• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The brawl+ falcon metagame development discussion

PartyHatPikaChu

Smash Apprentice
I didnt report you. What.

Thanks for assuming. :/

Also, DI Up and away = Good DI for Dash Attack, right?
Hmm, Then someone else, thanks for reporting me.

:bumper:
:bluejump:
:bumper:

If you want to avoid another DA, I guess towards the opponent/up is best.
If you want to avoid a possible Uair/Fair/etc., Up and away, yes.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
the hardest match-up for falcon in this game (imo) is sheik. if you're playing someone good, they're DI will make your dthrow useless. although, uthrow is very good against sheik, not sure why, but you'll always get a uair, and if not a uair, a knee.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
id love to do that, but i think only thread creator can, and i dont think knee will ever come back. :(

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
id love to do that, but i think only thread creator can, and i dont think knee will ever come back. :(
the creator can't move his/her own thread, only a mod can. if you want to move it, just pm a mod and say that the thread belongs in the brawl+ character discussion

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
the creator can't move his/her own thread, only a mod can. if you want to move it, just pm a mod and say that the thread belongs in the brawl+ character discussion
what I meant is can't only thread creator request for their thread to be moved? also can u link to the b+ character boards

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
ffff B+ tourney got canceled. Can't give info on DA attacks.

Also, I looked over my replays, reason why the 3rd DA connected was because the DA went up an incline, despite good DI, allowing for it to connect. (Up and Away = Good DI for Dash Attack, right?)

After the second dash attack, I was hit up the stairs of Delfino Plaza and Falcon traveled up the stairs on DP and hit me a 3rd time. <_>

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
im sticking to this thread and also bumping it. the new brawl+ falcon thread is ****ing ********.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
im sticking to this thread and also bumping it. the new brawl+ falcon thread is ****ing ********.
That's pretty funny.

You guys who play Brawl+, why do you like it better than regular Brawl? And I know (or think) Falcon is better there, but I don't mind him at all in Brawl. I'm hoping to hack my Wii eventually for unlimited replays and maybe texture stuff, but the Brawl+ ruleset doesn't sound like that much fun for me. I don't want to start a Brawl/Brawl+ fight, just wondering :)

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
That's pretty funny.

You guys who play Brawl+, why do you like it better than regular Brawl? And I know (or think) Falcon is better there, but I don't mind him at all in Brawl. I'm hoping to hack my Wii eventually for unlimited replays and maybe texture stuff, but the Brawl+ ruleset doesn't sound like that much fun for me. I don't want to start a Brawl/Brawl+ fight, just wondering :)
Just because someone plays b+ doesn't think the game is better than the original. ;D My personal preference is brawl+ simply because its faster, I still play brawl and go to tournies, don't get me wrong. I play all smash games and still have different views of each.

mitch2302

Smash Journeyman
I find playing a normal brawl match feels like an endurance test, more than a fighting game; you hit them away so many times, but you can never really combo; the punishment for a stupid move is at max 2 solid hits (excluding stuff like tornado). I switched back to melee cause it was more combo-oriented, even though it was an older game. it was faster, moves were stronger, and people didn't come back from a knee at 100 percent. B+ is heaven sent for me because combos are viable options for every single character, making it more balanced then melee (eventually at least), stronger moves and faster kills make a 1v1 3 stock match NOT last for the whole 8 minutes, and 5 at max making it better than brawl, and honestly, CF is just too much fun in B+

BEES

Smash Lord
*plays regular Brawl*

*Runs up to opponent*
*hits opponent*
*Runs up to opponent again*
*opponent hits you away*

*plays Brawl+*

*runs up to opponent*
*dair to knee to knee combo*
*opponent dies*

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
*plays regular Brawl*

*Runs up to opponent*
*hits opponent*
*Runs up to opponent again*
*opponent hits you away*

*plays Brawl+*

*runs up to opponent*
*dair to knee to knee combo*
*opponent dies*
KOing idle opponents isnt an art;) not even in brawl+:p

BEES

Smash Lord
Now I'm trying to remember whose match that was where someone self-destructed while their opponent did nothing.

Top Bottom