• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Someday I hope a massive SSBM event is held somewhere like the NEC, Birmingham. That way everyone can go!

It would be hax.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Blizz man, you need to get yourself to Smash GT! Need to have some Kart matches with you after all this time (2 years? Haven't played since powerline died and metroid went big. NJ) Just tell them you got Smash syndrome and need the day off work or whatever.

craiigg

Smash Lord
woah, reading?! O____O
what uni is that? Reading Uni or TVU?

Metadude explain mang O:

and yus im heading from Reading to SmashGT in London on the 27th youre free to come with ^_^

J03

Smash Master
J03 and coey= bolton

B.B= preston

aiko and bullet bill and bigman= liverpool

smashie= stockport

kone and GAwes= newcastle

mafia and OAP= scotland

thats pretty much the north

DevMBC

Smash Ace

OH **** YEEEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DevMBC

Smash Ace
'stop skipping the Q' (ahahhahaha)

Q!!! Can we expect you back for brawl good sir?

Kone

Smash Master
Lol go jam. Ive done the same thing, just a tad hour before sir jam. Looking forward to brawling by end of feb.

Open invite end of feb to play brawl for all (dependant on if i like u).

ed

bokkusu

Smash Apprentice
Gooood stuff guys. I got an email today saying my copy has been shipped. You should both come to a Yakuza biweekly in Liverpool or Bolton (and bring Wes). If you brought your copies+wii as well then we'd have at least 3 Brawl setups.

I assume you guys already know you need a power converter for your JPN Wii but if you don't already have one then I'd probably recommend adding this to your order. http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b5-49-en-15-30w-70-eur.html
That's the one I have anyway. It only supports up to 30W but the Wii only uses about 20W max (unlike the PS3 and 360 which use about 190W!).

DevMBC

Smash Ace
Sirlin doesn't cover the ancient art of dropping $400 to win, i might offer to write the chapter lol

uhm, shoutouts for chj
iZai: hellaa good times
frost: mad as ever :o you ****ed me up with a couple of mad combos in teams, it felt good
charles: ,wtf?
GAwes: when i'm rich you an jess are gonna be my head chefs an i'll pay you so well we can jus eat tex mex and watch back to the future for the rest of our lives
aiko: awesome tourny man, ran like a pro, and too good at smash
j03: yeah man, it's gravy
will: ^
phil: ^
robby: thanks for being so cool bout the win my good sir. i got f'd in the a O_O VanityHugS

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Eh I thought I'd post in here in the hope someone could tell me where any of these Tournaments actually are XD I've never been to one personally but it would be interesting to know though it's very likely I'd get my *** kicked since I've only ever played with a grand total of 8 different people. >>

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
Eh I thought I'd post in here in the hope someone could tell me where any of these Tournaments actually are XD I've never been to one personally but it would be interesting to know though it's very likely I'd get my *** kicked since I've only ever played with a grand total of 8 different people. >>
thats alright, theres some of us that go along just for fun with no chance of winning lol. I think london is the closest place to you with regular (bi-weekly?) stuff goin on

Kone

Smash Master
Brawl impressions!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and wes played brawl all last night and going to get into it again all today. Ignore anyone that says this game is slow. Brawl is amazing and it will be competitive. If anyones got any questions re:brawl direct them my way ^_^

Picty!!! awesome to see you back. Im having jam and scott over last weekend of feb to play brawl. Will have 3 copies on the go. If you can get yourself to newcastle your welcome to join is. You'll be happy to know pika is awesome!

ed x

Mr P

Smash Ace
I've got a few questions.

1. Ive heard different things from different places but is there anyway to cancel the lag from aerials ? From what i've seen in vids it looks like they are not really l-cancelling. No shffling ?

2. What do you think the combo potential is like in this game ? Again i've not really seen any kind of decent combos in vids, maybe people are just scrubby but is there potential ?

3. No float cancel with peach, how does this affect her game ?

4. Is DI'ing hard like it was in 64 or is it as signiifcant as it is in melee ?

5. with everyone autosweetspotting i would imagine that it removes a lot of the recovery/edgeguard mindgames used in melee what is it like to recover edgeguard ?

6. The stages, what new stages are good for competitive play?

7. Have you found any chaingrabs ?

8. From your early impressions what characters strike you as being good, and which ones suck ?

I guess that's all for now, thanks.

pictish freak

Smash Ace
Cheers Ed. I'll show up for 100% sure if I have the cash, but at the mo' that's a bit unlikely. I'll see what I can do, but when I get some stuff sorted I'll be making UK stuff reliably.

Good to hear Pika's improved, I've only seen a few vids and not really from any good players, so all I got to see was that Pika lost about a bajillion frames of lag on stuff, lost tail spike, and quick attack is smooth.

J03

Smash Master
mr.P: ive been caining gameplay vids.

1. l-cancelling is done automatically if you start an aerial after the fast fall

2. ive seen some sick *** comboes but tbh its prolly horrendous DI

3. no idea

4. sakurai did mention that affecting your angle and distance of projection is an exiciting thing that he wanted to keep. no mention of the term of DI but that sounded like he was talking about DI.

5. from what ive seen edgeguarding is more difficult if you use the lazy 'stand at the edge and try to hit them' i seems that going off the stage to intercept your opponent as they try to recover is more effective.

6. theres lots of very playable stages.

7. chaingrabs have been found thats for sure. i imagine many more will be found in time.

8. i think its too early to make any kind of tier list. but k.dedede, metaknight and pit seem to be very good . i think the fact that the game is more floaty in some ways (mainly recovering) the amount of jumps they have give them an advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom