• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

SecretofMana

Smash Cadet
Nope, I have proven it by training in slow mode, I'm not trying to flame you or anything. Just helping you out! I have trouble with the knee too... But with distance and timing I could perform the zap, I remember doing it 4 times in a row in a tourney (on a kirby player, it was really fun :))
Yeah...I'm pretty sure eRonin was being sarcastic, man, sorry.
And the sweetspot, the zap I'm pretty sure you're referring to, is on the first frames of the knee. Shaking animation is towards the middle of it all, and hitting with it, as far as I can tell from going in Training and practicing, is simply a flubbed knee.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Oh yeah guys. I said why people don't care about the Falcon boards as much, not why there aren't as many mains. I come here and I don't main him but I am trying to decrease the issues on this board. And I think its working.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Oh yeah guys. I said why people don't care about the Falcon boards as much, not why there aren't as many mains. I come here and I don't main him but I am trying to decrease the issues on this board. And I think its working.
dude..
I care for the falcon boards along with the other regular users here.
as long as we keep maining falcon the falcon boards will live on

and well..there were some spam threads recently
but that's ok I guess, we can't stop the creation of spam threads completely

illinialex24

Smash Hero
dude..
I care for the falcon boards along with the other regular users here.
as long as we keep maining falcon the falcon boards will live on

and well..there were some spam threads recently
but that's ok I guess, we can't stop the creation of spam threads completely
I'm not saying people don't care. I'm saying why some people who use him don't come here on a continuous basis at all who could really help him out (like Rebaz, I think he would come here a lot more if we discussed better stuff). I am saying the boards would be a lot better if the spam cut down and I as well as many others would like these boards more. Around 10% spam livens the board and makes it fun. More deadens the board. Notice the difference between this and the Marth boards and notice where we should go, with fun and a lot of real discussion.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
And the sweetspot, the zap I'm pretty sure you're referring to, is on the first frames of the knee. Shaking animation is towards the middle of it all, and hitting with it, as far as I can tell from going in Training and practicing, is simply a flubbed knee.
Try 1/4 speed on training mode and see what you think. But I'll check if the zap is on the first few frames, because I go to do it slow motion and it zaps when the knee fully extends. I assume it's on the last few frames, I'll still check on the first frames just to justify things though.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
I do, I haven't been using him lately though. I like to use my secondary for competitive play as well.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
No, actually, I honestly thought that the Sweet Knee was the first few frames, not the last.
Sorry for any misunderstanding that has arisen.
I'll go to training mode and check it out.

ALSO...Well, I play Falcon competitively in that I play against a really good Ike and can hold my own against him. I've never been to a tournament aside from the one I organised myself, so I guess that doesn't count.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
just a quick question:

Who here uses Falcon competitively? (you only qualify if you go to OFFLINE tournaments)
I do. I use Falcon competitively on, and offline. While offline, you have many more options with Falcon that are MUCH EASIER to use, such as jab canceling, accuracy with the KoJ, and its much easier to connect attacks that WIFI and its horrid button lag do not allow. <.<

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Wi-fi only works properly within 10km of each other, and then it's still just easier to go over to the other guy's house.
Geebus.
By the way Ayaz, why do you ask? Are you worried that Captain Falcon will forever be on the bottom because not enough people care about him? Or are you looking for a foe who could potentially top your Falcon?

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
No, actually, I honestly thought that the Sweet Knee was the first few frames, not the last.
Sorry for any misunderstanding that has arisen.
I'll go to training mode and check it out.

ALSO...Well, I play Falcon competitively in that I play against a really good Ike and can hold my own against him. I've never been to a tournament aside from the one I organised myself, so I guess that doesn't count.
Koolies, your a modest person afterall :) and anyway it's all good, post here again straight away once you finish checking it out and tell me what you think. Cheers.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Wi-fi only works properly within 10km of each other, and then it's still just easier to go over to the other guy's house.
Geebus.
By the way Ayaz, why do you ask? Are you worried that Captain Falcon will forever be on the bottom because not enough people care about him? Or are you looking for a foe who could potentially top your Falcon?
I think he's looking at both! OR maybe :chuckle:...... he wants top Falcon players to match him up more than the low tier crisis, it could be anyone of us! *winks to eRonin*

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
lol, you know what's funny? Your right. I'm looking out for the top Falcon players.

Like talking to Rebaz about different techniques and approach options are a lot more .......... better than the boards. Just because we know what is likely to happen at a competitive level.

Pro strat: M2K is coming to OiN2.5 (couple of blocks from me :) ) and I might be housing him :O

Jocky

Smash Cadet
Okay, so I'm in training mode trying to practice the sweet knee timing with a level 9 cpu metaspam,
But when I pull out a raptor, I hit meta's shield, but I land without lag, yes I said without LAG!
Anyone care to explain?

Zeallyx

Okay, so I'm in training mode trying to practice the sweet knee timing with a level 9 cpu metaspam,
But when I pull out a raptor, I hit meta's shield, but I land without lag, yes I said without LAG!
Anyone care to explain?
try to recreate it, and if you succeed, make a vid and post it here :D
if you don't succeed, it may have been a rare occurance/glitch w/e, wich won't really help falcon improve

Jocky

Smash Cadet
try to recreate it, and if you succeed, make a vid and post it here :D
if you don't succeed, it may have been a rare occurance/glitch w/e, wich won't really help falcon improve
Well I'll try to get a replay of it but I don't exactly have the tools to make a video
And yes Ayaz, it was in the air, it's happened once before, i don't know why but I think it could have something to do with the face falcon's foot was barely touching the ground

Jocky

Smash Cadet
Well I've been able to pull off raptors that hit in midair and land on the ground
But not the lagless one, I wonder if it has something to do with hitting the shield

As long as I'm talking about this does anyone realize that the knee is able to be what's the right term, auto canceled? , from the edge?

Zeallyx

Well I'll try to get a replay of it but I don't exactly have the tools to make a video
And yes Rebaz, it was in the air, it's happened once before, i don't know why but I think it could have something to do with the face falcon's foot was barely touching the ground
@bolded:
lolwut 0.0

Jocky

Smash Cadet
Yeah I get Rebaz and Ayaz confused sometimes :/
Anyway TKONTK I think you're right about this being a rare occurrence
I couldn't replicate it

RebazTalei

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I get Rebaz and Ayaz confused sometimes :/
Anyway TKONTK I think you're right about this being a rare occurrence
I couldn't replicate it
(OFF TOPIC MESSAGE LOLSORRY)

i saw your name, at the one who posted last

OH NOEZ, ITS JOCKY, i dont get HOW you play online man, i really cant do that ****.
thats probaly why you ***** me, maybe you dont know it, i'm "Talei" lol xD

Ayaz18

Smash Champion

OH NOEZ, ITS JOCKY, i dont get HOW you play online man, i really cant do that ****.
agreed

Online is like a different game in itself

if Jocky plays online regularly then it's likely you would lose if you play offline regularly. eh w/e no johns :p

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Anyone want to try and play my Falcon...who lives in Sydney?
Would probably experience massive lag... but PM me if you're interested.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
If you're not high enough off the ground the Raptor Boost's swinging animation can cause you to land before you do the bounce. It's not a lagless landing though.

Jocky

Smash Cadet

Well online's not too difficult once you get used to the lag, especially super lag situations.
But wow, no I had no idea that I was even brawling the infamous Rebaz, I heard the name Talei somewhere before, couldn't place it, then when I hamblasted by "Lion" , something made me think even harder, and then about like 4 days later I said daaayyumm I got my cheeks handed to me by Lionman, leading me to a guess that I brawled someone who knew Lionman. :)
And no johns here Ayaz , besides the only thing you need against a super john is punching punishment :>
Man could of sworn it was lagless Wogrim but ah well I'm willing to admit my mistake,
and as long as we're asking questions here is it beneficial to clank falcons attacks with others and if so which moves are the quickest and best to clank with? and how do you refresh falcon's moves, something like every tenth attack refreshes a move?

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
Well online's not too difficult once you get used to the lag, especially super lag situations.
But wow, no I had no idea that I was even brawling the infamous Rebaz, I heard the name Talei somewhere before, couldn't place it, then when I hamblasted by "Lion" , something made me think even harder, and then about like 4 days later I said daaayyumm I got my cheeks handed to me by Lionman, leading me to a guess that I brawled someone who knew Lionman. :)
And no johns here Ayaz , besides the only thing you need against a super john is punching punishment :>
Man could of sworn it was lagless Wogrim but ah well I'm willing to admit my mistake,
and as long as we're asking questions here is it beneficial to clank falcons attacks with others and if so which moves are the quickest and best to clank with? and how do you refresh falcon's moves, something like every tenth attack refreshes a move?
if you play with major lag often it will mess up your offline skills

Zeallyx

Rebaz Talei
and champ (known as Charoo on swf) and ayaz
I'm not sure who is the best (from rebaz, champ and ayaz)
Champ stopped playing brawl if I recall correctly, so I think rebaz and ayaz are the best active falcons. Ayaz has had good placings in tournies and knows his matchups very well.
If Champ was still playing, I wouldn't be sure who the best falcon would be though.

Champ, ayaz and rebaz all have an amazing falcon

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I'm not saying you didnt' manage a lagless landing, I'm just telling you a situation I've had happen where the bounce doesn't occur. There was some post at some point like a week ago where someone said they did a Knee right after an aerial Raptor Boost on a shield, no bounce, so there may be some tiny chance or window of opportunity for something to happen.

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
This hurts me.
Someone boost my ego and add me up there: I've beaten Lain's DDD with my falcon.

But none of you guys are from the midwest so you won't even know who I am haha.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I placed 17th AGAIN at OiN4

100+ people, Falcon/ Sonic, too good, Almost beat Nick-cam (9th) he won 2-1 but his wario is wayyy too good. but I maniged to pull off the man-combo on him and J.L (3rd) grab release --> Knee, believe me guys it's sooo hard to get this combo, Wario has sooo much DI

But I inspired Ally to go Falcon in the Finals against Anther, AND HE WON

I should be the best for that :p

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209010 yeah the competition was pretty tight

EDIT: Canada>America :p..........but M2K didn't show up cause of the weather :(

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
Haha yeah I heard about that epic knee. I wish I could have been there but no money = no gas = no driving to Canada haha.

Top Bottom