.

If i'm correct, he is also going to get a chance to interview HVS.
Saw this vid the day it was made. :/

K64

Smash Apprentice
Looking at it it reminded me of St. Cortez. This looks very convincing. If they want to this big shot for the Wii, do like everyone else and put some mapmaking tools in it. When that happens I'll be sold.

Darkslash

Smash Master
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14248157/the-conduit/videos/conduit_devfeaturesvid_011509.html

This game is REALLY shaping up. I mean look at it. Heck enemies that heal them selves? I really havn't seen that much in FPS's. The guns also got a sound upgrade and sound more Gun like. Blurry Backgrounds when reloading kinda surprised me. Must be becuase of the attention your hands. Also the enemies disappearing look better now.In the early stages they disappeared in a manner like in Metroid Prime, now i can notice that they desinigrate mid air and leave empty shells behind. Although i theorize that the husk are really their armor.

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14248157/the-conduit/videos/conduit_improvementvideo_011509.html

It may be me but the thing flashes alot of Green.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Graphically, the game still looks horrible. No anti-aliasing at all. The models look REALLY rigid, and the AI looks slow and unresponsive. When good games have amazing AI - Far Cry and Crisis for example - it makes this look horrible. "Ooo the enemy hides." In Crysis the enemy heals, reloads, calls for back-up, and can flank you.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Enemies have "healed themselves" since Halo 2. It's standard nowadays in FPS games. There's a lot of stuff in that developer diary that is standard in FPS games these days that he hypes up. He seemed really happy about the dynamic sound and music, which has been standard... forever? Yeah, forever.

And graphically, it looks last-gen. It looks like an Xbox, GameCube or PS2 game.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
It depends what you're viewing it on. It looks mediocre on my 1440x900 laptop screen.

Of course, a 480p game will look bad on a high res screen. which is what you're viewing it on.
Melee looks great to me, until I play it on an HD tv, and then it looks really nasty. Not that I game on HDs for the most part anyway, since they're all laggy. Monitors and a VGA cable is the way to go.

I agree, he sounds really dumb when he talks about AI dodging left and right, hiding, etc.

About the only thing I saw that I thought was interesting was being able to move the HUD around and change the transparency.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, yeah, the Wii can only go up to 480i (enhanced TV). For this generation when you have graphics like Metal Gear Solid 4, Gears of War 2, etc, it's expected to have good graphics with a good physics.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Enemies have "healed themselves" since Halo 2.
Does that mean Elite's recharging their shields or the grunts who to my knowledge have no shields and heath only.
Any ways the thing that really piped up my interest was the custom controls, which thankfully have a option to turn of the Letz Shake(waggle). Though in Killzone 2, you can't turn off the SIXAXIS options, which can totally ruin your experience. You have to hold the controller still if you want to snipe....what?.

The ability to make the HUD transparent enough not to be seen with out cheats, is a nice touch. I personally don't like HUD's blocking my view when your not in a helmet. Which is why i'm going to love this option.

Any ways I theorize that the Conduit is going to be the Wii's Halo/Killzone, in many ways. Sony and MS users are going to see if it flops and vice versa for Killzone.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Any ways I theorize that the Conduit is going to be the Wii's Halo/Killzone, in many ways. Sony and MS users are going to see if it flops and vice versa for Killzone.
The first Killzone sucked, it was riddled with bugs and frame rate problems and it was over hyped, so I don't think you want to compare the Conduit to that. Killzone 2 *might* fix the damaged reputation of the series but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm also having trouble seeing what separates The Conduit from most other shooters [motion sensing doesn't count]. The more shooters I play the less I see Conduit being as great as the developers are making it out to be. There hasn't been mention of any features in gameplay that makes me think "Oh man that's awesome". Halo had lots of multiplayer customization [for a console shooter], it had online and matchmaking backed by the gameplay [a bit slow for my tastes but it was alright], TF2 has a well rounded [still needs tweaking] class system, unique character models, great maps and great gameplay to boot, Battlefield has vehicles, squads and a high player limit for those large robust maps. There's just not a major selling point for the Conduit other than motion controls and customization, and they're just supposed to be icing on the cake.

FPS is a crowded genre and it takes a lot of effort to break into especially when multiplayer is what tends to make or break current shooters. Considering the Wii's online I can't say I'm looking forward to the multiplayer, peer to peer networking sucked for Brawl, I can only imagine it will suck for The Conduit.

Call me a graphics ***** but couldn't they at least use a little AA? It almost looks like a first generation PS2 game.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well Nintendo Power having "exclusive" Conduit Multiplayer features next issue, so we gotta wait for that. It could be great, could totally suck
and for you holding the wimote just press the A button. LET THE BLOODSHED BEGIN!
*ahem* so yes we have to wait for a month to see what the multiplayer will be. Also the footage i think is a Alpha-Beta build, so its not the final product. Plus i haven't seen the Manual updates, such as a green Strike Rifle or Updated maggots/drones to show wasp colors. IT would likely be in the Final build.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Anti-Aliasing will be in the beta phase at the latest. In fact, it's one of things they usually test out on the engine first to make sure they can get away with that graphical rep. The fact that we are seeing full gameplay means the graphics will be tweaked slightly, but not beyond PS2-XBox gen.

Alzi

Smash Master
This game seems intresting seeing as it's for the wii and the graphics arn't so bad. Well we have to wait and see to see exactly how good it is.

JDM

Smash Champion
I hope this game lives up to the hype.

I need a wii shooter for my game library.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
At a recent hands-on demo, the game's art director, Matt Corso, was dropping all kinds of techie jargon into my tape recorder. But I can't blame him; the game looks great, sporting draw-distances, bump-mapping, lighting, shadowing and particle effects that wouldn't look out of place on the Playstation 3 or Xbox 360.

All that graphical panache was in full force while I was playing through a portion of the aliens-invade-Washington, D.C. title earlier this week.

I found myself treading a crowded urban street as the mysterious Mr. Ford, who works for the equally shadowy Trust, effortlessly shooting insect-like enemy "Drudge" and blowing up vehicles, all while taking in the pretty visual presentation.

Most impressive, especially for the Wii, were the explosions, which filled the screen in fiery detail on more than one occasion. But even tiny touches, like the realistic glare off the front of a newspaper vending machine, stand-out on the Wii. Also, the cool reload animations--an important part of any shooter--had me restocking my arsenal just to check it out again and again.

Just as impressive as the art direction, were the solid controls; I haven't felt this comfortable pointing the remote like a gun since strapping on Samus' arm canon in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Character movement with the nunchuck also felt fluid, aiming was spot-on, and even the camera managed to keep up with the quick-paced action.

It will likely still feel awkward to the mouse-and-keyboard crowd and gamepad jockeys--this isn't the end-all, be-all control scheme for shooters--but The Conduit has definitely hit the sweet spot for shooter gaming on the Wii.

If you don't like the default controls, you can always customise to your alien-thwarting heart's content.

One of the title's more innovative features is its almost stubborn insistence on meeting every single player's style and preference in terms of personalizing the controls.

You can map pretty much whatever action you want wherever you like; not just the obvious stuff like moving and firing, either, but even things like what motion you prefer to use when tossing grenades can be tuned.

This feature also extends to the HUD elements, which can be placed anywhere on the screen, and options such as look sensitivity and turning speed. Best of all, you needn't kick out to the main menu to tweak--it can all be done in-game.

The Conduit's bar-raising visuals, tight gameplay, conspiracy-riddled alien invasion yarn, and gamer-loving customisation options make it a real stand-out on the Wii's 2009 line-up.
http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2009...ardcore_gaming_to_the_wii_handson-2.html#more

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
The Wii is perfect for FPS games and the graphics are definitely capable of looking pretty good, haven't you played Metroid Prime 3?

peeup

Smash Lord
A question about how wiispeak will work:

I understand that the microphone takes in sound from everybody in the room, but is there any way to plug in headphones or something to make it so that only you can hear it? Or does it only come out of a speaker?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Bumped because I just found out that this is actually a wii exclusive.

Seriously, look at the graphics and tell me you didn't initially think this was multi-platform.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
The graphics look pretty good for a wii game. A couple things about this game impress me.

1. Complete customization.

2. It looks like a faster paced shooter which is more of my style than the slower ones.

3. The company put a lot on the line and really understands there fans. They have been working for us and have listened to us. I respect that a lot. I am tempted to buy the game just to support the company itself.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Comic Con Build

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45246.html

Looks nicer. Voices changed and It also seems that there are 2 variations of the same gun. A Black and red Bio Ammo Strike Rifle and the Green and Orange Strike rifle. The Black Strike Rifle has to be found so it maybe a trust-Drudge Hybrid.

Health seems to recharge as well, but that could be due to the armor that he gets.

Also I seen Ford.

EDIT: I just noticed that they changed it YET again from the Dev Diary. Look at the dev then at the Comic con build. There's more of differences.

Darkslash

Smash Master
http://gonintendo.com/?p=71973

The Conduit will not have split-screen multiplayers and even after they got LAN working, they can't put it in because Nintendo doesn't allow it.

Reminds me how the "hardcore" are all being whiny *****es about it
. The Conduit is already some hiccups running on the Wii imagine 2 screens. Jesus those guys are hard to please.

EDIT: NVM Thats where all the whiny "hardcore" are..

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Sorry, but losing LAN doesn't seem like much of a loss. If the internet multiplayer works, then I could really care less about losing the cumbersome process of LAN lines.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Nintendo won't allow LAN? Sounds similar to how they don't allow players to use names or taunt chat in Brawl unless you use Friend Codes. Nintendo sure is backwards when it comes to multiplayer.

paledragon64

Smash Cadet
I don't believe the release date was mentioned, although the LAN thing, which was in the same article. For anyone curious, it's June 7th, which makes me sad...

And I honestly don't care about either split-screen or LAN. Sensor bar + 1/4 of the screen = BAD

Top Bottom