• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah, try to falcon punch anyone that isn't ********, see how it goes.
ACing is the **** though.
AC Bair is so good I'm beginning to think it's Falcon's most practical move (Uair is still the best, but you're not gonna get people in the air all the time). It's like Peach's Fair except Falcon doesn't float.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah, try to falcon punch anyone that isn't ********, see how it goes.
ACing is the **** though.
AC Bair is so good I'm beginning to think it's Falcon's most practical move (Uair is still the best, but you're not gonna get people in the air all the time). It's like Peach's Fair except Falcon doesn't float.
Falcon punch isn't THAT bad. It's not like volcano kick or warlock punch at least

plus you can get some SUPER SWEET 540 punch action going for maximum confusion

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah but no matter the confusion, people who know how shield works wouldn't get hit by it.
The only real use I could find is when you're teaming with a character that has low KB throws or the likes.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Falcon Punch is sooo broken in doubles.

If you have even just a second of time in a 2v1 you can Falcon Punch the opponent out of a forced ground release.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I believe it's a true combo on Olimar. Not sure about anyone else, though. I find it decent as a pseudo if your opponent likes to jump from FH-Nair.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
It's my most used pseudo-combo and it's very reliable, if that helps.

But, most likely, you'd prefer FH Nair -> Jab -> Grab, since it's almost always a combo.

PZ

Smash Lord
+11 frame advantage for FH nair
Uair is 6 frames put with the jump frames 5=11
Nair is 7 put with jump frames 5=12

Airdodge doesnt give invincibility until 2 or 3.

=/ I see combo...:glare:

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Your advantage, I think. Other than that I don't know a lot much...

If you want hints against a Captain Falcon... Nair nair nair nair :p
LoL R.O.B.'s nair sucks, but do you have a ratio at least?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Amazing but slow, you'll only get hit by it if you're too aggro in the air. I fear his Bair and Fair more.
Dash attack is amazing against Rob.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Dash Attack can be amazing against EVERYONE if you don't overuse it, though. Also, it can sometimes combo into itself.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
by that he means itll die entirely.

Melee being sexy as hell will still live on, however

Yung Mei

i didnt even watch lol, he just asked if i could upload it, i was like, lolsure

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
What the **** is this?

This is pure **** and stop calling everything a glitch.
LMAO

Maybe I should have explained myself before it got uploaded.

I called everything a glitch to avoid re-naming this stuff. I recognize this stuff has been discovered at one point in time already.

My intention was to figure out how I was able jab lock after a raptor boost. I figured i would share some things along the way, 'cause I'm new to Falcon, and it doesn't hurt to remind everyone why things work (or do not work), right?

So, some things I wanted to point out with this rb trick is that:

This rb trick cancels the recoil that sends Falcon in the air, and makes him land on the ground immediately.

It can only be performed on the way down. It is impossible to perform this just after a short hop.

If you manage to catch an airborne opponent with this at early percentages, they fall to the ground in there tumble animation in kinda sit there in limbo for a few seconds.

The Falcon Dive trick is an old one, but the distance gained during the slide is something to be noted.

Was shield DI ever figured out? I think the shield dance could help with shield DI. If it doesn't, then add it to the list of flashy things to do after you've KO someone.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time.

Yung Mei

the ground lag can be imitated on angled slopes by (assuming my config where 2nd jump button is set to Special) Jump->Immediate Raptor Boost as a Fake Waveland type thing :D

I dont see any use to it tho :3

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah the only use for mock waveland on YI (except for being flashy) is to mix up your ledge recovery.

And for flashy things to do when you KO, try something that doesn't eat your shield.

Yung Mei

works on lylat, orpheon, rainbow cruise, castle seige, possibly pictochat and pokemon stadium on some transformations

use it mostly for ^ said tho

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I use RB -> Mock waveland in order to slide jab and cancel all my landing lag while doing so, heh. It catches people off-guard a lot.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I use RB -> Mock waveland in order to slide jab and cancel all my landing lag while doing so, heh. It catches people off-guard a lot.
I like to Mock Waveland > Grab. People normally tend to shield in reaction to the sound of an incoming Raptor Boost, only to find themselves in grasp. Really fun fake-out.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I usually do that too, but more like Jab -> Grab. That sounds pretty slick anyway, gotta do it sometimes :D

SURPRISE F-THROW, PSEUDO CG!

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
It's a widely used pseudo, to say the least. Don't think it's a guaranteed re-grab on anyone; I'm pretty sure they can punish you with a quick option.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I don't recall it being guaranteed on anyone. It's easy to frametrap opponents at lower percents, but the fastfallers can buffer a spotdodge or roll (such as Fox) and other characters can jump+air dodge. It's not a bad option to do at lower percents, but you should keep the matchup for each character in mind before trying it or you could get punished just as easily.

Top Bottom