• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Someone update me.

Will there be voice chat?

Will there be online?

Will there be friend codes?
I believe they have already stated that there will be voice chat but you have to use the wii speak.

Yes there will be online.

I am pretty sure there are friend codes but HVS is trying to get around this by having an online lobby in which you can exchange friend codes with those you play with.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I found out that this uses the Quantum3 engine, designed by High Voltage itself. I must admit, it rocks. Do you think it might be sold for use on other titles like the unreal engine, or do you think only High Voltage games will feature this frankly amazing graphical detail?

My one criticism is that the tradeoff for next gen. enemies appears to be last gen. backgrounds. But I can overlook this, as the company correctly guessed that I will be looking at what I am shooting when I play this game, not the inanimate objects behind it.

Well, actually, I also criticize the majority of first person shooters giving me acute motion sickness. It is not a good idea to make the screen waiver with every gunshot and footstep, a fact that I applaud Bungie for recognizing.

Darkslash

Smash Master
bump but..

New Trailer is out

Reanimated Sand with guns=Confirmed

Seems that smaller Conduits are linked to a bigger Conduit and these bigger Conduits spawn a huge boss and smaller infantry, as shown in the trailer a huge Scarab like creature.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Someone update me.

Will there be voice chat?

Will there be online?

Will there be friend codes?
1st: Yes, there will be Voice Chat through Wii Speak if that's what you meant and here comes MY first question: Wii Speak didn't come out in Europe and Pal cause the only game supporting it at that time was Animal Crossing: City Folk. Does this mean that since The conduit is propably coming here Wii Speak is going to come along?

2nd: It's mentioned everywhere icluding trailers, previews, wikipedia and even in this thread that it will indeed include Online Multiplayer. A better question would be if it has an Offline Multiplayer of any kind as well. I have Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Call of Duty: World at War on the Wii and while I do have internet and like online matches I'd love an FPS (Especially The Conduit since it's looking great) that supports multiplayer on a single Wii so that I can play with my brother or my friends. (Sadly the all-conquering Wii hasn't reached us out here in Cyprus and I have a hard time finding someone to play with online)

3rd: I'm positive that I have read somewhere in the same paragraph the words/phrases: "Online Multiplayer" and "Friends" under the title "The Conduit". Due to that I'm almost certain that we will be able to list our Wii Friends on the game and I highly doubt that it will be done without friendcodes.

P.S.: And no, Call of Duty: World at War's "Co-op Mode" is not considered a "Multiplayer Mode", at least not in my opinion.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Playing back through Metroid Prime 3 makes me very, very excited for how this game is going to play. As the proud owner of all three major game consoles and both handhelds, and having legitimately used a few real firearms myself, I can say with complete confidence that there is no system quite as suited for controlling an FPS as the Wii. If this game is half as good as it promises to be, it's going to be a hell of a good romp.

Still a day one purchase, if I can manage it.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I played Killzone 2 and some other shooters today and after playing with mouse and keyboard for around 9 months I forgot how weird aiming is with dual analogs. The wiimote isn't perfect but I think if I had to make a list dual analogs would probably be in last, something about the acceleration and sensitivity just doesn't seem right anymore.

Skrah

Smash Ace
I played Killzone 2 and some other shooters today and after playing with mouse and keyboard for around 9 months I forgot how weird aiming is with dual analogs. The wiimote isn't perfect but I think if I had to make a list dual analogs would probably be in last, something about the acceleration and sensitivity just doesn't seem right anymore.
You can adjust sensibility in options. Although mouse is the best FPS controls evah.

I'd probably place Wiimote last, mainly because of my sucky pulse.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
You can adjust sensibility in options. Although mouse is the best FPS controls evah.

I'd probably place Wiimote last, mainly because of my sucky pulse.
Sucky pulse? what does that even mean?

I'd have to place duel analogue last simply because it is the most difficult to master FPS control scheme I can imagine. I would place touch screen with stylus first if it were ever invented.

A touch screen FPS... someone should make one for the new Macs.

Darkslash

Smash Master

I'd have to place duel analogue last simply because it is the most difficult to master FPS control scheme I can imagine. I would place touch screen with stylus first if it were ever invented.

Your prayers have been answered in 2007. And from experience, CoD hand held(or any FPS for handhelds that matter) should be on the DS. Tried a shooter(can't remember the name) on the PSP and can't have the responsiveness of the Touch screen.

Skrah

Smash Ace

My hands aren't steady.

The Conduit looks good. Wii needs games like this. But I'm not buying it. If the Conduit were to be released on any of the other two consoles, it'd be an average game. The only thing going for it is the controls.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

Your prayers have been answered in 2007. And from experience, CoD hand held(or any FPS for handhelds that matter) should be on the DS. Tried a shooter(can't remember the name) on the PSP and can't have the responsiveness of the Touch screen.
I didn't think of that :laugh:
Is it any good?

My hands aren't steady.

The Conduit looks good. Wii needs games like this. But I'm not buying it. If the Conduit were to be released on any of the other two consoles, it'd be an average game. The only thing going for it is the controls.
If the people who believe that the Wii needs the Conduit don't want to buy the Conduit, then I guess the Wii doesn't need the Conduit, does it?

The FPS genre needs an IR pointer game that equals the first Halo in story and Halo 3 in online. The latter being much more important than the former.

The Wii prints money with or without that.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I wouldn't hold my breath, the Wii isn't in the same league as the other two consoles so developers would have to put in more work to make their games work on the Wii [like Dead Rising, for example]

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I wouldn't hold my breath, the Wii isn't in the same league as the other two consoles so developers would have to put in more work to make their games work on the Wii [like Dead Rising, for example]
Well, the Conduit will not be all that successful in the short run compared to Halo. It will probably do as well as Metroid Prime 3 or Resident Evil 4 assuming that it does live up to our expectations. It will probably do as well as CoD4 on the PS3 if the game has online multiplayer that equals CoD4 on Xbox, as I personally think that the lack of online multiplayer has hampered most wii exclusive FPS's, especially Metroid Prime 3 and Resident Evil 4.

Don't hold your breath until (or unless) the Wii cements itself as this gen's PS2. FPS's are always given to the Xbox 360 because Xbox owners buy the most FPS's.

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
The more info I find about this game, the more I want it. HVS knew that they were doing with The Conduit. Being able to make your own controls, 16 player online multi-player, and how well it works with the Wiimote and Nunny.

This game is going to be well worth the money.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I still find it sad that it offers no offline multiplayer... Can you even Lan on a Wii? If the only multiplayer experience I'll be getting off the Conduit is through Nintendo's poor online framework then... ugh. I'd much rather play KZ2/Halo3/CoD4 with my friends and/or on Live/PSN, even given the horrid controls. The last good shooters I've played on a Nintendo console were Goldeneye & PerfectDark. I simply hope The Conduit can live up to the hype -.-

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Its June 9th.

Awesome that it comes out exactly a week after Nintendo's E3 conference(June 2nd). It's bound to get major publicity there.
That actually seems conspicuously close to E3.

If nothing else, the game is going to get publicity. I wonder if they'll (High Voltage) make an official announcement about the online mode. Nintendo was a little dry last E3.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Am I the only one not looking forward to this game?

If the story and gameplay are incredible, I may give it a shot, but no offline multiplayer is a bad move, especially since Red Steel's multiplayer offered tighter controls than the single player.

However, the only FPS I enjoyed were the Timesplitters series and Red Faction II.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Am I the only one not looking forward to this game?

If the story and gameplay are incredible, I may give it a shot, but no offline multiplayer is a bad move, especially since Red Steel's multiplayer offered tighter controls than the single player.

However, the only FPS I enjoyed were the Timesplitters series and Red Faction II.
There's no offline multiplayer because apparently offline multiplayer is a graphical impossibility.

But I'm not too thrilled about the Conduit. I don't like FPS's generally, and I absolutely do not care unless the game has really good online, as I already own Metroid Prime 3.

Top Bottom