• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Starscream, this has been posted over a thousand times by me already.
Yeesh, sorry man. I don't follow this thread very closely anymore since it's so active and there are just too many posts.
Almas is going to likely add his character specific friction code to be merged into the codes he is rewriting for more efficiency. He's already had it written before for decades but just hasn't implemented it yet and is likely going to in his rewritten codes.

It'll likely only be applied to Falcon and maybe one other char, everyone else is fine.
But that's good to hear.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
in either one leafgreen. spam's just that good. unless mew2king starts maining a good character i'd say Teh_Spamerer is the best player in brawl+ as of now.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
He needed that to compensate for the recovery being gimpable by grab release, C4 recovery not being viable, and being the easiest human to combo.

On brighter news, I'm glad Yoshi's down smash does more knockback.
Nobody need a jugglin like that,o/

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Honestly speaking......does Snake NEED comboes? He's a powerhouse full of tilts that kill and are pretty quick, has the top best camping ability and has a cardboard box. What more can he need?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Honestly speaking......does Snake NEED comboes? He's a powerhouse full of tilts that kill and are pretty quick, has the top best camping ability and has a cardboard box. What more can he need?
Lag from shield dropping nades seriously compromises his camping ability. That and his terrible recovery make him in desperate need in buffs for other areas.

IMO the first hit of his ftilt should have enough vertical knockback to enable ftilt ---> fsmash...(joking obviously)

But seriously his combos are needed otherwise he'd be much worse.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Lag from shield dropping nades seriously compromises his camping ability. That and his terrible recovery make him in desperate need in buffs for other areas.

IMO the first hit of his ftilt should have enough vertical knockback to enable ftilt ---> fsmash...(joking obviously)

But seriously his combos are needed otherwise he'd be much worse.
I think what he has is good enough.
You just gotta know when and how to camp with him.
XD @ ftilt, fsmash combo. It's hitstun would have to be like....nvm lol

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Ya what he has is good, so no need to change him. I wish the nade dropping lag went away but I'm not gonna complain about it cuz i don't main snake in brawl+. he's fun to use though

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Might wanna fix MK's dthrow CG on DK. Especially since MK can combo you right out of it toy our death at 135%ish.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I can DI and tech MK's dowthrow with all my characters. Are your sure you cant with DK?
If the MK times it correctly, I am 100% sure. The CG ends at 120% roughly. DK is still in the air in hitstun if he's grabbed on time before then.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
So me and some friends played B+ for the first time yesterday for a few hours, and it seems to be pretty interesting so far. We used the version on the first page of this thread (4.0) as I just grabbed the codes a couple days ago without checking the rest of the thread and seeing the new version.

One gripe we had was that footstool jumping seems pretty silly now compared to vBrawl. Maybe we are just doing something wrong, but it seems that the increased fall speed and hitstun make getting footstooled extremely lethal. We saw a good few absurdly low-percent deaths to footstools; it seems like somebody who actually had a bit of practice with the new game would easily be able to own with them. Although, I guess on the other hand, if you were more familiar with B+ you would be better at avoiding getting stomped also, but still.

One other thing that jumped out at me was that GW's aerials seem to be really good now with auto lag-cancelling. He seems to be able to just throw out b-airs and f-airs with no risk at all, and many characters seem to just get shut down by this.

Also, thanks to whoever suggested/implemented the codes that make it so the versus mode rules default to the competitive standard. That was such a good idea.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
IDK if the new changes to Marth were discussed, I've gone over something dozen posts, and stopped after Blank was against the % nerfs. I got bored after that, please bear with me.

So the % decreases also equal a decrease in killing ability on DB and DS, right? Because it seems that way. Is knockback calculated with the attack's % as well?

But anyway...the new DS...while I guess it's suppose to prevent the amount of LOL DRAGON PUNCH to it...it acts very weird. Its trajectory is like a straight horizontal 90 degrees. You can also DI down and tech it to punish Marth at around 50-90% (?). That kinda ruins the attack. It is already nerfed due to game physics changed about, but this makes it near useless.

As for Dancing Blade...I assume these changes make it weaker so it's simply a damage racker and no longer a safe kill move? Therefore retacking on a weakness of vBrawl Marth? If so, that's good. Dancing Blade was so ridiculous even if it's punishable. Now what about shield damage and shieldstun? Is it basically as punishable as it is in vBrawl?

Err...the fair tipper from 20 degrees to 50 degrees. What was the point of this? Was it to prevent people teching it then punishing Marth for spacing well, as well as allow him to combo more into it? It seems to also give an effect that it no longer is as good of a kill move anymore, but that may just be me.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I copied the codes as they are in the first post, made a txt file, put it into code manager, took the gct file, placed it into the SD card under the codes folder, and when I try to load Brawl through Gecko and it seems to freeze. Waited a couple minutes and it stayed at the loading screen.

My wii is version 4.0 and I was forced to update when I put Brawl in .

Is there any codes in the first post I might need to tweak so it doesn't freeze?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The first bug is a bug with the CSS, which we cannot fix ourselves, only spunit can and his computer is broken.

Secondly, the second bug shouldn't be happening anymore because we removed No force switch from the code set, so... I don't know how that can be happening still. Unless you were talking about 4.0, which is technically outdated now and the problem you have has been fixed in 4.1 (removing of no force switch in favor of indivi. pokemon and PT).
I wasn't aware 4.1 had been released. It's not on the front page.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I hate it when they're like "Oh, you have that old version from 3 weeks ago, it's not our fault." but the newest version in the OP is...from 3 weeks ago.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I copied the codes as they are in the first post, made a txt file, put it into code manager, took the gct file, placed it into the SD card under the codes folder, and when I try to load Brawl through Gecko and it seems to freeze. Waited a couple minutes and it stayed at the loading screen.

My wii is version 4.0 and I was forced to update when I put Brawl in .

Is there any codes in the first post I might need to tweak so it doesn't freeze?
Pull out the gc memory card if you have it plugged in.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Also with Sonic, if you dash, stop abruptly, then dash in the same direction you will run slowly.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
why isn't that in the OP
The one in the OP is an official release.
The ones you will find on that site are test builds to experiment with new ideas and get the next codeset for the OP ready.
Some of the experiments can be pretty radical, and these are all unfinished builds leading up to the next release. I think its just for the best to keep it where it is until it is ready.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Still doing it.
The codes in the OP go well over Gecko's 256-line limit. You can't just put all the codes in a GCT and have Gecko run them, else your Wii will freeze. That's why, if you read the OP, you'll find that you have to put the GCT on another folder, and on the codes folder goes another GCT that loads the first one in order to bypass that limit.

...or so it went, but with the newest method for loading codes, you can just use your one GCT file.

Go here for more information on this new method:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226447

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
IDK if the new changes to Marth were discussed, I've gone over something dozen posts, and stopped after Blank was against the % nerfs. I got bored after that, please bear with me.

So the % decreases also equal a decrease in killing ability on DB and DS, right? Because it seems that way. Is knockback calculated with the attack's % as well?

But anyway...the new DS...while I guess it's suppose to prevent the amount of LOL DRAGON PUNCH to it...it acts very weird. Its trajectory is like a straight horizontal 90 degrees. You can also DI down and tech it to punish Marth at around 50-90% (?). That kinda ruins the attack. It is already nerfed due to game physics changed about, but this makes it near useless.

As for Dancing Blade...I assume these changes make it weaker so it's simply a damage racker and no longer a safe kill move? Therefore retacking on a weakness of vBrawl Marth? If so, that's good. Dancing Blade was so ridiculous even if it's punishable. Now what about shield damage and shieldstun? Is it basically as punishable as it is in vBrawl?

Err...the fair tipper from 20 degrees to 50 degrees. What was the point of this? Was it to prevent people teching it then punishing Marth for spacing well, as well as allow him to combo more into it? It seems to also give an effect that it no longer is as good of a kill move anymore, but that may just be me.
I think Marth's Fair was changed so tipper doesn't kill off the ledge so much. 20 degree angle sounds like it'd be pretty devestating to certain chars. Just guessing.

Really no need to read the whole thread to see if X thing has been discussed, should probably just ask.

Was DB really unpunishable on shield?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I think Marth's Fair was changed so tipper doesn't kill off the ledge so much. 20 degree angle sounds like it'd be pretty devestating to certain chars. Just guessing.

Really no need to read the whole thread to see if X thing has been discussed, should probably just ask.

Was DB really unpunishable on shield?

...I thought they increased the angle in order to buff it so that it can combo better to compensate for the DB nerf.

And DB unpunishable on shield? LOL NO.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Is there a way to hack the wii so that you don't have to use a wiimote? I might buy a wii if that's possible lmao

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Nope.

But the remote comes with the console, and all you'd need it for is to boot B+. LOL. I havnt charged my remote in weeks.
Remotes have a lot of batteries if you turn rumble and the mic off.

But here is the topic ---------------------------------> And that's us.

Back on topic please

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
lolwut? Where do you get your information from? I'd like to see you take apart your wii to do that.
IDK, i am tired now, and am thinking lik a 5 year old. My friend actually fixed his Wii by taking it apart, though.

On topic: I think that Sheik is pretty crazy in Version 4.0. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom