• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
Code:
Jump/Grav Values [29 Lines]
065A9200 000000DC
008664A0 0114F440
026A64A0 0305C460
046764A0 0534E440
066844D0 07666480
0824C460 09258A80
0A6664A0 0B34F440
0C3664A0 0D34C460
0E666480 0F6664A0
116865A0 1234C460
133844D0 1444ED40
1534C460 1634E440
17666480 184664A0
196664A0 1A6664A0
1B3664A0 1D64C460
1E666640 1F34F440
2034F440 213664A0
226B64A0 236664A0
2534E440 2934C440
2C5747A0 2E6C6490
2F24DD40 3F4CCCCD
3F59999A 3F666666
3F733333 3F800000
3F833333 3F866666
3F89999A 3F8CCCCD
3F900000 3F933333
3F966666 3F99999A
3FA00000 3FA66666
3FB33333 00000000
This will only affect falcon. I'm going to bed though, but let me know if that makes him feel less like iron boots and still pretty baller.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Thing is, the most often thing I hear about all this. Is that her SH misses characters everytime.

Nothing about ANY other part of her game. Giza and I at least think she plays great as she is because she is combo heavy and pursuit happy, which her SH compliments.

Her high SH aerials help to counter attack other air hits and her good air control keeps her out of sheild grab range. She has lots of options and I personally think a lower SH will destroy the character. Its not just about double uair, its about her pursuit and combo game mostly.
A lower SH wouldn't destroy her ability to counter other aerial attacks and she would gain the ability to attack grounded opponents.

maticMan94

Smash Cadet
Everyone wants a better buffer, but we cant fix it beyond 1 right now :(

Samus SH isnt too bad if you fastfall. She has the fastest FF right now with DDD, DK, Bowser, and Ivysaur.
Woops! I thought the buffer code was fixed...my bad:)

I agree this Samus isn't bad. I guess I just got use to that shorter hop.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Falcon feels great with that change Shanus. His off-the-stage game is still strong, he can fast fall knees, and all while feeling like a fast faller. If it's possible use him as a point to judge the other fast fallers by. (Fox, Falco, etc)

kupo15

Smash Hero
Falcon feels great with that change Shanus. His off-the-stage game is still strong, he can fast fall knees, and all while feeling like a fast faller. If it's possible use him as a point to judge the other fast fallers by. (Fox, Falco, etc)
Why do we want falcon to feel like a fast faller?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I've always felt it fit his combo style and character. The king of speed (until Sonic) should be able to run, jump, and fall quickly to chase people. It also help suit his unpredictable nature and gives a character with a poor approach mindgame opportunities.

I hate to answer a question with a question, but why shouldn't he feel like a fast faller?

Osi

Smash Ace
I'd strongly advise trying shanus's falcon as it is amazingly fun. The SH add a lot more speed to his SHFFL game, and the iron boots when off stage isn't as bad.

I messed with 3 others a little.

Samus- 0305C660
Added a little down gravity to make her faster in SHFF and she still keeps the floaty feeling.

Fox- 067844D0
I added just a tiny bit to fox's SH height. He felt amazing otherwise so I left the rest alone. With this little addition you can fair/bair/dair people on platforms without much issue, and with frame perfect timing you can nair them.

Falco- 133944D0
I just added more full hop, so he can survive a bit more off stage, and the full hop is less nerfed

kupo15

Smash Hero
'Cause it's cooler that way. Falcon is a fast character. That means he has to be able to move fast in all directions.
I picture falcon as more floaty with a high FF to get to the ground. But I don't know why we are being this specific with the characters. They were pretty good a drastic change is not needed imo

Skrlx

Smash Champion
here's a thought.. pick up melee
or better yet ssb64

there's not an amount of code that will make brawl melee

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
or better yet ssb64

Troll elsewhere.

And is there any progress on other character-specific mods? I haven't gotten to try this out yet, but the values for Link worry me that he'll still have the same problems he did in Vanilla Brawl.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Troll elsewhere.

And is there any progress on other character-specific mods? I haven't gotten to try this out yet, but the values for Link worry me that he'll still have the same problems he did in Vanilla Brawl.
His SH is nice for the z-air spam so he has a good spacer and approach. (Or at least a better one.) I still would like to have his recovery buffed OR a little more KO potential but w/e.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Whats your opinions on Ness? I would try the codes for myself but without a file it's too hard=D.
Ness is much the same as he was before this codeset (at least, depending on your values I guess). He's just as good as he used to be. SH is the right height, recovery seems right, and FF seems right.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Everyone wants a better buffer, but we cant fix it beyond 1 right now :(
I still want no buffer. :(

And by the way, this codeset is using NO BUFFER as opposed to the 1 buffer it advertises. The 1 liner doesn't work with 1 buffer, it just comes out as 0. Use the 23 line buffer code and you will notice a difference.

Before I get into the character specific stuff, I think the codeset should use the 50% + breakpoint 2 for the hitlag setting instead of whatever this is (50% plus 1? ugh).

A big thanks to all that worked on the character specific gravity/jumps/SH. It brings us a step closer to our goal even if I'm not really a fan of the current settings.

First thing I noticed is that full jumps/double jumps seem shorter for almost all the characters I tested with (not many). It's really noticeable with Falco, Fox and Falcon. Link doesn't even clear a platform on Battlefield with a full jump. I don't mind Fox having a lower full jump/DJ height since he does jump pretty **** high in VB. Just bring the rest of the characters back their full jump heights. Increase Ganon's so he can actually ledgehop.

I did like the faster jumps. Fox and Falco fell like a rock which was awesome. I don't have a problem with Falcon's falling speed, his full jumps just suck. But to be truthful, I was very satisfied with almost everyone's fall speed on 1.25 downgrav. I though Fox and Falco should be 1.35. Falcon and Wolf should be 1.3. The rest of the cast seemed fine at 1.25 to me.

I was also very satisfied with universal .9 SHs. I thought only a couple characters needed a tweak from that (Ganon thunderstorm) but it was still great for most of the cast. I'm too lazy to test the whole cast with this new codeset (especially without a human opponent) so maybe it mostly is close to .9 SH. If it is then that's awesome.

Overall I think I liked my codeset more, but truth be told I am too lazy to test with every single character. I think I'll just play with my own for now but I look forward to the next version of the "official codeset". I have faith that the Brawl+ SBR guys will bring us something awesome soon.

Quick question, is jump speed and dash speed in this codeset? I did not see it in there.

Raym

Smash Apprentice
My opinions:

C.Falcon: Too heavy, i will try shanus code now
Pikachu: I find his gravity and jumps perfect, the problem is the buffer code, making QAC way harder.
Fox: Too heavy
Marth: Nothing for the moment.
Ganondorf: Higher jumps?
Lucario: I find him fun to play again, i didnt like how was Lucario in other codesets and i didnt use him in Brawl+.

In general i think it needs more Dash Speed.
I dont like 1 buffer.
I find this codeset better than Kupo's and Mookie's, and way better than old Kupo's and MuBa's.

Revven

FrankerZ
I still want no buffer. :(

And by the way, this codeset is using NO BUFFER as opposed to the 1 buffer it advertises. The 1 liner doesn't work with 1 buffer, it just comes out as 0. Use the 23 line buffer code and you will notice a difference.
If they're using the most recent one liner buffer (the one that was fixed), 1 frame buffering works with it (I can TELL the differences). When I was playing online with GS, he was able to do Ganon's thunderstorm and that's NOT possible on 0 frame buffering.

1 frame works, Starscream.

Starscream

Smash Ace
If they're using the most recent one liner buffer (the one that was fixed), 1 frame buffering works with it (I can TELL the differences). When I was playing online with GS, he was able to do Ganon's thunderstorm and that's NOT possible on 0 frame buffering.

1 frame works, Starscream.
No it doesn't. Whoever the people were that put together the values for the specific jump height/gravity/whatever values built Ganon's shorthop and Thunderstorm around 0 buffer without even knowing it. I wish I could show you a video with the 23 line on 1 buffer where you get a ******** crouch after SHFFL but not on the 1 liner but I don't have a means of doing so. Thunderstorming is far easier with 1 buffer on the 23 line code. I'm not getting instant aerials on 1 buffer with the 1 liner but I am with the 23 line. So either it's not on 1 frame buffer with the 1 liner at all or it just doesn't work for me and only me for some bizarre reason.

Revven

FrankerZ
No it doesn't. Whoever the people were that put together the values for the specific jump height/gravity/whatever values built Ganon's shorthop and Thunderstorm around 0 buffer without even knowing it. I wish I could show you a video with the 23 line on 1 buffer where you get a ******** crouch after SHFFL but not on the 1 liner but I don't have a means of doing so. Thunderstorming is far easier with 1 buffer on the 23 line code. I'm not getting instant aerials on 1 buffer with the 1 liner but I am with the 23 line. So either it's not on 1 frame buffer with the 1 liner at all or it just doesn't work for me and only me for some bizarre reason.
Explain then how I can get an instant aerial with CF's Nair then... and it ACs? =\

I'll try later, but, I'm 100% positive it works with 1 frame but anything higher it has glitches (like before). And, I used the 1 liner for 1 frame before and it worked perfectly in everyone else's code sets (see kupo's with 1 frame), that's the 1 liner I'm talking about.

Also, kupo, again the only reason why your set feels faster is because 1) all the characters have the same downwards gravity therefore they all fall at the same rate and thus the game feels faster because it's the same gravity for each character and 2) the dash speed is slightly faster.

Maybe Upwards gravity makes things slower for some chars? Meh, I doubt it.

MuBa

Smash Lord
or better yet ssb64

Your kind is not liked here f00

We WILL make Brawl+ tournament worthy and, if we get enough necessary codes, BETTER than Melee. You really need to get your head out of your *** with putting Melee on a high pedestal.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Snake's normal gravity doesn't need to be changed. It hinders C4 recovery.
What does Character Specific Launch Modifier Do? Change Character weights?

D

Deleted member

for me this is page 4 ;)

and what is the latest values code?

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
hyperhopper, we aren't allowed to advertise other forums here, but if you want to go to the brawl + forums, first go to the IRC chat linked on the competitive brawl+ code agenda thread. As soon as you enter the IRC, you'll see the link.

BEES

Smash Lord
I'm ********. The dash speed feels slower because it is. Higher gravity increases the friction on the stage, slowing everyone that got heavier down.

How on earth would we fix this? We'd have to modify the dash speed for every character.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
wut? I wasn't aware friction was a function of gravity in this game. Wouldn't jigglypuff be sliding around like mad, then? How did you draw this conclusion?

But yes, the dash speed is slower.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm ********. The dash speed feels slower because it is. Higher gravity increases the friction on the stage, slowing everyone that got heavier down.

How on earth would we fix this? We'd have to modify the dash speed for every character.
Wouldn't that just be Upwards grav though? Downwards had no bearing on Dash speeds before. I think we'd only need to fix those that have Upwards applied to them (IF what you say is true).

BEES

Smash Lord
It's the upwards gravity. Might as well just eliminate all the upwards grav adjustments and focus on short hops, downgrav, and fastfalls. The jump start animation code takes care of the upwards part pretty decently.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Except that it still causes the jump slide glitch as far as I know. Otherwise, I like downgrav.

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
if its the upwards gravity shouldn´t we just drop the full gravity part and make the space for dashspeed or something like that?

does decreasing the upwards gravity make you slide more after dashing and/or makes you lighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom