• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Good job rickerdy and dont worry im sure me and praxis dont mind. i have a few more match's coming out soon of me vs red halberd. i lost to him but i hope they would be useful or something....

And welcome to the peach boards Cant touch this. ummm well to me when i play peach its because its who i feel most comfortable with and i also feel most confident in. Listening to what others think in this situation doesnt seem like a good idea.

CantTouchThis

Smash Rookie
OMG im so alting peach after watching your vids Kyon! You freaking beat m2ks metaknight and allys snake... peach owns thats all i have to say.

toad stops licking peachs ***** long enough to come and and say GTFO and goes back in licking again and the parasol comes out of her ***... duh everyone knows this get with it

xD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I am cursed with depression once again. I got rid of this **** in 2008 after having it for 9 years. And now I have it once again. ****ing great......What a joy 2010 is so far.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Everyone gets depressed every now and then, it's completely normal.
This is not some normal thing. its an actually illness or w/e they call it these days. I was being stubborn with my Doc, and my independent living counselors here. Cause I refused to believe after getting rid of the crap, I dare have it again. Time I stop trying to be superman and just admit it.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I am dealing with depression too, Dark.

It sucks. :( I've been taking antidepressants since October 2009. It's been getting better, but it's a longer process than I anticipated. :o

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
awwwww sad people ='[ i hate depression they say i cover up the fact that im rlly sad by being super happy....but....if...im not super happy then...i feel supppeeeerrr depressed and like i wanna die...If you don't see me smiling and Im deep in thought it isn't ever very good thoughts ...just sharing

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
awwwww sad people ='[ i hate depression they say i cover up the fact that im rlly sad by being super happy....but....if...im not super happy then...i feel supppeeeerrr depressed and like i wanna die...If you don't see me smiling and Im deep in thought it isn't ever very good thoughts ...just sharing
When im with you, your always happy =)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I am dealing with depression too, Dark.

It sucks. :( I've been taking antidepressants since October 2009. It's been getting better, but it's a longer process than I anticipated. :o
They keep telling me to get on those pressants. But I don't want too. I dont think I have a choice in the matter anymore and might just take. At this point I don't care what happens to me anymore. I'm gonna let the docs hit me with w/e they want.

I could not even go to work today cause it went out of control. I woke up at 2am not being able to sleep and had so much **** running through my head. And there was nothing I could to in order to fix it. If I had went to work like this, I would have gotten fired, or worst.

And what makes this more of a pain is that I had to fight it off for 9 years. Now I have it yetagain, so I have a for more long years to deal with it again. I dare question what twisted game god is playing with me.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You don't want it, at all. People have died or nearly died cause of it. You are a complete different person with it.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
They keep telling me to get on those pressants. But I don't want too. I dont think I have a choice in the matter anymore and might just take. At this point I don't care what happens to me anymore. I'm gonna let the docs hit me with w/e they want.

I could not even go to work today cause it went out of control. I woke up at 2am not being able to sleep and had so much **** running through my head. And there was nothing I could to in order to fix it. If I had went to work like this, I would have gotten fired, or worst.

And what makes this more of a pain is that I had to fight it off for 9 years. Now I have it yetagain, so I have a for more long years to deal with it again. I dare question what twisted game god is playing with me.
[COLOR="#FFCBA"]Depression sucks. People often think it's juts a combination of feelings of sadness, low self-esteem, lack of enthusiasm etc., but really it's not that simple. It's hard to describe really... it's a bit like being trapped inside a small glass dome that separates you from the rest of the world, and you hate the way that your mind works.

I'm not sure if what I have can be defined as depression or not. Like, if you don't like how you think through things, and plan life around when you intend to commit suicide, but feel fine in terms of how you view life, are (usually) relatively content, no sleeping/eating problems etc.?[/COLOR]

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I been like this ever since my stuff was stolen in the summer. But it was not to bad. it just got worst each month. I just never wanted to accept thatI have it. So I was just ignoring it. But I can't anymore.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I'm sure I have it, but never went to have it diagnosed. I started taking St. John's Wort 3x a day which helps me a lot, all of the negativity and ideas just don't hang around as easily. I used to hold onto stuff and it would eat away at me, but now I experience it, and it goes away.

I got through it before the St. John's Wort by staying busy (schoolwork and games) but if I ever had time to think about myself it would always get progressively worse. I got through the day by telling myself that I would like to live long enough to be happy, and feel free, and that I at least deserved that much before I did anything stupid (stupid to everyone else, not stupid to me at the time.) I'm glad now, because I feel that I "made it out" and became a stronger person because of it.

It was pretty bad, I was suicidal, and every problem I had just felt that it could be solved most easily by killing myself. I would cross streets with my eyes closed everyday, and cry every night. I made plans on how to kill myself without anyone noticing, and how to do it at a time when, if anyone noticed, it would be too late. This went on for some years, with falling asleep usually letting me let go of how I felt, and I could start the next day just regularly depressed, and not suicidal. I decided that I needed help when I woke up, and I was still suicidal.

But yeah~ things are better now. I have everyday worries, not-so-everyday worries, but they don't get me down as much as they used to. I still take the St. John's Wort 3x a day, and regular exercise makes me feel good. I stay busy with work and nursing stuff so I feel like, if I have a bad day (for whatever reason), I'm still making money and educating myself to be the person I want to be. As long as I'm feeling like I have progress going on somewhere in the background, I have something to make me feel "accomplished" all the time. I have my days (...or sometimes weeks :x) where things aren't feeling right and I feel like I'm not in control, so I force myself to do something (usually the treadmill) that makes me feel good about myself.

I still don't think I'm the happiest I can be, or live the most exciting, fun-filled life, but I think I'm getting by for now. I think I'm one of those self-improvement people lol

hiROI

Smash Lord
Demain, je commence jouer au tennis.
Vraiment? :D J'adore le tennis, mais je suis trèv occupé.

I used to be depressed when I was younger (13-15 years old) for something that happened to me. But I was finally able to come one with me and things have gotten better. Yes, everyday I get reminded of the event and it brings me down, but I learned to fight it back.

EDIT: Kyon, THE SPICE GURLS WILL TAKE WHITE PCH FOR A DAY FULL OF FUN AND IMAGINATION

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Wow White and Dark, you two go through a lot of **** (don't know any other way to say this ;o)

Heh.. white and dark... it's the name, I'm sure of that. Change it to something like Yellow Peach and everything'll be all right ;d.

:053:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wierd thought. Or maybe the names were giving for a reason. I was depressed long before I joined the boards in 06

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
Hey Dark.Pch could you help me out?

I have been useing the regular colored peach for awhile now and want to change it to either red, blue or green because i do singles and teams equally. Also is there any way that you could make me a sig that has jigglypuff and peach in it and has my name in it. I just htink your sig looks good and just wanted to know if you could make me one? Its fine if you dont have time to, im just asking.

i got to go to the store for some stuff (eggs, milk, bread... it seems like we run out of them 3 things like way to fast xD) I'll be back in like 30 min or so. Cya soon :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hey Dark.Pch could you help me out?

I have been useing the regular colored peach for awhile now and want to change it to either red, blue or green because i do singles and teams equally. Also is there any way that you could make me a sig that has jigglypuff and peach in it and has my name in it. I just htink your sig looks good and just wanted to know if you could make me one? Its fine if you dont have time to, im just asking.

i got to go to the store for some stuff (eggs, milk, bread... it seems like we run out of them 3 things like way to fast xD) I'll be back in like 30 min or so. Cya soon :)
I dont make sigs

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
I asked for the color green, blue or red peach... what did your teacher not teach you how to read. Go back to school.

Nah im jking, oh and i already picked green for myself. Mainly because the green jigglypuff looks better than blue and red so i'll just use green peach aswell.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I get depressed whenever my brother comes into town (which ironically was this weekend). It's not that I hate my brother, I actually like him. It's just he's the literal opposite of what I am (better looking, better with girls, more athletic but not a thought in his head).

It's not that I wanna be dumb it's just his presence reminds me of everything good that I'm not.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I get depressed whenever my brother comes into town (which ironically was this weekend). It's not that I hate my brother, I actually like him. It's just he's the literal opposite of what I am (better looking, better with girls, more athletic but not a thought in his head).

It's not that I wanna be dumb it's just his presence reminds me of everything good that I'm not.
You are a smart guy, one of the smartest i've known at your age...that's so valuable in life. You'll be fine buddy. I don't think you'll have any problems getting girls but even besides that, you should focus on what you are good at, chances at the same things that make you weak in those areas make you really good at something else.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I just got some antidepreasents. Man this is gonna suck. I might dissapear from these boards for about a week or 2.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Play him in smash then feel better about yourself :DD
He always beat me before I went competitive but ever since I did I haven't lost a match :D
It was fun for like 3 matches and then it was just boring lol

You are a smart guy, one of the smartest i've known at your age...that's so valuable in life. You'll be fine buddy. I don't think you'll have any problems getting girls but even besides that, you should focus on what you are good at, chances at the same things that make you weak in those areas make you really good at something else.
Thanks, that actually means a lot to me. It doesn't mean much when it comes from your parents since they'll love you no matter what xD

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman

How old are you Metatian? Assuming you're still 17 like your profile says, just wait until college starts. I used to feel the same way you do during high school. Perhaps my emotions were not directed towards an older brother, but the point I'm trying to make is that you shouldn't be so harsh on yourself when comparing yourself to others. We are all unique and we all have our own individual characteristics we excel at. Sure your brother might have the looks, body, etc., but like you said yourself, you got the brains. Assuming you are doing well in your classes, then knowledge is invaluable in our day and age.

Moreover, being athletic is something tangible. In either case, it shouldn't matter. Be yourself. I know it's easier said than done, but I've learned that being yourself is what matters most. Trust me, there are people or more specifically girls out there who will find you attractive.

Yes. Good advice.

Top Bottom