• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The brawl+ falcon metagame development discussion

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
oh okay. i get it now. i heard "reverse knee" and thought like, reverse falcon punch. lol.

shanus

Smash Hero
Not saying I'm gonna close it or do anything... I was just voicing my opinion on it.
That is so not allowed! haha, glad to hear it. Have you played with B+ yet or no? Given your knowledge of the Plussery it seems you keep up to date with it

storm92

Smash Ace
Has anyone pulled off a triple/quadruple knee yet in B+?

I got the triple across FD on my friend's Sonic, then went for the final **** you with the fourth knee offstage and he spring spiked me... :(

shanus

Smash Hero
Thats his only basic treat for it, since it was actually a demonstration of how the code worked by the codewriter. You'll see most chars that benefitted were bowser, link, samus, and some nifty MK nerfs.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Ah, because usually people say I was just standing there. (When I do use the codes) Well thank you sir.
No problem.
Wanna play brawl+ online sometime? I'll send you a profile message with my friendcode if you want to play brawl+ on wifi against me:)

shanus

Smash Hero
Official Beta 4.0 has been released. Enjoy the new falcon mods ;-)

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Aren't you guys worried that every falcon main is just gonna switch to brawl+? Combos are just too good.

Kupo, the second gif in your sig is HILARIOUS as well as awesomely awesome.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Reading all of this feels good, it's that good ol' Melee feeling, I want Brawl+ so bad...too bad none of my friends play it/want to play it :(... Good luck with finding more stuff, I'll keep checking this thread just in case I DO get Brawl+

kupo15

Smash Hero
Aren't you guys worried that every falcon main is just gonna switch to brawl+? Combos are just too good.

Kupo, the second gif in your sig is HILARIOUS as well as awesomely awesome.
Well, brawl+ is constantly changing and it will be some time until we settle down. I do feel combos are a bit easy right now but it should get much better and harder as we progress. We aren't worried that falcon mains will switch to brawl+. Which falcon main wouldn't want these sexy combos? :laugh:

Yea, love the second gif. Support ghost assist was planned though...right lol!
Reading all of this feels good, it's that good ol' Melee feeling, I want Brawl+ so bad...too bad none of my friends play it/want to play it :(... Good luck with finding more stuff, I'll keep checking this thread just in case I DO get Brawl+
Why don't they want to play it?

LuLLo

Smash Ace
@Kupo:

Well they're the kind of players that just want to play the game the way it's ''meant to play'' you know..
But perhaps, if I just install the homebrew and let them play Brawl+ without knowing it, maybe they'll come to like it and convert too :)

Smith

Smash Ace
If anyone noticed if you run, SH Knee, when you land, you slide.

With this, you knee someone, your bothing falling towards the stage in a forward moment and as soon as you land you can knee again.

Also, where are the rest of the B+ metagame threads? :(

LuLLo

Smash Ace

With this, you knee someone, your bothing falling towards the stage in a forward moment and as soon as you land you can knee again.

The rest? You mean character specific?
Some of 'em can be found on the Character Specific Boards, for other Brawl+ threads I have no idea.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

They're here and there in the character boards. Some mods dont want us to create a B+ specific thread in character forums but it makes sense as we dont have anywhere else to really talk about the B+ counterparts.

We're doing a weekly discussion to fix characters, but not just to focus on them and their potential metagame. :/

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
falcon's fthrow usually at low percents makes the opponent hit the ground. a good follow-up is a sourspot fair so that you can force a stand up into other options. please notice that all combo's possible to DI out of but this is a "just in case" moment

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
i never even thought of comboing into a falcon kick from the air, i bet we have heaps of combo's into that
most likely if you can FK you can just end your combo with a knee which is a way better option.

PartyHatPikaChu

Smash Apprentice
most likely if you can FK you can just end your combo with a knee which is a way better option.
thank you.

why would we want to end a combo with a falcon kick? ever?

And there are no stale moves in brawl+.. making using a falcon kick to end your combo make even less sense.

In short: better options present, so dont end combo with falcon kick.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Is it just me or is falcon's dthrow and DA just waaay too good.

Also HOW DO YOU DI A DTHROW TO ESCAPE AN UAIR/FAIR. I CANT FIGURE OUT WHERE TO DI!

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
you can falcon kick if they get too far away from you, but the start-up is too bad for it to be any good.

and in the code agenda they have beta codes for 2nd jump returned after falcon kick and falcon dive always has momentum.

Tenki

Smash Hero

Also HOW DO YOU DI A DTHROW TO ESCAPE AN UAIR/FAIR. I CANT FIGURE OUT WHERE TO DI!
Probably away at low %'s + floor tech (no roll) or quick aerial to counter a regrab (common move)

and I think up/away at mid/high %'s - some characters can attack out of hitstun and stop the U-air, while others can only airdodge (watch out for dodge baits)

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord

idk what DA means but at high percents you need to DI down and away, not just away.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
DA = Dash Attack

The issue with that though is that I get hit with a DA before I can even DI down enough to tech.
well get *****. XD not sure what to say, since his DA pretty much combos into any aerial.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Which is the problem!

I was playing dr. mario guy at WHobo, and every time, Grab > Dthrow > DA > KNEE/Uair.

If he flubbs the knee, I get Uair'd. And I'm like dsgfsg

Top Bottom