• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Sounds good...I'll try it out next time I'm at spam's or whenever I play it...I don't own the game or a wii lol...

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
just wondering, is there a pal version of 4.1 out yet? not that it really matters, i really love my ganon/fox in the 4.0 one atm anyway

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'll try and see if I can keep a bigger shdl window while still tightening up his jumps for the next one. I'll admit that the shdl timing is very strict now... probably too strict.
Not really. I had no problem at all consistently SHDLing yesterday on 0 buffer. Granted I SHDL fine in Melee, but really, SHDL should be difficult. The fact you can have a buffer makes it really easy, too.

D

Deleted member

just wondering, is there a pal version of 4.1 out yet? not that it really matters, i really love my ganon/fox in the 4.0 one atm anyway
not an "official" one, but you can easily copy over most of the physics. let me explain:

Code:
hitbox data [PAL]
[COLOR=red]06XXXXXX [/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]YYYYYYYY[/COLOR]

new hitbox data [NTSC]
[COLOR=red]06VVVVVV [/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]WWWWWWWW[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00ff00]ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZ[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00ff00]...[/COLOR]
What you see are the first line(s) of the hitbox codes, to use the new data all you have to do is this:
Code:
new hitbox data [PAL]
[COLOR=red]06XXXXXX [/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]WWWWWWWW[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lime]ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00ff00]...[/COLOR]
simply copy-paste the first 8 numbers from PAL into NTSC and use that. same for grav/jump, momentum and frame speed.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Not really. I had no problem at all consistently SHDLing yesterday on 0 buffer. Granted I SHDL fine in Melee, but really, SHDL should be difficult. The fact you can have a buffer makes it really easy, too.
They're not trying to make it like melee. They're just trying to make Brawl suck less.

Brawl sucking less =/= melee.

I like that SHDL is easy to do. Leaves my opponents more open to ****. I'll get used to it eventually though. Spam showed me how fast fox could be.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
yea I have a tourney coming up this saturday and ill only be entering doubles. how good of a team can CF(me) and PT(mostly squirtle) be?

D

Deleted member

mostly practise on working together, team combos and such and you'll be good (can I advise grab+ falcon punch :p)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Having chemistry with your partner matters far more than what characters you use. Just practice.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Having chemistry with your partner matters far more than what characters you use. Just practice.
Agreed here. Remember it's a team game. Winning the match is more important then having the most kills. Support your teammate and practice together to try and be on the same wavelength.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I mean strategies. like zss dsmash + game&watch bucket. what are strategies PT may have with falcon? like which throws have a lot of hitstun with the pokemon etc knowing my partners characters is as good as knowing mine

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I mean strategies. like zss dsmash + game&watch bucket. what are strategies PT may have with falcon? like which throws have a lot of hitstun with the pokemon etc knowing my partners characters is as good as knowing mine
Thats something you and your partner will have to figure out.
Squirtle water + falcon punch Maybe?

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I won't be seeing him again til this saturday and I can't play because I won't be home til sunday.
That.....sux. So you guys just plan on stompin out the competition by just walkin in there? lol

I was thinking about this too but, when the throw modifier becomes reality (i believe in it) Certain stages may be playable. Mario Kart maybe? Just a thought.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Yay,my Wii is back!!!1!
Buy when i open HBC,Load GeckoOs,shows nothing,just the black screen of GeckoOs,dont show the Launch,Boot,this things,just the Black Screen.

PS:Brawl+ 4ev4r

Yingyay

Smash Ace
thats happened to me before, i just reset my Wii and hope it works (which it does eventually)

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Yay,my Wii is back!!!1!
Buy when i open HBC,Load GeckoOs,shows nothing,just the black screen of GeckoOs,dont show the Launch,Boot,this things,just the Black Screen.

PS:Brawl+ 4ev4r
Wrong topic but to answer, make sure there are no Gamecube memory cards in the system.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
There's a bug with the ASL, if you hit someone with your up-b, you will autosweetspot. If you for example do up-b with samus and someone with out invis is on the ledge, you will hit them and grab the ledge instantly. Same goes for Fox, if you up-b and hit someone on your way for the ledge, you will instantly grab the ledge once you reach it. Haven't tried with all characters yet, but so far this bug does not seem to be character specific.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
There's a bug with the ASL, if you hit someone with your up-b, you will autosweetspot. If you for example do up-b with samus and someone with out invis is on the ledge, you will hit them and grab the ledge instantly. Same goes for Fox, if you up-b and hit someone on your way for the ledge, you will instantly grab the ledge once you reach it. Haven't tried with all characters yet, but so far this bug does not seem to be character specific.
Been known for a while. We are discussing if it is truly a problem. I'm off the ground that thinks it is a good punishment for a failed edgeguard and getting hit, but others see it is too limiting to the edgeguarders.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
That.....sux. So you guys just plan on stompin out the competition by just walkin in there? lol

I was thinking about this too but, when the throw modifier becomes reality (i believe in it) Certain stages may be playable. Mario Kart maybe? Just a thought.
we'll do some friendly doubles and try and win through that process hopefully.

about stages, people are too competitive and want to play the same old stages. I can play competitive but after a while, I like trying out skyworld with a 2 min timer and items to very high

GPDP

Smash Ace
I've tested the new Gecko OS method, and it works beautifully. I propose that we ditch the Double GCT AND snapshot methods, and instead encourage people to set up Gecko OS with Y.S.'s codes. It's easier, guaranteed to cause less headaches helping people get the codes working (now only one GCT is needed, after all), AND it seems as though codes that didn't work with the Double GCT method work now, such as the Falcon/Ganon Up-B fix.

Only bad part about it is, it doesn't work with the USB Loader, which means I'd have to use the disc again, which means longer loading times. Oh well.

D

Deleted member

USB loader?

anyway the new method is a great improvement, ecpecially coding wise, since we can use more codes like the upB fix you mentionend and a code I'm working on right now.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Is the issue of ZSS defaulting to Samus after a match supposed to be fixed? Because I'm still getting that. Furthermore, I can no longer taunt transform; is this intentional?

GPDP

Smash Ace
USB loader?
I managed to dump my Brawl disc into a hard drive, and using a version of the USB Loader that also has Gecko OS functions, can play the ISO from the hard drive and still access the Brawl+ codes through the snapshot method. The advantage to this was, of course, shorter loading times. Like, just about Melee-instantaneous.

But it's not a big deal. Loading codes is so much easier this way.

D

Deleted member

do know that those codes do work with snapshot, just not double gct

Revven

FrankerZ
Is the issue of ZSS defaulting to Samus after a match supposed to be fixed? Because I'm still getting that. Furthermore, I can no longer taunt transform; is this intentional?
The first bug is a bug with the CSS, which we cannot fix ourselves, only spunit can and his computer is broken.

Secondly, the second bug shouldn't be happening anymore because we removed No force switch from the code set, so... I don't know how that can be happening still. Unless you were talking about 4.0, which is technically outdated now and the problem you have has been fixed in 4.1 (removing of no force switch in favor of indivi. pokemon and PT).

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Alright, I know Shanus doesn't like too much posting over the test set, but after some more playtesting with Snake I feel his tilts don't need any nerfing at all. Not even in damage.

I think this because for starters he can't abuse it out of shield as much. Momentum also makes it easier for certain chars to punish it and setup their combos on him, and since he seems like the heaviest char in the game right now that makes for some easy setups. His C4 recovery without stale moves, and more hitstun + his weight make it still a viable recovery option, but he takes tons more damage doing it now. With all the abuse he gets, theres really nothing wrong with Snake getting a high damage move.

Just voicing this now as I may not have a wii to use for the next two weeks.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Alright, I know Shanus doesn't like too much posting over the test set, but after some more playtesting with Snake I feel his tilts don't need any nerfing at all. Not even in damage.

I think this because for starters he can't abuse it out of shield as much. Momentum also makes it easier for certain chars to punish it and setup their combos on him, and since he seems like the heaviest char in the game right now that makes for some easy setups. His C4 recovery without stale moves, and more hitstun + his weight make it still a viable recovery option, but he takes tons more damage doing it now. With all the abuse he gets, theres really nothing wrong with Snake getting a high damage move.

Just voicing this now as I may not have a wii to use for the next two weeks.
I was supporter of the Snake changes but after messing with them I just don't like them. Good players won't get locked during the f-tilt spam so we can tell new players to suck it up. We removed a lot of options from first hit f-tilt -> stuff.

Top that off with the fact the damage on his tilts just feels foreign. I don't know he just doesn't feel right now a days. Snake doesn't have combos except for a few low percentage u-tilt combos or d-throw. I've been meaning to discuss the Snake nerfs with the backroom, but have been swamped with school and some other stuff.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Any chance of character specific friction? I'm sorry, but I just can't play the official codeset without my own friction setting because of how **** slidey Captain Falcon is. I use 0.05 for the friction code and I prefer the game overall with it. But it nerfs some DACUS' and Luigi doesn't slide around anymore so I think the game would be improved with character specific friction.

Also, Falco falls a little slower compared to Fox. Is there a reason for this? Does he benefit more from this?

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Well,Snake tilts need a nerf in %,like other Tilts,if remove Snake Tilt Damege nerf,why nerf Fox Dair>Upsmash?
Snake Tilts is more problematic than Fox Dair to Upsmash o.o'
Before with 13% Utilt,this thing can deal damage like *** in Fast Fallers.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
He needed that to compensate for the recovery being gimpable by grab release, C4 recovery not being viable, and being the easiest human to combo.

On brighter news, I'm glad Yoshi's down smash does more knockback.

Revven

FrankerZ
Any chance of character specific friction? I'm sorry, but I just can't play the official codeset without my own friction setting because of how **** slidey Captain Falcon is. I use 0.05 for the friction code and I prefer the game overall with it. But it nerfs some DACUS' and Luigi doesn't slide around anymore so I think the game would be improved with character specific friction.
Starscream, this has been posted over a thousand times by me already.

Almas is going to likely add his character specific friction code to be merged into the codes he is rewriting for more efficiency. He's already had it written before for decades but just hasn't implemented it yet and is likely going to in his rewritten codes.

It'll likely only be applied to Falcon and maybe one other char, everyone else is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom