• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bokkusu

Smash Apprentice
1. l-cancelling is done automatically if you start an aerial after the fast fall
That was only for the demo. It's been taken out.

3. I never really touched Peach in melee and I've only used her about once in brawl so far so I doubt i could test what float cancelling is like in brawl even if I wanted to but I heard it's faster than in melee.

5. Everyone has a much better recovery so you have to work for your kill. You can't just stand at the edge and hit the c-stick to swing your big sword to get a kill anymore.

8. It's really hard to tell so far who are the stand out characters. Everyone seems to have potential.

monty06

Smash Ace
sheik is awesome in black and i like that her chain is also used for her recovery now. i found couple things in game my mate has a copy and i agree with ed it will be a competitive game

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Peach can still do all that FC gayness.

Watch Nes use her

DevMBC

Smash Ace
The game's gonna be completely different. I'll upload some notepads of me chatting to peeps about my first impressions.

sheik :
tilts don't have the stun that they did
slap nerfed
no needle cancelling
1 less needle to hold in the bank
up smash buffed i think - bigger sweetspot hitbox from what i can tell
uptilt first hit sucks opponent in to second as opposed to being standalong knockback

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
I've got a few questions.

1. Ive heard different things from different places but is there anyway to cancel the lag from aerials ? From what i've seen in vids it looks like they are not really l-cancelling. No shffling ?

2. What do you think the combo potential is like in this game ? Again i've not really seen any kind of decent combos in vids, maybe people are just scrubby but is there potential ?

3. No float cancel with peach, how does this affect her game ?

4. Is DI'ing hard like it was in 64 or is it as signiifcant as it is in melee ?

5. with everyone autosweetspotting i would imagine that it removes a lot of the recovery/edgeguard mindgames used in melee what is it like to recover edgeguard ?

6. The stages, what new stages are good for competitive play?

7. Have you found any chaingrabs ?

8. From your early impressions what characters strike you as being good, and which ones suck ?

I guess that's all for now, thanks.
Um, I've played Brawl a fair bit, so some answers - make what you want of them.

1. No L-canceling, only short-hop and fast fall are left of the shffl.

2. There's definately potential, just hard to say how much in comparison to melee as everyones scrubby.

3. She doesn't technically have 'float cancel', but her aerials have minimum lag and she can still use them whilst floating/falling barely off the ground repeatedly in quick succession. Lots of characters short-hops are reasonably high, so I'd say Peach can pull off say, nair to jab, the quickest in the game and will work in practically the same way.

5. Edgeguarding is now all about going off the stage to prevent recovery that way. This leads into air-dodge mindgames off the stage. There are exceptions, some characters which can't auto-sweetspot Up+B, those with only tether recovery can be edge-hogged. Instant edgehog is now very easy with every character, so if say Falco can only just make the edge, you can still use invincibility frames to edgehog him.

7. Dedede seems to have 1 of the only chaingrabs with his D-throw. It is an infinite against a wall (as is Fox's shine, and lots of characters jabs it seems!) But it relies completely on prediction to continue it past the first grab. Doesn't seem like there will be very many though. I have re-grabbed using Wario's D-throw, but that wasn't any DI used.

8. Its easier at this point to say who won't be good. Which is Bowser and Ganondorf. Lots of characters seem like they have lots of potential. Pit is definately ****, so is metaknight though he needs off-stage edgeguards for KOs. Marth is still as good as ever. Peach will be good. I'm using Lucas who seems like a better Ness in every way. I read GAWes' post on how amazing Luigi is. etc etc >_>

:)

monty06

Smash Ace
i been playings ics abit aswell i cant see any infinates atm but i have found a semi infinate with the final smash

Kone

Smash Master
Thought id posted my thoughts earlier but mustve ****ed up. Cant be bothered to repost. Basically every character has potential to be competitive. Its to early to even rule out bowser and ganon U_U. People need to take the opinion that this is a new game and play it as such. Not just compare it to melee. Dont be looking for technical ****, just learn to play it. Dont be ****ign bothered about findign infinites and chaingrabs etc. Not like infinites mattered in melee U_U. And why would people want to find chaingrabs????????????????

Sheik is still awesome, regardless of any 'nerfing' lol. Like fox, has potential, but if you compare him to his melee counterpart youll be disappointed. Their just diff chars now.

Me and wes will have vids up tonight. My lucas (main) vs wes Luigi (main).

Combo potential is there and its better than melee. Anyone that says otherwise never understood melee.

Peach is faster.

DI is there.

Edge guarding needs to be over the edge alot more. You can still edge hog certain chars and in certain situations. Infact, its now mroe complicated and intense.

Brawl rules.

Kone

Smash Master
For those being skeptical regarding brawl or annoying me by comparing it to much to melee read following two threads. One by hugs other by our wes.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=143089 (hugs)

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142507 (wes)

and finally two vids of me v wes. These were taken after a day of ply. Not three like wes points out :/ . Will have more matches up sunday.

Kone (Lucas) vs GAwes (Luigi) Match 1 Yoshis Story

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JgyY-Q5kUi0

Kone (Lucas) vs GAwes (Luigi) Match 2 Animal Crossing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VkeNXRyefK0

ed

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Thought id posted my thoughts earlier but mustve ****ed up. Cant be bothered to repost. Basically every character has potential to be competitive. Its to early to even rule out bowser and ganon U_U. People need to take the opinion that this is a new game and play it as such. Not just compare it to melee. Dont be looking for technical ****, just learn to play it. Dont be ****ign bothered about findign infinites and chaingrabs etc. Not like infinites mattered in melee U_U. And why would people want to find chaingrabs????????????????

Sheik is still awesome, regardless of any 'nerfing' lol. Like fox, has potential, but if you compare him to his melee counterpart youll be disappointed. Their just diff chars now.

Me and wes will have vids up tonight. My lucas (main) vs wes Luigi (main).

Combo potential is there and its better than melee. Anyone that says otherwise never understood melee.

Peach is faster.

DI is there.

Edge guarding needs to be over the edge alot more. You can still edge hog certain chars and in certain situations. Infact, its now mroe complicated and intense.

Brawl rules.
Ed, youre a legend. I agree completely with your thoughts on brawl, it's a new game IT'S NOT MELEE. People ought to just play it and enjoy it rather than worry about all this technical crap that was in melee. Ed, our biweeklies are starting up again soon and was wandering if you wanted to come over to one (and wes)? It'll be good to see you + play you and our biweeklies so far have all been pretty good.

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
sheik :
tilts don't have the stun that they did
slap nerfed
no needle cancelling
1 less needle to hold in the bank
up smash buffed i think - bigger sweetspot hitbox from what i can tell
uptilt first hit sucks opponent in to second as opposed to being standalong knockback
Finally, Shiek got nerfed? *does happy dance*

COEY

Smash Lord
Luigi still sounds like a **** yea. But he is fookin **** in brawl. Tho Mr Dot has the right idea tbh. After playing him toon link is a main right there. His down air is stupidly fast and spikes now at the bottom of the sword xD.

Kone

Smash Master
lol all characters are **** in brawl. Be weary of my lucas/jiggs combo. Old skool kone + jiggly action cant be stopped.

Also, going to run the first official UK brawl tournament (thatll have a decent turnout and be brawl only) 3rd or 4th weekend of may. I have an empty house as kates in spain and im moving out in june. So itll be empty ^_^. Hopefully by that point we will have enuff wii setups on the go. Between sdb we will have 4-6 (me,jam,dan,wes already have ours). Who else has brawl? lil craig/ box ?

ed

FrostByte

Smash Lord
I hope that's an ameriacan copy.

No Marth love?
No Pikachu love?
No Sonic love?
No Lucario love?
No Snake love?

Potential *pretierlistcough* mains tbh.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
lol all characters are **** in brawl. Be weary of my lucas/jiggs combo. Old skool kone + jiggly action cant be stopped.

Also, going to run the first official UK brawl tournament (thatll have a decent turnout and be brawl only) 3rd or 4th weekend of may. I have an empty house as kates in spain and im moving out in june. So itll be empty ^_^. Hopefully by that point we will have enuff wii setups on the go. Between sdb we will have 4-6 (me,jam,dan,wes already have ours). Who else has brawl? lil craig/ box ?

ed
Box has a copy Ed. Btw scared to even go on this thread cos of the spoilers :dizzy:

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Spoiler ( you can probably see it if you look close enough, so don't): You'd probably be even more scared when you get the game and find out who's not in it. :laugh:

Kone

Smash Master
Charles - dont get your wii chipped unless you can play 60hz. Otherwise theres no point. Also, check that the person can chip and play brawl first.

Yup, ill get brawl tourney thread up in a month or so. Brawl rocks!

Frost :

No Marth love.......................... marths still as good and will still be top of the game. New colours rock aswell ;)

No Pikachu love.................. pikachu is much better in this game. He will def be a competitive char imo.

No Sonic love.............. hmm. Sonic has a weird playstyle. Im not really comfortable with it nor have but much effort into sonic. Seems like he is like meta. Easy to rack up damage but hard to kill opponents.

No Lucario love...... much better than mewtwo. Def possibilities there to be awesome.

No Snake love..... slow as ****. However, with grenades/proxy mines/remote mine/rocket launcher hes got all he needs to be a trap character. Can be great.

Brawls awesome in that therse alot more speciality characters and that in genral each char is different. You cant pick up one char and play it like another ie melee style. Expect more ics/samus/peach type chars :)

ed

Kone

Smash Master
Toon link seems great. Def better than melee counterpart. Ill talk to wes and we will both try get a char impression list upf or u guys soon :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Ed i did a lotta research into it and it should work fine, and imma check with spkz or ant d or someone to see if its running properly =D the chip is all good, its stealth mode too

grayfox

Smash Champion
Lookin forward to this list, can't wait to hear about Ness. The day i seen he was in it was a happy one indeed, hope he doesn't just end up being a ****e Lucas

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
^ noob

Can't wait for the summer like, no work and no school means i SMASH YOU LONG TIME.

Any Northern UK tournaments or mebbe tournys near edinburgh happening in the summer holidays?

Edit: wow i look like such a douche in my sig picture from 2 years ago 0MGggG

J03

Smash Master
tier lists are **** when playing a new game. its a fresh start boyos. a chance to play whoever you want and not have to worry if there worse then another char or countered by another char because even if they are, your opponent wont have a clue lol.

wolf is awesome. even some combo potential. awesome f-smash, awesome bair, fair, uair and a nice meteor dair, up angled illusion which is ridiculous, fire-wolf (lol) much closer to foxs length then falcos. even has a shine lolol. pretty hefty lasers.

generally ridiculous character tbh

J03

Smash Master
Ed: im mad up for helping out on first impressions list.

played quite a bit of wolf, marth, falcon and some obv obv wario.

i think im obv the first person in the comity to play wolf GERRINNNN!!

VA

Smash Hero
^ noob

Can't wait for the summer like, no work and no school means i SMASH YOU LONG TIME.

Any Northern UK tournaments or mebbe tournys near edinburgh happening in the summer holidays?

Edit: wow i look like such a douche in my sig picture from 2 years ago 0MGggG
I <3 you for calling gsocks a noob. You win.

Kone

Smash Master
Joe - how about next time were both online we come up with a character impressions list? or if we cant, then send me what ut hink of characters youve had enuff time with to add to mine and wes impressions. Your views on wolf/marth will be greatly needed, as i know me and wes havent done much with them. Between me and wes weve put time into luigi/link/rob/lucas/pt/jiggly and a few others.

OR - when your up here end of feb me/u/wes/jam and dan can get a decent impressions list up.If we have a mini tourney thatll help greatly.

(will have 3 setups on the go. dans wii has been shipped ^_^)

Also, ness and lucas are seperate characters. Theyve both have their upa nd downsides and are imo competitive characters. Ness and lucas are as good as each other :). You cant play them the same.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
My mate is going to have Brawl by the end of the week so I'll be f*cking piping.

Melees still mint though,I hope not too many of you flake ALT to play Brawl >_>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom