• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
yami is really creative but it's painful to watch how his opponent's allow him to dance around like that.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
aight cool thanks =]
and omg the best decision to main peach ever, because now I will get to see C.S. Dinah more. coolest name ever

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Yeah, trust me lol.

Dair doesn't stop your momentum at all. It can get you out of hit stun, but the move lasts too long for you to do anything afterwards. Ask Illmatic when he first played my Peach. I lived to like 190% and he ****ed because of my DI. lawl

:peach:

Nordal

Smash Lord
I generally Uair when hit horizontally and Dair when hit vertically. C stick Dair automatically fastfalls so even if it isn't technically as good as fast fall Uair, it's still not that much worse.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Well, actually the major difference is that Uair has the animation that shifts Peach's body and stops her momentum. It's sort of a toned down version of Donkey Kong's side B in the air. The animation causes him to stop.

Peach's Dair doesn't do anything. It can get you out of hit stun fairly quickly, but you have to wait for the other 3 kicks before she can do anything to save herself.

So in actuallity, Dair is pretty bad compared to Uair.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Well, actually the major difference is that Uair has the animation that shifts Peach's body and stops her momentum. It's sort of a toned down version of Donkey Kong's side B in the air. The animation causes him to stop.

I will ask you again.

Where do you get this information from? Don't tell me by 'just looking', because I can't see any divergences in the animation. It's the usual thing.

And this "Dair lasts too long" is not true. It only lasts two frames longer, but at least you can automatically fastfall while having optimal DI (at which Peach is good).

:052:

¿Qué?

Smash Champion

I will ask you again.

Where do you get this information from? Don't tell me by 'just looking', because I can't see any divergences in the animation. It's the usual thing.

And this "Dair lasts too long" is not true. It only lasts two frames longer, but at least you can automatically fastfall while having optimal DI (at which Peach is good).

:052:
Just because the boards don't have the information on this doesn't mean I'm incorrect.

When she kicks up with Uair her body definitely does shift in the air, causing you to slow down momentum. Also, 2 frames longer( imo) seems to be a bit much. Instead of questioning me, you should maybe turn on your Wii, and try it for yourself. The boards do to many blind call outs without knowing if they're really correct. Also, I'm not the only one saying it. I'm not saying that something is correct in a majority vote, but it definitely means something.

Nordal

Smash Lord
Just because the boards don't have the information on this doesn't mean I'm incorrect.

While the sentence is true, you have no factual evidence to back up your claim. Have you thoroughly tested it? I don't believe Uair acts as some sort of break (like second used toad does), and I'd suggest you act a little less confident about the matter until its been tested and (dis)proven.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I was gonna post this in the Zelda social, because Gaga is popular there, but I didn't wanna double post so..... anwyay, who all has seen the new Lady Gaga music video?

Judas

I like it loads better than the "Born This Way" music video. As well as being less viscerally disturbing, it's more colorful, the imagery is pretty neat, actually (and, no, it's not sacriligeous) and the dancing, while simple is actually good.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
@ stingers: Not really, I haven't seen anyone doing it, although you may be able to find some kind of use yourself. It doesn't sound like a bad idea to use toad once you have been sent off stage, in order to be able to momentum cancel if you may be hit afterwards without having hit the ground. Doesn't sound very practical though.

4 frames longer, I thought?
Ah, you're right about that, sorry! Still IMO the fastfall and the fact that you can fully focus on your DI without it being screwed by the fastfall input/waste of second jump makes up for it.

When she kicks up with Uair her body definitely does shift in the air, causing you to slow down momentum. Also, 2 frames longer( imo) seems to be a bit much. Instead of questioning me, you should maybe turn on your Wii, and try it for yourself. The boards do to many blind call outs without knowing if they're really correct. Also, I'm not the only one saying it. I'm not saying that something is correct in a majority vote, but it definitely means something.

Do it yourself. I'm not pulling this out of my ***. I've tested this a looong time ago and none of it has ever confimed your theory. I used to Momentum Cancel with Uair, but Dair worked better with the reasons given in the Tactical GD.

:053:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gonna go to a school brawl charity event tomorrow and clean up using only Peachy to win. <3

Also I liked the Judas music video and was rather surprised about it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
theres a tourney this weekend and next, but Im not going to either x.x not only does my peach need a lot of work before I can use her in tourney, but I dont rly feel like going to a tourney in the first place lol

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
New person becoming a peach main as well? =O

Hiii Stingers. I remember you from DGames.

And I'll try to clean up because I should actually show the FB group because they are hoping I get the flu or like there is some way I can't go. It's rather funny because on a competitive level I'm not good but in my school I'm revered. xD

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha thanks Nordal. ^^ I'm a HUGE NBC fan and I absolutely love Oogie Boogie.

Actually I don't think there's a charrie I don't like. I have like posters, the cds, the movie, and usually I have something NBC when I leave for school.

xD It's like the thing I am the most obsessed about.

Nordal

Smash Lord
The Nightmare Before Christmas is something quite acceptable to be obsessed with

Is it true that they're making a sequal to it?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
omg dinah
if you got that sig
but
with a giant picture of dinah in the background
you'd be like...the coolest mother ****er on the planet

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
........what? They are making a sequel? o_o That would be insane and I would love it most likely though I love the classic original.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Dair is probably better vertically (if you aren't playing perfectly 100% of the time), but horizontally uair is better.

THOR IS THE WORST MOVIE EVER!!!

Top Bottom