• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
Amea - When we tried to play i lagged ****loads, sorry man. Looks like my nets to slow :/. WIll try again 2moro tho.

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
Kone, try me, my internet is blistering fast and likely won't cause lag problems. If not, its just brawl. We've all had laggy games. Her, me too.

Ah, my code. Add me. Anyone. I'll add you back. I'm really good with pitt. o.o Madly.

Amea

Smash Cadet
Added you Bokkusu, hopefully we can see if we can Brawl tomorrow some time.

@Kone - Yeah the lag was hurting my movement and play, hopefully it will get better soon. lol at the lag though, i really hate it. First match was as decent as i've played, what's wierd though is the matches we had i recorded through my PC and tthe speed is all there, we just look ******** while playing, any normal person would think we were S#!T lol but the playback looks completely fine, it's just the realtime that gets destroyed.

Amea

Smash Cadet
Kone, try me, my internet is blistering fast and likely won't cause lag problems. If not, its just brawl. We've all had laggy games. Her, me too.

Ah, my code. Add me. Anyone. I'll add you back. I'm really good with pitt. o.o Madly.
Lol when i played V3x? and his pit i beat it with my olimar, in his defense his dark fox beat my main D3, but the matches were horrible beacuse of the horrendous lag, so they weren't even proper matches but i'm excited for the prospect of good lag-less matches to come. :chuckle:

THeFLash

Smash Rookie
Also does anyone know any smashers in Hatfield or St. Albans coz i moved from the london scene recently n theres no real tournaments or many smashers out here n to get bac 2 london is a mission and b4 any1 says you should travel i do every now and again, but now im kinda broke. if there are any tell them to contact me and i might c if i can get a weekly thing going, but i'm gonna have 2 check wit my parents coz its there house.
Im from Hertford and me and a couple of mates often have small fests and such, STA is only a short bus ride away and we would be well up for pretty much anything.

set up some sort of small hertfordshire scene maybe?

Kone

Smash Master
Ok, ill try get online later. Ill leave my msn on so hit me up if you want to play. Hopefully it wont lag, if it does again ill look into improving my connection but 2mps should be enuff :/

x

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
sooo, lemmie get this straight: Is it that you cant l- cancel in brawl, or that it happens automatically? Cos theres quite a significant difference in that. Every ariel move being laggy would suck horribly

Aiko

Smash Champion
there is no L-cancel. different aerials have different lags. its not as horrible as you think. but its still different. just give it a go, it grows on you.

Kone

Smash Master
Looks like online ladder league wont happen anytime soon, ive not had a lagless game yet and havent heard anyone having a match where both parties havent lagged.

Amea

Smash Cadet
YES i agree with Kone too, i do wish that some time soon i can have a match via WI-FI that is seamless because the 4 Brawlers i've played thus far...i really would like to kill...properly lol without lag, anyways i hope by the time the game comes to our shores, the servers will be better.

Ps. everyone i've played online is decent and i'm aching to play you all again :D

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I'll add mine later, my wii keeps randomly disconnecting the internet, I may have to hunt out my old wifi dongle. Which atm I have no idea where it is, it could be anywhere. [I think my router is overloading because of 3 pcs and a wii using it.]

I'll add you all when I get it working.

Aiko

Smash Champion
although i did play with box earlier. he said it was the least laggiest match hes played online, and it didnt really impress me :/

Kone

Smash Master
Probably cos you guys are close by. Ive never had a game that was anywhere near lagless. I dont think its ever going to happen, even when Pal is out.

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
Small Idea: NTSC copies of Brawl will search for NTSC servers when playing online. Being in a PAL region we won't have any.

Good idea or stupidity?
thats what a few of us thought, but according to aiko once youre in a game, you connect directly to whom youre playing with, so in other words, it wont get any better without moving coser to where they live. But that might be totally wrong :/

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Small Idea: NTSC copies of Brawl will search for NTSC servers when playing online. Being in a PAL region we won't have any.

Good idea or stupidity?
Afaik (as this is how most online games of its type work, such as halo), one person will host the game and the rest will work off that connection - there are no remote "hosts" once you get past the match making service.

Kone

Smash Master
Im an idiot dude, does that mean that if im using my *** wii online, after ive made the match, it just comes down to our connections? or the host connections? and that the servers no longer matteR?

You and pict better come to my brawl tourney in may!

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, the only connections involved during gameplay will be those of the people actually playing. Servers are just used as a central meeting spot to find other people before running off and setting up the game between combatants.

I could be wrong, but nintendo really would've had to have pulled out all the stops for anything else and I think a bigger fuss would've been made if it had.

pict's already been talking about nothing but brawl, so I expect he'll drag me along if nobody else will. :p

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Erm, I'm guessing this is the melee thread then. . .

?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
jus joined the forums, from uk myself, grtr manchester :D so im up for meetin fellow uk players for games n just general chats nthat :)
I think it would be better if you were to talk to them in the 'Northwest UK' thread as thats where they are mostly and where they talk about where to meet for smashfests etc.

VA

Smash Hero
Anyone from Cornwall, Devon or Somerset here? I could really use some nearby players.
I live in Totnes, which is one stop from Plymouth on the train. I only really play melee though...Currently I'm in Vancouver Canada, I'll be back on 14th to Totnes. Add me on msn if you want to come play some time: leevschloe@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom