• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Acedude55

Smash Ace
who uses falcon kick at a percent lower than 40? >_>

you should be ****** with not-falcon kick moves the first 0-50%.

Past at least 40%, a mid range connected falcon kick won't be punished easily.

Mid range does 11% last I checked.

Edit: I should look into damage %'s in wich Falcon kick would be punishable/non-punishable.

didn't I say that already? lol

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
I'm sorry, I just can't agree with you. If I go to college, we need to meet up at a local tourney for the south, and we'll play locally, and I'll show you how it's done.

I refuse to accept anything about how Falcon Kick is the last resort/never used option. Red8 said it. My sig is proof. Falcon Kick is good.

Move wise it's better too, because if you if connect with a shield doing a Raptor Boost, you're stuck with lag, in front of your opponent, and with no means of escape. If you miss, you fall with tons of lag.

Falcon Kick, you will end up behind your opponent, some distance away, lag tough to punish due to distance, and you have a means of escape, and it can be canceled on edge.

I think the winning move is clear.
I lol'd.

Okay, people didn't get it, so I made a little graph.

Hope this helps.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
raptor boost has really good shield slide, noone can shield grab it except for like.. dedede

most chars will try to dash grab, and you can jab them out of it
While I agree that fk is a bad move, this is wrong.
You can shieldgrab a raptor boost before or during the connection of the hitbox .

I did this a copious amount of times, and not with D3.

Srsly, the hitbox of raptor boost is big and alright but it's so slow and weak and non disjointed that even falcon can shieldgrab it.
So unless the guy you're playing has never heard of RB before don't RB his shield.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i havent played brawl in 4 weeks and ive never been shieldgrabbed out of it lol so sorry if i was wrong

Gekoo

Smash Rookie
my question is this: ever drank a falcon punch?(lol)
whats with falcon punch as edge punishing or edge guarding?

Kishin

Smash Ace
Jab -> pivot D-smash?

It beats people with not too high grab ranges since the start of D-smash moves falcon in the other direction slightly. It also beats people who like to roll behind you and side step.

Yes?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
No, it's possible for them to pull up a power shield.

But if you want to look cool:

Fastfall First Hit NAIR -> Jab Cancel -> Stutterstep Reverse Raptor Boost.

Falcon slides behind the opponent and raptor boosts them. It looks cool, puts you behind them, and since it'll take a split second, their shielding won't count as a perfect shield and can easily be pressured if you jab cancel -> Raptor boost again. I love doing that. <3

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Raptor boost can be reversed which makes it a nice turn around after you started running away. Running speed + raptor boost = ****ed up mind games.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
lawl It's true. Works alot of the time.

But First hit FF N-air -> up-b > all.

21% õ_ó

LET'S PLEASE DISCUSS HOW MUCH FALCON ***** WARIO/SNAKE

k?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I wouldn't say they '****' them, but Falcon really isn't a horrible character against Snake. I've faired pretty well against Bunnyma and Ally both in the past with Falcon, considering the match-up. It's still NOWHERE near being in Falcon's favor, but poor Snake is just rapebait for combos. Especially if you take him to Battlefield.

But Snake is still Snake.

Wario, no. Falcon isn't good at all against Wario because Chomp stops just about everything we have on the ground, and his air game demolishes ours in almost every way. Plus, Wario has an EXTRA taunt while on his Bike. That just makes an ill wind pass over me in that match-up. Falcon should be the one with the extra taunt, not Wario.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I wouldn't say they '****' them, but Falcon really isn't a horrible character against Snake. I've faired pretty well against Bunnyma and Ally both in the past with Falcon, considering the match-up. It's still NOWHERE near being in Falcon's favor, but poor Snake is just rapebait for combos. Especially if you take him to Battlefield.
..I lol'd.

Zeallyx

Hey, it's true from my perspective.

Utilizing fast falling skills against Snake on Battlefield is amazing. : D
No it can't be. Or you have the perspective of someone with very little knowledge of brawl, which is not the case, so again, no it can't be.

And no its not.

And lol@take snake to battlefield. Again. :/

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
No it can't be. Or you have the perspective of someone with very little knowledge of brawl, which is not the case, so again, no it can't be.

And no its not.

And lol@take snake to battlefield. Again. :/
Where would you take him, O knowledgeable Falcon mainer?

Pass us lesser informed Falcons your answer.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
These boards don't think positive at all.

>_>

Falcon doesn't truly " **** " both wario & snake, but he fairs really well against them. It's the truth.

Zeallyx

Where would you take him, O knowledgeable Falcon mainer?

Pass us lesser informed Falcons your answer.
Smashville. Snake ***** on battlefield and on FD. Smashville takes away his 3 platform ****, (with just one platform it benefits falcon more, as with one platform his Utilt and platform+mine/C4 **** is less hard to get around) and it stops the total level control, which snake has on FD, due to this one platform, too.

I bet you guys take marth to battle field too >_>

These boards don't think positive at all.

>_>

Falcon doesn't truly " **** " both wario & snake, but he fairs really well against them. It's the truth.
I lol'd again. You guys are the best.

In all seriousness, wario and snake **** (yes, in capitals) Falcon. Big time.
If you don't know why, learn your matchups/gain some matchup experience so you actually know what you are talking about.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
oh hohoho

I DO know what I'm talking about.

I have played those matchups god knows how many times.

Against legit snakes/warios.

Please, enlighten me on how they "**** falcon big time".

Yes, they have alot of stuff on him, doesn't mean falcon doesn't have anything on them, sir. So go ahead, do tell.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Smashville. Snake ***** on battlefield and on FD. Smashville takes away his 3 platform ****, (with just one platform it benefits falcon more, as with one platform his Utilt and platform+mine/C4 **** is less hard to get around) and it stops the total level control, which snake has on FD, due to this one platform, too.

I bet you guys take marth to battle field too >_>
O_o

snakes best neutral is smashville, i would take snake to bf, because the stage is so small its easy to jump out and knee him while hes trying to c4 himself to recover high

oh hohoho

Yes, they have alot of stuff on him, doesn't mean falcon doesn't have anything on them, sir. So go ahead, do tell.
^

snake and wario are like... 60-40 or 65-35 to cf i would have to agree

and i honestly have no idea why wario isnt horrible
he just is

Player-3

Smash Hero
take him to rainbow cruise

its a great falcon stage you can **** turn on it

**** TURNING is a falcon AT

i released it to the public a long time ago but noone appreciated its genious

Zeallyx

oh hohoho

From now on I hate you for making me type obvious ****. You have no knowledge whatsoever about the topic in question, and the wario's and snakes you played were not legit.

That said.

:wario:

1. His bite destroys everything for us. Our follow ups, approaches (which we shouldnt do, but it would if we did) etc.
2. Wario's air game>our air game.
3. Wario's recovery>our recovery/Wario has a good recovery We can only kill a legit wario off of the side of the screen, of off of the top of the screen. (slightly dependant on the level, but not so much it is a valid point in this discussion for this peticular subject of said topic).
4. We have grab release shenanigans which are nullified by point 1 and 2, plus wario's aerial mobility make one grab a stock beeing lucky.
4.5. Shield grab doesnt work on a legit, well spacing wario.
5. Wario's fart (charged/fully charged) destroys you. (As you try to follow up/gimp him).
6. Gimping wario isnt as easy as most other characters due to point 3. Plus his earials beat yours, and EVEM when you have the upper hand (You won't have it though) he can bitecide you. He probably wont, as he can stop your gimping more easily anyway.
7. All these points combined, plus points seen as common knowledge, makes falcon have next to nothing on wario. As mindgames are not part of a matchup discussion, falcon's combo's on wario are minimal and wario can completely shut down falcon, makes the statement 'Wario ***** (Yes in capitals) falcon' very true.

**** you acedude I thought I was done typing **** everyone should know.

:snake:

1. Snake tilts alone can destroy falcon.
2. The fact snake can airdodge (like, duh) and has aerials with more range and priority as falcon (Bair for example) it is actually not easy to 'juggle' or 'follow up'/'string moves together' (or whatever phrase was used) (on) snake.
3. His specials give him the upper hand completely. He has so much potential with his specials, which is a part of his features that make him a great character, but versus a character that cannot safely approach him (Falcon) Snakes specials make snakes upper hand clear.
4. Falcons overal mobility doesnt help against a character that is always one step ahead of him. (In competitive play, which is what this discussion revolves around).
5. The only time falcon can take down snake consistently, is when he is on his cypher when IN falcon's reach. Wich, in turn, is a mistake on the snake players part most of the time, anyway.
6. Snake's C4 recovery, and even just his up b makes it hard to KO snake on the bottom of the screen, thus, just as with wario, leaving the side of the screen and the top of the screen for falcon to KO him. And as snake is one of the heaviest characters in the game, and falcons moves that do have the kill power to do the job just won't hit, due to snakes priority and speed of his tilts which can KO, plus his specials, and also, aerials, Falcon will have a hard time KOing snake, while snake does not have a hard time KOing falcon. At all.
7. Snake has so many legit moves, strats and techniques (Like a Dacus that *****, tilts that shut down falcon, etc.), that falcon, a character wich lacks potential in almost every department, simply gets ***** (yes, in capitals) by snake.

O_o

snakes best neutral is smashville, i would take snake to bf, because the stage is so small its easy to jump out and knee him while hes trying to c4 himself to recover high

^

snake and wario are like... 60-40 or 65-35 to cf i would have to agree

and i honestly have no idea why wario isnt horrible
he just is
Snake ***** more on battlefield than falcon does. And, in short: Snakes worst neutral>falcons best neutral.

Player-3

Smash Hero
imo i dont see why snake ***** falcon so bad on bf

i mean yeah i know about the c4 shenanigans on the platforms but lol your the 2nd fastest char on the ground, and fastest char OVERALL speed wise, stationary explosives shouldnt trouble you so much as long as your good at finding a way out when the snake is trying to push you back/trap you under a platform

plus snake gets ***** by falcon when hes offstage

yeah snake ***** falcon but its not like 70-30 or 80-20

Acedude55

Smash Ace
I'll get to you soon enough, Knee.

I suppose I'll list everything I know about the snake f-....wait a sec, I've done this before on some other boards somewhere.

Anyway, I'll type something up soon enough. I be too lazy to argue right now, really.

Zeallyx

imo i dont see why snake ***** falcon so bad on bf

i mean yeah i know about the c4 shenanigans on the platforms but lol your the 2nd fastest char on the ground, and fastest char OVERALL speed wise, stationary explosives shouldnt trouble you so much as long as your good at finding a way out when the snake is trying to push you back/trap you under a platform

plus snake gets ***** by falcon when hes offstage

yeah snake ***** falcon but its not like 70-30 or 80-20
Snake has so many strats and moves forcing you to take damage/get KO'd.
Snake is a character with a very versatile moveset, with, probably, the most potential in the game.

And, in fact,Falcon vs snake is 30-70 Snake, if not 25-75 Snake.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i disagree

60-40 or 65-45 sounds good to me imo

i do better agaisnt snakes with falcon than i do with marth

Zeallyx

i disagree

60-40 or 65-45 sounds good to me imo

i do better agaisnt snakes with falcon than i do with marth
Then that's proablaby more personal than anything else. Can be though.

But MK vs falcon = 80-20 MK
Snake vs falcon = 70-30 Snake (Though I'd say 75-25 Snake, as it will look more in detail when compared to other matchups.)
Wario vs falcon = 65-35 Wario.

Zeallyx

you cant compare matchups to other matchups

thats just stupid
.. That is the skeleton of the matchup chart.

And as long as one character is the same in both matchups it can easily be compared, as each character has a set moveset and (thus) potential.

Player-3

Smash Hero
......no

one char may have things that makes him bad agaisnt one top tier char but good agaisnt another

Top Bottom