• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

^if you PM me that set I can give you most of the set (ie not glidecode)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I have another balance suggestion from MD/VA. Boss won a B+ tourney last Saturday with Luigi because he combos like a beast, easily breaks a lot of combos with nair, but mostly because no one could live past 60% against him.

Dthrow -> up-B is literally too good. I dunno how this could be fixed, since you can't change throws yet. Maybe make aerial up-B less powerful?

Unfortunately I'm not sure any of his tourney matches got recorded.

shanus

Smash Hero
I have another balance suggestion from MD/VA. Boss won a B+ tourney last Saturday with Luigi because he combos like a beast, easily breaks a lot of combos with nair, but mostly because no one could live past 60% against him.

Dthrow -> up-B is literally too good. I dunno how this could be fixed, since you can't change throws yet. Maybe make aerial up-B less powerful?

Yeah I've heard this one a lot from Bum as well, definitely looking into it. Thanks man

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium

Boss is too good. Wow.
I really hope there were some vids.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Are we gonna see a new beta version before Apex (May 9th/10th)? I'd like to see a lot of these things fixed by then because this will be a lot of people's first impression of Brawl+ and it could make a big difference in the growth of the Brawl+ community.

Magus420

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure it can be fixed by DIing Luigi's d-throw correctly. Slightly below full away. He might still be able to barely reach them in time if they're very light since the throw lags less on them. 60%? Was everyone using super lightweights against him or something?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I was exaggerating a bit about the 60% thing. My point is it's just way too easy to land it, and it's an amazing KO move.

If Snake could dthrow -> utilt guaranteed on every character at any %, that would still be less broken than Luigi.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I really don't think it was just bad DI. I'm pretty sure Luigi can follow the DI at most %s. I could be wrong but he was consistently catching MD/VA pros with it.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Were they DIing the throw like I described or even full away when they were still getting hit by it? The throw sends up and slightly away.
In this I request fastfall during tumble makes it back in the official 4.1 set.
If used right this can prevent deadly combos like this, and make it to the ground for quick teching.

IC3R

Smash Lord
In this I request fastfall during tumble makes it back in the official 4.1 set.
If used right this can prevent deadly combos like this, and make it to the ground for quick teching.
This plz.

I was wondering why I couldn't FF during tumble; it was removed!!! :mad:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I was wondering about that, why dont we have just FF during tumble in the set without NADT? It seemed like it was part of a bundle pack that you cant get individually. :/

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I think I found a glitch of sorts. When you get a 7 with G+W, the food usually doesn't come out. After some field testing, I'm pretty sure it only comes out if you are hit mid attack.

The Cape

Smash Master
FF during tumble was taken out initially due to the fact that you can FF and AD and get to the ground and out of anything that wouldnt combo you normally.

However, we have been discussing a new method for the airdodges, which may actually coincide with this.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Wait, if the code does what its supposed to then it shouldn't have that affect should it? FF'ing during tumble is just like tapping out of tumble then FF'ing. Or is it that you could FF during hitstun?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
For anyone who cares, the glitch was simply that I didn't realize they changed how 7s work since Melee. Now it has to hit someone to count.

Silent Mike

Smash Cadet
Problem...

I'm using Plussery 4.0 with the double .gct method so I can have textures too. The problem is that the Deadlands code freezes the game when going to Luigi's Mansion. Both gcts are in the right folders, all the textures work and all of the other brawl+ codes work except for deadlands, it just freezes on READY TO BRAWL. Is there something i'm missing?

Silent Mike

Smash Cadet
Yep, and the deadlands code HAS worked WITHOUT textures before (file replacement 2.1a) and just a single gct method, but now it's freezing WITH all that stuff

EDIT: NEVERMIND i figured it out, i think i had the wrong .gct >_>

thanks though

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
You only need to press x, y, and start to reset a gamecube controller.

And Ness' ground game is a piece of crap. How is that sensitive at all.

1338h4x

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if it's already been posted but I didn't feel like wading through more than just the last 7 pages or so. Does anyone have a .gct that has the most recent B+ codeset and File Replacement v2.1? AFAIK there's no version of the .gct compiler thingy for Linux so I can't just compile it myself (unless I go dig out my old Windows box, which I'm not doing). I've got the latest version of Gecko which finally allows more than 256 lines so I'm assuming putting the two codesets together is fine.
So yeah if anyone can post a compiled .gct for me I'd be forever in your debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom