• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
today was definitely a bad day

my wii broke
my brother threatened to kill me with a knife
i got denied by University of Texas Dallas with a 1740 SAT score

:/

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
1740 seems a bit low (all 600's would be 1800, which I think is around that mark for "above average"), is that your first score or have you already taken it multiple times?

z00ted

if you're talking about AP tests, I took the English one and got a 4 on it.
I thought it was pretty difficult.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Nahhh, not APs. A lot of Ivy League colleges require you to take "SAT Subject Tests", which are like 1 hour SAT-like tests of certain subjects. I'm probably doing the Bio and Math SAT 2s this year

Speaking of APs, I have an AP Bio test on Monday O_O Considering out of the hundreds of people who took it last year in my school and only like 3 people got 4's, it'd be pretty embarassing if I didn't get a 5 xD

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I know of the SAT subject tests, but I don't think I ever took any of them. I only got 3s and 4s in my AP's : \

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
AP testing is ridiculous. I only passed English and government out of the 6 classes I took lol. Maybe that's because I never studied for them. Thankfully that cut 12000 words out of the writing requirement I have. Pass those AP English courses! You'll be grateful later! I know I wish I had taken AP English in 12th grade too. But no, I went and took AP Physics and AP Euro instead. With block scheduling I could only take 4 AP classes per year. Those tests DEFINITELY need to be studied for if you intend to pass them (and you should try to pass them! it's easier if you get those stuff out of the way so that you don't have to take them in college).
lloD, if you're worried about the SAT, then you should sign up to take the PSAT. That gives you a good indication of what it's like and how you'll score.
Oh, and I've heard that it's easier to do better on the ACT. I'm sorry you got rejected Ill... Maybe you could try taking the ACT instead. What year are you in?

edit: OHHHH, SAT 2. Never mind then! I thought you were talking about the SAT lol. I've never taken that. Good luck with your AP Bio exam!

z00ted

Speaking of APs, I have an AP Bio test on Monday O_O Considering out of the hundreds of people who took it last year in my school and only like 3 people got 4's, it'd be pretty embarassing if I didn't get a 5 xD
wait

wattttt

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
AP testing is ridiculous. I only passed English and government out of the 6 classes I took lol. Maybe that's because I never studied for them.
I never studied for mine either.

We only had 3 though, Chemistry, Calculus and Literature/Composition.

I got 5, 5 and 3 respectively. I felt like I needed blow actual chunks of my brain out onto the essay portion of the AP lit exam to get a 5 on it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
AP tests are a waste of my money.
None of them even gave me credit for the college I went to.
I got 4 or 5 classes worth of credit out of my tests so... my college was fine with them.

Kinda depends on WHAT AP classes you took and how you did on them though

Nordal

Smash Lord
Yeah, my APs got me out of taking any math at all, ever. I will never have to take a math class again unless it's grad school. Then again I got 5's on my AB and BC calculus exams

I will never have to take math again

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Hello, all.

I have a PSYC final tomorrow. I really liked the class and the professor. It's a damn good subject.

:peach:

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I go to a nerd school, so everyone is expected to take as many APs as they can lol.

I'm planning on taking:
Sophomore (this year): Biology
Junior: BC Calc, US History, Spanish Lang
Senior: Stats, English, Government, Spanish Lit

I don't think I have room for any more lol

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
never took APs. just ditched and failed my entire junior year 'cept driver's ed. ended up going to community college during summer, winter, and senior year too. A 1-2 month college class would make up for a year of failed hs credit in that subject so basically I made up all my missing credit, graduated, and had like 20 units of college credit by the time i finished hs lol. **** aps

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I passed all my AP test.
It's just that the College I went to said that because I switched to a private school half way through my senior year they lost things and were unable to get them from my old school.
Or some bull**** like that.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I passed all my AP test.
It's just that the College I went to said that because I switched to a private school half way through my senior year they lost things and were unable to get them from my old school.
Or some bull**** like that.
ummmm.... AP credits get passed directly from the AP boards to the college of your choice. That was always my understanding.

At least retaking classes you already tested out of pads your GPA

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Ah, school work, a topic I can very much empathise with.

I'm lucky enough to be in the last year to not have to pay 9k a year tuition fees (which I realise is still peanuts compared to American unis). Tough offers though - AAA for my firm choice and AAB for my insurance (lol). I'll be <i>really</i> gutted if I don't get in this year tbh. The problem is that regarding studying, I feel like I've hit my peak way too early - the first exam isn't for 3 weeks, yet I feel like I know everything. :urg: Literally, when I try and force myself to read through the stuff, my brain keeps saying, "You know this, you know this, you know this". :urg: I'll be glad when these damn exams are over.

P.S. Why is that exams are still handwritten? Honestly, how often do people still handwrite stuff in the world of work anyway? (Save for signatures, obviously)

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm a freshman. :) Lots of people take AP stuff here, but I don't plan on killing myself. The only class I'd want to take is AP Spanish IV junior year. Maybe AP Science stuffs.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
AP classes are actually not that bad as long as you aren't terrible in the subject, and they're pretty easy compared to college classes. You're also not actually required to take the AP exams, though it'd be silly not to unless you don't think you'd get your 4/5 (or whatever your target college needs to give credit).

Top Bottom