• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha yeah those are my favorite, back in melee I would yell "TUAH!" and "SHOW ME YA MOVES" To mindgame my opponent in real life hahaha. I'll for sure be at the next Canadian tournament. I live in Michigan but it's still a looong-*** drive haha.

Then we can have epic falcon battles for sure!

strike42

Smash Journeyman
so do u guys have any tips on how to beat poke trainer and peach.

Roderick

Smash Apprentice
Question:
If you do an initial dash but stop pressing forward and then immediately do a SH aerial you do an aerial with the momentum of the initial dash... Was this known already?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Question:
If you do an initial dash but stop pressing forward and then immediately do a SH aerial you do an aerial with the momentum of the initial dash... Was this known already?
yes, this seems to be common knowledge. At least I knew it, and I think everyone does.
:)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
yes, this seems to be common knowledge. At least I knew it, and I think everyone does.
:)
Yeah, it is. The cool thing is when you press back right before jumping. You just tap the back button, jump and you are sliding in the direction you were inititally pressing, but backwards. You can then do a bair from a forward dash moving forward like this. This is called RARing, also fairly common knowledge.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Yeah, it is. The cool thing is when you press back right before jumping. You just tap the back button, jump and you are sliding in the direction you were inititally pressing, but backwards. You can then do a bair from a forward dash moving forward like this. This is called RARing, also fairly common knowledge.
Rar = Reverse aerial rush

Don't forget that :laugh:

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
What is the average percent that the knee can kill from the middle of the stage. PLus you haven't used it the whole match so it's still fresh.

Zeallyx

What is the average percent that the knee can kill from the middle of the stage. PLus you haven't used it the whole match so it's still fresh.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177470

incase you have trouble finding it, I just tested it for you on an opponent mario, the result:

it kills mario from the middle of final destination from 78% (without proper DI)
with proper DI it would be around 80-85%

Roderick

Smash Apprentice
If youre opponent is at the edge as far as he can go, and you are off the stage and you do a raptor boost as high as the edge(i think) you hit him but cancel the raptor boost by grabbing. Is this old?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So, I've been around asking before, but I'll ask again.

On the topic of counterpick stages, I have this info so far:

:falcon: Captain Falcon
Best: Battlefield, Distant Planet
Worst: Final Destination
I'm trying to get the top 3 for best and worst. Suggestions?

I read something about Jungle Japes...

illinialex24

Smash Hero

I would go bad Smashville as well, mainly because it doesn't give him nearly as many options with Uair. I have no idea about Japes, I use that for puffstuff.

Zeallyx

I'll try to anwser you question with my own knowledge:

best: battlefield, lylat cruise and pokemon stadium (melee)
-As platforms make it harder for opponents to camp you to death, and also benefit your Uair (Arial game overall actually) and Utilt game, these stages are the best for falcon imo.

worst: FD, smashville (as when the platform is not there, it's just like FD) and jungle japes

-FD and smashville: Because of the flat surface, opponents can easily camp you for damage, and force you to approach (wich isn't falcon's specialty)

-Jungle japes, Even though it may have a ridiculously high ceiling, captain falcon can be easily CG'd to death due to the water and can also get KO'd off the side. Jungle japes only saves you from attacks wich send you upward, and as far from all attacks who are a problem do that, I think the fact CGs really hurt here, outweighs the good thing(s) on this stage.

This is what I think. I could very well be wrong though. But I shouldn't be too far off..I hope:laugh:

Zeallyx

double post ftl, but:
Very Merry christmas everybody:)

/christmas spam

I apologize for the spam post, and normally I detest it, but it's for christmas sake:)

Ayaz18

Smash Champion

NORFAIR!!!!!!!!!! I swear this is Falcon's BEST stage, I can own MK's on this stage with the greatest of ease, the platforms give Falcon so much more options, and the lava allows for effective combos............plus it's fire, and Falcon uses fire so it obviously boosts his attack power :p

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
How does this look:

:falcon: Captain Falcon
Best: Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium 1, Norfair
Worst: Final Destination, Smashville, Jungle Japes
Does that seem correct? Though it seems wrong for me to list neutral stages as his supposed worst.

Zeallyx

Well those neutral stages don't have such usefull platforms. All of his best stages have those platforms. Platforms are a necessity:)
I think he means that listing neutrals as worst seems weird, as the word neutral implies there are worse stages.

Yes, that seems weird to me too, but still, the list you made, MenoUnderwater, seems correct to me..

Roager

Smash Ace
a player tier list? lol

Awesome.

But, uh, that link of yours, it doesnt work. It just goes to the link boards, not any one thread.

Roderick

Smash Apprentice
Yeah lolz,
we could do it by tourneys but that would mean wifi, and my wifi sucks big time.
Also videos could be an option, like showing your skillz and stuff... dunno

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
I mean we can take a vote or something. I doesn't really matter. videos are a good idea but some don't have videos. Like myself so I suggested a tourney. I don't know though we could just do it the link way.

Top Bottom