• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Player-3

Smash Hero
Man, I was just getting in to the Falcon boards. Probably because n00bs like me are joining on the rise. Then people don't know how to limit harsh words. All our good players are leaving and only a few our left. Not me though I main Pikachu now, use Falcon as a secondary when he used to be my main.
Small question. Is anyone going to LasT Smash 3?
i would if i could lol

there arent many (if any) good falcon players

and im not one

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Dittos are pretty much all skill-based, although only the skill of dittos with a particular character :/
If you get yeszed on near the edge, remember to tech I guess. And people who don't normally use Falcon seem to Falcon Kick a lot, if that's the case with your opponent, it's pretty easy to bait and punish.

Winnar

Smash Lord
i would if i could lol

there arent many (if any) good falcon players

and im not one
I'm an amazing Falcon player.

Too bad I don't have my falcon combo video out yet or you would probably believe me.

Oh wait didn't I tell you guys I'm going to make the greatest falcon combo video in history?

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
I'm making one too, but i need alot more footage from a tourney i'm going to today. I'm going to main falcon for this tourney and use Pikachu when I need to win. I don't know about everyone else, but my play style depends on my mood. Anyone else with this problem?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Mood affects various things imo. If someone's frustrated at someone's game style, they will play sloppy because of frustration or take on an entirely new game plan. I remember playing my friend's snake head on, so what he did, was he began nade camping.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
I would think after get frustrated win or lose the guy wouldn't want to play another match. Thats how I am but thats because I lose to someone I know I can beat.
As falcon would you rather walk to the opponent, dash to the opponent hop to the opponent or air dodge?
What so special about the Martha boards? I always here stuff about them Like when the Pika hat person said something.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i dont get frustrated about brawl lol

unless im playing mk
who planks by jumping off and on the ledge

then i get a little D:<

and start FH reverse falcon punching offstage trying to stagespike him

Kishin

Smash Ace
I back flip. Back flipping is Falcon's most versatile ability imo.

I'm too chill to give a crap. I get frustrated at times but only for the truly ******** things like wi-fi delay but when that happens once I just don't play as relaxed as possible. If I lose then I don't care.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I back flip. Back flipping is Falcon's most versatile ability imo.

I'm too chill to give a crap. I get frustrated at times but only for the truly ******** things like wi-fi delay but when that happens once I just don't play as relaxed as possible. If I lose then I don't care.
back flipping is too good.

Well bye guys, im gonna go play melee now

-wavedashes away-

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I know mood reflects how I play basketball...so no reason why mood doesn't affect my brawl playing =D
I backflip ff nair all the time, it seems to work ok.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
To me, it seems like you can really mess with your opponent if you get off to a good start with Falcon, like I two stocked a Falco that I didn't think I'd beat on aib, and he got jumpy the last game and I reverse Falcon Punched his PKT2 as Lucas because he didn't have a reliable way to kill me.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
Hey guys I was just wondering if this technique has been discovered yet: When you jump in the air tilt back on the control stick and do your falcon punch (i think that's called a pivot right?) And immediately after smash the control stick in the opposite direction and do you 180 falcon punch. I think that could be used for mind gaming. I don't have good camera equipment so i can't show what it looks like.

If its already been discovered than ignore me, lol.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Hey guys I was just wondering if this technique has been discovered yet: When you jump in the air tilt back on the control stick and do your falcon punch (i think that's called a pivot right?) And immediately after smash the control stick in the opposite direction and do you 180 falcon punch. I think that could be used for mind gaming. I don't have good camera equipment so i can't show what it looks like.

If its already been discovered than ignore me, lol.
Already been discovered, but good job on finding it on your own. Also, it's awesome that you posted the question here first rather then making your own new thread.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
Already been discovered, but good job on finding it on your own. Also, it's awesome that you posted the question here first rather then making your own new thread.
Aww nuts. But you know what I'm talking about right? When Captain falcon jumps and you tilt backwards and do the falcon punch, you do it immediately behind you (not the 180 yet, you do that right after he starts the falcon punch behind him).

So whats that called? Double reverse falcon punch? (pretty much what it is)

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Well the thing with doing a falcon punch in the opposite direction you're facing by tapping the direction then B is called a b-reversal, it can be done with most (all?) special moves. Doing that, and holding the analog stick in the opposite direction right after the animation starts to turn the punch around is usually called the 360 falcon punch.

Winnar

Smash Lord
You can do a 540 Paunch but you have to RAR it first.

Also GUYS TODAY IS THE DAY AND I'M SO ANXIOUS I COULDN'T SLEEP >_<

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Sup.

When the platform takes off in Delfino Plaza, it is physically moving upwards from that place in the stage, so you can SH RB and the platform will move into you, causing you to mock wave-land.

Falcon has RCO lag.

Swoops said:
RCO Lag: Recovery Carryover Lag is the extra lag you get after sweetspotting the ledge with either your UpB or Gerudo. The lag is about 16 frames and activates whenever you land. Aerial wizkick into the ground will not get rid of it. The only way to get rid of it is to use it or land another aerial. Be wary when you have this because it will start to become more annoying the better you get.
Yeh, RB has less RCO lag than Falcon Dive, so re-grab the ledge with it afterwards.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Sup.

When the platform takes off in Delfino Plaza, it is physically moving upwards from that place in the stage, so you can SH RB and the platform will move into you, causing you to mock wave-land.

Falcon has RCO lag.

Yeh, RB has less RCO lag than Falcon Dive, so re-grab the ledge with it afterwards.
That's pretty intense, nice. But couldn't you just jump into the ledge and not have to deal with the phantom lag? I just autocancel aerials on my way back anyway though.

Winnar

Smash Lord
That's pretty intense, nice. But couldn't you just jump into the ledge and not have to deal with the phantom lag? I just autocancel aerials on my way back anyway though.
I just land with a u-air since the lag on that is only a handful of frames rather than the stupid five million frames of RCO lag. Or if they're going to hurt me I might use n-air or b-air depending on where they are.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Guys, guys, guyssssss

I have news :O

I think...I'm going to main Falcon from now on :O!!

I was pretty much maining Snake for tourneys just because I was good at him, but I like Falcon a lot more. I can get excited playing Falcon but with Snake it's like whatevz.

Plus I <3 low tiers and it doesn't get much lower than Falcon :D

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Guys, guys, guyssssss

I was pretty much maining Snake for tourneys just because I was good at him, but I like Falcon a lot more. I can get excited playing Falcon but with Snake it's like whatevz.

Well,
rock on till the break of dawn.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Hell yeah!

Plus now I feel like I'm good enough to rep Falcon like he should be repped.
i dont feel that way, and people are saying im good

ive been getting respect from Melee vets in GA and i dont think i deserve it

so good job, i guess, but have fun, because if i wanted to i could get all prissypants and use Marth every match and be a try hard, but i play falcon because hes fun and stuffz

rock on till the break of dawn is now the new falcon board slogan

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Guys, guys, guyssssss

and you flamed Partyhatpikachu for saying falcon is the worst character..

Anyhow, I'm back.
Not that you guys are glad about that, but w/e.

I'm still back.

Top Bottom