• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
This topic was created as I didn't want them dutch *shakes fist* thinking their better than us and are the only ones who could have their own topic.

In here we can discuss anything related to the british smash scene, all 13 or so of us :laugh: .

Id also like to inform everyone that I shall be hosting a tournament sometime this winter. Id prefer to host in September but date is pretty much open to you guys. It be benefitial to myself if people posted the general school holidays in ie scotland or when they defiently aren't free etc. Or generally all agree over a certain month. Id just like to start getting a venue sorted (theres three places that I need to check out).

So yeah ^_^

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hah! At least the Dutch have their own language for our thread! We can read yours but you can't read ours! That said, I'll come to Kone's tournament if at all possible, so that gives me some right to be posting here.

Jazzy Geoff

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, sounds good Kone, September is all good, I'm wondering how many people have school starting though. All you crazy kids starting in September XD

Kone

Smash Master
Exactly why I NEED people to respond and tell me what month is preferable abd when they have holidays etc. I don't go to school etc and housing will be in my flat so it really doesn't matter to me :) . But id like to get a decent idea of when it will be to look at venues!

Jazzy: Where do you live?

Jazzy Geoff

Smash Apprentice
I live in Egham, which is about 40 minutes train ride south west of London.

I'm on holiday in July and Uni starts again in October, but pretty much any time between that is fine by me ^_^

grayfox

Smash Champion
Summer hols end on the 17.8.05 in Scotland if its like last year but personally i don't mind taking afew days off school for a tourney.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I liked the idea of a Christmas tourney. Maybe it was JD that I discussed this with. I mean, how many people celebrate traditional Christmas holidays together nowadays? And I just find that boring. I say swipe the gifts, take the money and fly off to a tourney.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Silly new tournament room layout.. I hadn't even checked this.

Good stuff, britain need another tournament.

Date wise.. anytime is good for me aslong as I get some notice. :lick:

Hollowpoint

Smash Rookie
Sounds very interesting, though I could only come if it was very very early september, college starts on the 6th or so I believe.

Would be interesting to see the UK smash community.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
It just shows that I'm in teh MBR.. go to group memberships in your userCP... you can do it too! Green for Broom.

Kone

Smash Master
Im thinking that ill host the tournament on some british holiday. Therefore as many people can come as possible. It'll be either in the Xmas holidays or the other one in in mid winter. People have to tell me when that is. Half-term break ?!?!

Plus it'll give foreigners more time to get sorted if they want to come.

Kone

Smash Master
Currently the date for the tournament is looking to be the weekend of the 8th-10th of December. If people can confirm they would be available for this date that would be excellent. If not I will postpone it till the following weekend.

Im not a big fan of pool and never have been. Hence im most likely going to run the tournament swiss system style. It'll make a refreshing change to the normal tournament layout aswell ^^

Other than that I was wondering how many people would be interested in paintballing the day after the tournament. If we could get quite a number of us together then we would be able to rent out a field to ourselves and it would be cheaper between many of us. It would also bring a change to the normal tournament scene.

Anyone interested?

K

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Man, I should be able to come. Flights are a bit problematic though, I don't think there is a direct flight to anywhere near you. What will happen with me if I fly to London? Also, there are no Finnair flights to Scotland.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chances are I'll be in australia around then. I might be back for christmas but I'll definitely be in Oz on the 3rd of december. The weekend after would be better for me.

Kone

Smash Master
Q: Why are you going to oz? is it to see family or because of a oz tournament. If its the latter is it actually serious you will be going? i don't want to put the date back just because you might be. I don't mind putting the date back for people but doug's tourney near christmas nosedived cos people said they couldn't come because it was near christmas. I don't want that happening if im hosting -_-'.

Wmk: If you go to london it means your 8 hours south of the tournament ;) lol.

For everyone, flight info:

Newcastle has a reasonably large international airport. Attempt to find flights there first. If you can't or they look to expensive then im not surprised. Your best bet is to look to fly to london stansted and then get a flight from stansted -> newcastle with easyjet. If you book this in advance the flight with be very very cheap.

There is also another airport called 'Durham Tees Valley'. You maybe very lucky and find cheap flights to its airport. Also, if you can't fly into stansted and fly into the other two large london airports : heathrow/gatwick then you can get very cheap flights from both locations with bmibaby airlines to durham tees valley where I would pick you up.

For the Dutch: I think your best bet would be to fly amsterdam - Durham tees Valley with KLM. Thats if you want a direct flight. If not connect through stansted, ryanir from amsterdam and then easyjet to newcastle.

Regarding paintballing. Ill have to work out what is the best date to do it. Id expect going day after tournament would be. Hence if you don't come paintballing then you'd be expected to leave that day. Paintballing space maybe limited.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ed, it's for both. I'll be able to give you the times I'm flying there/back in a month or so. I wouldn't worry about anything just yet. Seems like there's a lot to finalise before we get a date anyway.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Of course I'll be there. I've already discussed a winter BBQ (I'll bring those Swedish steaks you all loved!)! I've never played paintball, but it should be fun. As long as you get to borrow clothes because I don't want my clothes to get stained with paint.

Also, if I'm camouflaged, it'll be much harder to see me coming to hug you! (I'm good at sneaking.)

fantasm

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to come along to this with the mafia and paintballing sounds awesome as well.

Kone

Smash Master
I doubt the tournament will be moved forward. It will be either the first or second weekend of December. It is looking to be more the 16th weekend than the 10th. This date should be within everybody's holidays or at least near enough.

I will get an estimate for paintballing soon. If theres a group of us it should be cheaper in a party than seperate. The only issue is transport but I know I can get 4 cars together so It should be alright. For yunas sake you get given uniforms to wear aswell as a mask. Only thing id say is to make sure your wearing shoes that you don't mind getting dirty. Oh and theres no chance you'll be hugging anyone. Take a paintball close range and you will be crying -_-'.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Helios: School is slow in december anyway if you're finished with everything you're supposed to have finished. Also, it's over a weekend. Sure you can't just take a leave of absense for the day before and the day after?

And I doubt Kone's uni have any vacations at the same time as the Gothenburgian November Vacations anyway >_>'.

Kone

Smash Master
From manchester you would have to get a 3 hour train to newcastle. As i say it should be very easy to fly into one of the three large london airports and connect to either newcastle international or durham tees valley without being too much money ^^. Where would you be flying from I will have a look at your options for you?

Kone

Smash Master
Early Dec doesn't look like it would work for a couple of people. I was wondering how early january would work? in my own experience I never started back to school till around the 8th. I could easily fit the tournaent in after new year. Any thoughts on this? or would it be too close to new year/ too close to back to school?

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
School really isn't an issue for me, I just have to organise everything around travel/work. Jan sounds good though.

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah I realise school isn't an issue for yourself Q ^_^ however early Dec for you and helios is due to you guys possibly going to australia. Id prefer to slightly change the date than lose two good guys.

In anycase the date really doesn't affect me. Ill have a flat and be working fulltime. I just need a date to book venue and book time of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom