• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Nursing School :p Part of it is lecture, where you learn theory/concepts~ Part of it is lab, where you learn and demonstrate competency in skills~ Part of it is clinical, where you basically work for free while getting practice :)

That being said, I loved anatomy and physiology (a pre-req before nursing school) because it pertained to what I was learning. We studied so hard for those tests and practical exams. I never learned so much that was so interesting.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Oh yeah nursing school is a completely different story - you are giong to school for a specialized field, and the whole school is just for that field. I was simply referring to a standard college/university :)

Your situation is actually pretty awesome.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
With anime boston coming up, im gonna be cosplay as Albert Wesker. additionally my friends colleen and eric are going as Jill Valentine and Leon =D ill take some photos of us being awesome

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
It doesn't really happen until you start working lol. A lot of classes at college are like BS classes that are filed under your major but don't have much to do with your major at all =/
Yeah.. I hear that a lot from people! I'll be in college soon so I'm prepared to do something like that. But some of the classes sounds like a lot of fun!

@White-Peach, Nursing school seems really interesting! I really love the medical field, but I don't think I can become a nurse. But I hope it works out well for you!

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I'm planning on becoming a doctor, but I have 3.25 years of high school left to decide :)

And on a side note, YAY spring break started today :D :D :D :D
Are you guys doing anything/Did you do anything? (if you have/had spring break)? I'm going to Italy for like 10 days. Should be fun :D

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
A doctor is a good choice! I originally wanted to become one as well, but with so many years I was afraid about having money to pay it off. I'm not exactly rich at all and no money was set aside for me so I'll be starting on my own. So it's best if I probably did something little. Maybe Physical Therapist Assistant.
And Italy sounds like a great time! Take tons of photos! I'm also on Spring Break but I'm just going to play Smash and hang out. XP Nothing too awesome like Italy!

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
ill be doing nursing as well but for animals or rather vet tech ^^, Im still in high school tho xD but yay spring break time to catch up on lots of anime :3

Nursing School :p Part of it is lecture, where you learn theory/concepts~ Part of it is lab, where you learn and demonstrate competency in skills~ Part of it is clinical, where you basically work for free while getting practice :)

That being said, I loved anatomy and physiology (a pre-req before nursing school) because it pertained to what I was learning. We studied so hard for those tests and practical exams. I never learned so much that was so interesting.
Physiology is pretty interesting (that is similar to psychology right?), but what is there interesting at all about anatomy :confused: I get really uncomfortable when you start thinking about tubes and needles piercing the body :(

Oh yeah nursing school is a completely different story - you are giong to school for a specialized field, and the whole school is just for that field. I was simply referring to a standard college/university :)

Your situation is actually pretty awesome.

@White-Peach, Nursing school seems really interesting! I really love the medical field, but I don't think I can become a nurse. But I hope it works out well for you!
A doctor is a good choice! I originally wanted to become one as well, but with so many years I was afraid about having money to pay it off. I'm not exactly rich at all and no money was set aside for me so I'll be starting on my own. So it's best if I probably did something little. Maybe Physical Therapist Assistant.
And Italy sounds like a great time! Take tons of photos! I'm also on Spring Break but I'm just going to play Smash and hang out. XP Nothing too awesome like Italy!
I'm going to school for nursing too :)
Considering everyone is revealing their career choices and opinions, why don't we continue.

What is everyone's future plans?

Mine is mostly get through Madison with Physics and maybe a minor in Astrophysics.

Xyless

Smash Master
Pretty much a toss up between sound design, programming, and web design. Maybe voice acting if I ever got around trying to find out how to get in the industry at all.

Pretty much a toss up between sound design, programming, and web design. Maybe voice acting if I ever got around trying to find out how to get in the industry at all.
I love you now simply because you are not doing something relating to medical :laugh: There are way too many people getting into medical these days :confused:

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
I have no idea what I'm doing with my life. D:

I also get the feeling that some people at this place are as nonconforming as can be for the sake of conformity.

So glad I dodged that phase in life.

EDIT: Becoming a general physician is your best choice for college these days. If you become a general physician, and sign a contract to work in an understaffed area of the US, you get 80% of your college loans waived.

...Though then again, that may have been something the Republicans removed from the healthcare bill and related stuff.

And on the subject of breasticles.

She's quite perky.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I'm planning on becoming a doctor, but I have 3.25 years of high school left to decide :)

And on a side note, YAY spring break started today :D :D :D :D
Are you guys doing anything/Did you do anything? (if you have/had spring break)?
I wanted to pursue medicine, but for all the wrong reasons (other people wanted me to do it, money). Good luck, I hope you chose it for all the right reasons!

I'm not in school anymore, but I currently work in an accountant's office, so we have a vacation after the tax season ends (2-3 weeks off). I'm planning on sleeping a lot x) And getting back into FFXI and applying for nursing jobs!! :D

I'm going to school for nursing too :)
Good luck! It was really unlike any other learning experience I ever had. It was like war! During the orientation, they had us look to the person to our left, then to the person to our right. "One of them isn't going to make it through the program." Scary! But you get to experience interacting with people who want your input, who want your time. It isn't like any other job where they see you as a roadblock to something they want. It's really special I think.

Physiology is pretty interesting (that is similar to psychology right?), but what is there interesting at all about anatomy :confused: I get really uncomfortable when you start thinking about tubes and needles piercing the body :(

Considering everyone is revealing their career choices and opinions, why don't we continue.

What is everyone's future plans?
Physiology pertains to how something works. Anatomy is just what it is and how it is put together. Anatomy is cool because you learn about yourself, things you would never know! Like, how the placenta is composed of chunks, and you have to make sure all chunks are present after it is delivered because otherwise, they could stay in the uterus, prevent the uterus from contracting on its blood vessels, and the woman can bleed out and die in <5min. Count your chunks!

I want to be a hospice nurse because I feel something special (I think this is my passion!) for death/dying. Like, when people know they're going to die, and just want to live their last months/weeks/days/hours/minutes/moments without pain or discomfort, at home with their family. I want to be able to help people through this time. I mean, people are eager to help a woman deliver a baby, or save a life... but there's a fear of dying, a stigma that alienates the dying from the healthy that pushes people away. I just want to be there so that, if nothing else, that person doesn't pass with feelings of loneliness and abandonment. I think it is important, so I wanted to become a nurse so I could participate in this kind of care.

I also like home health nursing because, like hospice, I like the idea of visiting people's homes to help them, instead of having them stuck in the hospital where they aren't comfortable. I want to try home health care because there were nurses who visited my grandfather to help him with his daily life and to check up on him regularly, before he died. I think people really appreciate the extra help, guidance, and reassurance that the home health nurse provides.

I like nursing, in general, because I like client care. I like being able to help people, and I want to develop skills to take with me in my life so that if something tragic were to happen, I would be prepared to help those in need, especially people I care about. As nice as it would be to be able to work the **** out of a computer and build a really nice system, being able to care for my family when something happens means so much more to me. I don't want to feel powerless when something happens, I want to be able to make a change.

I like to cook/bake a lot, and people have told me that I could work in that kind of business, but I never wanted my "fun" to be taken away from me and turned into a "job." Taking a "want to" and turning it into a "have to" takes the fun out of everything. Besides, I can be a nurse, and go home and still cook/bake everyday.

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
My random input on nursing.

You'll hate Doctors.

Every nurse I've encountered has found majority of the doctors they are forced to work with to be incredibly condescending. You will receive little to no recognition for doing a good job, your doctor will. You're a tool to them, and can and will be treated as such.

Well, nine out of ten nurses agree anyway. And the tenth just can't get upset with anyone...

GOOD LUCK! <3

~Fin~

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
Ohhh college and career discussion?

I am going to school to become a social worker. I got two semesters to go. The last one I am basically shadowing a social worker the whole time to get experience in the real world. Also, I'm taking a social work class in May in London. :3

And I like how everyone is trying to find out why Meno got banned. It is so shocking. :p

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Few people really dig deep enough to upset me because I really don't care what other people have to say (look at my lifestyle :D). Call me Miss 10!
And that attitude could get you fired. You are their *****. Their tool. You are expendable. If you fall another will rise to take your place. Etc.

Though you're going to be working in a hospice environment, I have no idea about that really...

ApplesOfDoom

Smash Journeyman
I want to be a Nurse(a male nurse ;)) or a Pharmacist... haven't chosen yet...
Actually if I could reach for the stars I would want to become a surgeon. :x
I have an unusual "bond" with organs.. seeing them doesn't scare me or stuff.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
And that attitude could get you fired. You are their *****. Their tool. You are expendable. If you fall another will rise to take your place. Etc.

Though you're going to be working in a hospice environment, I have no idea about that really...
I work for the patient, not the doctor. If I don't agree with what the doctor says, I don't agree. I will not blindly follow an order that I disagree with or anything that makes me uncomfortable. You don't get fired for advocating for your patient's well-being. Everyone is expendable in this world, at least with nursing, you have a license and a trade to sell your skill. And a shortage to purchase it readily. I will not hesitate to question a doctor under any circumstances if I do not feel personally comfortable with his order. If he's so confident about it, he can tell me why I need to do/give something, how it works, and correct my misconception. Failing that, he can do the task himself.

Anyways, this had to do with not letting people get under your skin. I'm strong enough as a person (like I said, look at my lifestyle) to be confident in my own decisions for my own reasons. I don't need the recognition of others to realize that I've done a good job.

With hospice, the nurse really has control. The nurse does everything afaik, except write their own orders (but we can make requests) for medications. The MD is basically the mentor to the whole operation, whom the nurse turns to for any questions they might have that exceeds their own knowledge. The MD with hospice situations basically decides, with a peer, how much time a person has left. If they demonstrate clinically that they have less than 6mo (i think) to live, they are eligible for hospice care, which is paid for by the government.

I'm nobody's ***** unless I want to be rawr :3

Edit: I have this same mentality for my current job. People can get mad all they want, if I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing, nobody can fault me. People try to, but **** them. People can get mad, make threats on my job, but **** them. I went to school so I have a skill. I don't need any individual job to support me because I went to school to learn a profession with flexibility and job security. Nobody can ever take that away from me. I know where I stand and nobody can make me think that they have control over me because I took the necessary steps to attain peace of mind.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I plan on majoring in Ecology, not entirely sure on the career though. Mabey environmental consultant for the state or something that pays well lol.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
yay white peach telling it like it is ^_^
Thats mah homegurl fo yah.

HOLLA BACK AT ME WHITE-PEACH.

btw White and i shall combine our powers at Apex and hopefully become the peach commentators for any peach thats on Live stream

Moozle

Smash Champion
So I was on Chatroulette for the past 3 hours talking to this guy with my friend. He was from Munich Germany and he was soooooooooooooooooo nice. After 3 hours my friend accidently exited out and we have been searching for this guy because we forgot to ask for his Facebook. Ughhh I seriously feel like I lost a friend.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Do you have his name at least? You could try searching for it using a filter (Munich) in facebook.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I want to be a Nurse(a male nurse ;)) or a Pharmacist... haven't chosen yet...
Actually if I could reach for the stars I would want to become a surgeon. :x
I have an unusual "bond" with organs.. seeing them doesn't scare me or stuff.
Hot.

We can be male nurses together ;)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
IMO:

From left to right: hiROI, ???????, Air/Kyon, Peachkid, White-Peach

You can't have Air and Kyon together.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I wish I could get *****...........

And Dekuu, Air has to be baby spice. he is too much of a goodie 2 shoes and always runnining the fun. He does nothing bad or dares go over the line.

Top Bottom