• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
First you didn't want your tourney and RoofSM to be held too close to each other and now you want to hold them on the same month? Maybe even the same week? >_>' How about we have yours in, I don't know, february or Spring Break? I guess I could have mine in february or during Spring Break, but it's more convenient for your tourney to be scheduled then since yours "only" has 2 tourney days whilst mine has 4 >_>'.

Also, Oro coming would pose problems if I held mine on the wrong dates. >_>' And the Swedish turnout in general will be hurt due to differences in when we celebrate Easter and have February vacations.

MrSilver could throw in DT11 sometime during the fall, then we have mine in January and yours during Spring Break. Now that sounds like a good plan to me :p

Kone

Smash Master
Firstly howays yuna. Id posted that about 8 hours before you posted your new date. Hence I know im now confined to having it early december. Early january was my fallback date if I couldn't make december dates work.

Quite simply no. Ive had late winter penned in for a while now and just because you've popped up pushing your agenda like normal doesn't mean ill move my date. You should really have respected common courtesy and let a earlier dated tournament build up before posting yours.

Whats wrong with pushing YOUR date back? all your doing here is *potentially* damaging the turnout for both tournaments. You've not got much to lose by pushing your date back.

Why would mine work spring or easter? I can give the same reasons as you.That scottish and english schools don't break at the same time.

For everybody's information : the tournament will most likely be the december 17th weekend. My only other option is to look at november. For that to happen I REALLY NEED THE BRITISH to tell me when they are on half term. My fallback date would've been early january if december was no good for people >_>.

IMO four days would be tedious. Id also like to restate the point I made last night. The actual tournament would be set over two days. By that I mean the days in which ill have the venue rented. Which would be longer than any other british tournament!!.There'd be a third day for paintballing. On top of that as I had said to you me and stu will have a flat by Sept 1st. Therefore people will be welcome to come stay with us earlier before the tournament and after it.

It would be useful if people could post when their school ends for xmas hols. PLEASE ^^

K

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yuna: Ed's tourney has been in the pipes a lot longer than yours. I suggest waiting till Ed gets a date sorted.. then fixing your own AFTER.

Edit: Yeah.. I'll be making eds no matter what. I'd like to make both, but if it isn't possible, I'm going to the local one rather than one further afield.

pictish freak

Smash Ace
Well, I'll definately be making Kone's tourney, but Yuna, if yours is too early next year I can't because of... y'know.. pengz. So yeah, I think these tournaments are already dangerously close even with early dec and early jan dates. We haven't got a spring/easter tourney planned yet, so why the rush to try and squeeze in before then? v.v

Kone

Smash Master
Ive got two other points to make. Seperate from my tournament ^^.

1. British smashfests. I think we need to start getting something organised more frequently. Understandably this is pretty tough to do.Anyone got any suggestions? Id like to add that me and stu should have a flat from sept 1st onwards. You guys are more than welcome to pop down for the weekend anytime :chuckle: .

2. Theres a good chance that I maybe down south for a couple of months soon. I may attempt to host a gathering in cambridge if anyone is interested. This is thrown out to any random southern players who may read this >_>. Contact me on msn, its in my profile ^^.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd come to Kone's tourney. However, I might be in New York, Australia or both at least part of December, so I'm not sure I'll be able to make it.

Kone

Smash Master
Silver: if you could give me the dates your away that would help me set a date. Oh, and why are you in new york? is it for a tourney?

Helios: Tis no good just saying that! If I had the dates of the british half term holidays then november could be a possibility.

Kone

Smash Master
What do you mean get a move on? ive spoken to people about two possible venues. Ive scowered local high streets for tv rental places. IAM personally all set to go with this. Except yuna ****ed it up. Im now restricted date wise and he went and decided on early jan. Which isnt going to help turnout.

I could have this sorted by the end of the week except i aint going to put a deposit down on a venue if i aint going to get a decent tournout >_>'.

And november sucks, so its a no go. Nobody has breaks then.

K

fantasm

Smash Apprentice
I would prefer the tourny earlier than December. I dont mind taking time of school for it. (altough others may not want to take time of for it)

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's easier for me to get a few days off of school in November, that's for sure.
December = travelling month = more expensive tickets :p

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
December = travelling month = loads of people booking flights and sticking to them.. to see family around the holidays = harder for Helios to get free/reduced price tickets.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just to correct you about November: Loads of people have vacations in November. However, early December... do any people have school breaks at the beginning of December besides the Brits? >_>'

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm certainlynot free for this in early december >_>

Anyway, if Kone is holding this in November, when would Yuna's tournament take place?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
January. I think you've misunderstood things here as I've never even considered November to be a possibility.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, too bad. It's not like you'd need half a year to prepare everything.
You could very well be holding this tournament by September/October without any problems, I assure you. (peoples' holidays not taken into consideration)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's the thing. I wanted a date where we would have optimal turnout. Now we'll have optimal turnout from Swedes, foreigners and even Oro alike.

I mean, those who prioritize trips to Thailand or something for the Christmas holidays obviously aren't that serious about their Smashing.

Happosai

Smash Journeyman
hmm, as far as i know a lot of dutch smashers dont have school anymore and have to work etc, so it is easier for those to take a few vacation days.

i, adn the othere dutchies that still have school, will have a holiday around christmas and one somewhere in autumn, but all the holidays are differnet dates in the Netherlands except for the one during christmas i think

anyway, if my grades are good ill make it to this tournament, i hope :D

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I meant more like if their parents were to suddenly announce the trip tomorrow or next month or something... that's why I threw out the info here so early, so that people would know there's a big one coming and that they better not book something up around the 4th-8th (which seems to be the best date right now).-

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Or "Something Something Something - Steal Ryan's Pengz III". Then I'd rename mine to RoofSM - EP1 - The F-tilt Menace/Steal Ryan's Pengz IV.

Thomaz

Smash Lord
Hm, I would like to attend this tournament. Last tournament in Scotland was fun, yes, so let's do that again. ^___^

*really starts saving money now* xD

Kone

Smash Master
The tournament *should* be held the first weekend of November. Although this is outside of holiday dates it will be held over a weekend so people should still be able to make it. Even if I had held it in december I still would not have been able to use dates within peoples' school holidays as it would hav ebeen too close to xmas/new year/yunas tournament.

Full details and a thread assigned to the tournament will be up by the end of the week. With rule set, venue info, paintball and how to get to newcastle.

K

grayfox

Smash Champion
We need some awesome other stuff too. Lets have ssb tourney = O and all the other 1337 stuff like mario party and all that that comes into it when you get sick of smash non stop... un

Kone

Smash Master
Tournament details are obviously in my tournament thread >_>' . Hopefully paintballing is a good alternative though >_> . We can always chuck in some ssb and mario tennis etc

The Dark Lord Ganondorf

Smash Apprentice
Bristol owns you!!!!!!!!!
*ahem*

Erm Im from Bristol UK. I havent really seen any smash tourneys in the UK so this board was an awakening for me. If nintendo had made ssbm online compatible they would have made an absolute fortune. It would also make playing intercontinental opponents a lot easier... The potential is enormous, especially a game with as many followers as ssbm. Ah well, some things werent meant to be. The sequel better have online compatibility and it better be free as well. It would be great is the sequel was a launch game for Revolution as well, that would help shift a heap of units.

Anyway, I read about the tournament in london, but because of school/transport I wont be able to attend. Its a shame because I used to live in london.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Tourneys>internet play

Smash doesn't make the top 5 usually in my good memories and **** from tourneys, wouldn't be nearly as fun if you just sat home and played random people that you dont know at all.

EDIT: O_o 777'd

Kone

Smash Master
Dark: People make tournament throughout the UK. Furthermore there are large european tournaments. Players from the UK,Sweden,France,Holland and various other countries all travel to the large european tournaments .

Theres no need to talk about online play. Its happening right now. Plus, going to tournaments will always beat online play.

You should try make my tournament in newcastle in november. Be a nice good sized UK turnout.Although if you could possibly make london ie train it would be better for you as thats a smaller tournament iwht lots of new players etc

:)

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
ivootjes(nr18) said:
Ha, the dutch thread has one post more than the brittish, beat that! :laugh:
It's even again.

Edit: to make this post less of a waste of space:

pictie/quickish need to come round and smash sometime this week (Not thursday).
Jam needs to be online more (he hasn't been on WoW for 3 days!)
Ed/Euan need to kiss and make up
Abom needs a new trick.
Scott needs some new anti-fox tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom