• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Peach-Marth is NOT fun to play.

Peach-Falco is fun to play!

z00ted

King Beef I think you underestimate Peach vs Marth. I'll have to beat you with my Marth when you come to HOBO 31.

z00ted

it's ********.

PeachGuard if you're straight, you can't love Vinnie. I'm the only straight Peach main that can love Vinnie.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I'm so happy tomorrow is friday. I also went avi hunting on google image search. Turns out the japanese spelling for charmander brings up some pretty cool images.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
King Beef I think you underestimate Peach vs Marth. I'll have to beat you with my Marth when you come to HOBO 31.
That's not going to happen; only Pierce has been able to beat me in a set...any other Marth not at least on his level will get the **** (Haze did in friendlies but that's irrelevant). You all severely overestimate the matchup broski.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Hello Peach's!

I was wondering if you would all be willing to test something out for me

Basically, I was looking at the Event matches in 1p mode ages ago and thinking 'you know, it'd be cooler if there was more of these' so I had a think up of some event matches that they could have included

Recently, I've been watching Dissida/Dissidia Duodecim videos and I noticed that a forum dedicated to them have designed their own 'event match' style missions and have a point system based on completing the event (mission) and bonus points for completing extra challenges within the event

So I thought 'ooooh why not combine the two for Brawl?' and came up with this idea

Before I made a thread on it though, I kind of wanted a few other people to see if they thought it was a good idea, and what better people to ask than you lot? :p

So please, I ask that you give these a try and let me know what you think ^^ this is just a sample of what I have in mind - I have ideas for nearly all characters + extra events for any character

Initial points rewarded for a successful event = (CPU level * 100) + (Difficulty * 100)

:kirby2:

Adding salt to the wound
Difficulty 3/10

Beneath his plushy, marshmallow like exterior lies a cruel, callous personality that many have not seen in Kirby before. When fighting, Kirby is not the kind to just get on with the job - oh no, he likes to see his opponents think they stand a chance or that Kirby is giving them another chance in battle, when in reality Kirby's desire is to watch their hopes be crushed by building them up and breaking them down. Time to make someone's blood boil with rage!

Objective
When an opponent is falling to certain doom with absolutely no chance of recovering, summon Cook Kirby to save them...and then watch as the they are sent flying to their death upon the cooking pot's release

Rules
- 1 Stock
- No Stock Timer
- Smash Balls are allowed. Any other items not mentioned are forbidden
- Stage is Final Destination. Any other stages not mentioned are forbidden
- Any opponent
- Opponent must be killed via Final Smash

Extra
U mad bro? - Don't get hit or grabbed +200
Mad salty - Set Stock at 2 rather than 1 (losing a stock results in failing the event +200
I ain't even mad - Final Smash hit does not kill opponent -300
FUUUUUUU - Opponent breaks Smash Ball before you do -400
Butterfingers - Have Smash Ball knocked out of you -100

:peach:

Space simulation
Difficulty: 6/10

It's tough being a princess. Getting kidnapped is one thing but keeping up with the latest royal trends can really put the strain on things!
Deciding she can't let Rosalina one up her as a princess, Peach has come to the decision to show her space salt and master the low gravity arts by proving just how easy it is to fight in the cosmos!

Objective
-Defeat any enemy using only Floating aerials
Rules
- 3 Stocks
- No Stock Timer
- Items set to None and Off
- Aerials only
- Shielding/dodging is allowed
- Any opponent is permitted
- Any stage is permitted
Extra
Could it be magic - Opponent is Ness or Lucas +100
It's just like the real thing - Stage is Lylat Cruise +300
Cheating yourself - Initiating an aerial whilst not Floating -10 per attack
Missing the point - Performing a Ground attack -10 per attack

:wario:

The true form of time wasting
Difficulty: 7/10

Doing a bunch of minigames isn't as fun as it look, especially when the pay sucks. I mean, they're MINIgames for crying out loud!
To help pay the bills, Wario has taken up an ad posted by some guy or girl (or something, the message wasn't very clear) called Giggles (or something similar) seeking characters who would be willing to take advantage of a time machine having to warm up for minute (I know right?) give some kid that they don't like a few punches, but don't finish him off because that'd be greedy and Giggles wants to have the final battle because he's a final boss apparantly. Dirty work, but who cares - you're Wario remember? Just make sure this kid doesn't do you in whilst you're doing your job, otherwise you won't get no pay!

Objective
Win against Ness via a timeout with a Stock lead
Rules
- 2 Stocks
- 1 min Stock Timer
- Any Stage permitted
- Opponent must be Ness
- Losing a stock results in failing the event
- Removing all of the opponent's stocks results in failing the event

Extra
Untouchable - Don't get hit/grabbed +100
Confidence in your abilities - Have a handicap set at 300% for yourself +300
Fresh for the taking - After removing 1 stock off Ness, do not hit or grab him for the remainder of the match +200
Tricky terrain - Stage is Wario Ware (completing or failing the minigames does not affect this event) +100
Clutching at straws - Fail to kill Ness within the first half (30 secs) of the match -100
Not quite what I had in mind... - Have more than 5 ledge grabs in the match -300

:zerosuitsamus:

All in a days work
Difficulty 9/10

When she's not fighting intergalactic menaces, Samus prefers to spend her time as model for photography and in paticular for still life painting classes to show her love for art
Upon seeing her work, a rather slimy character has approached Samus and asked if she would consider steering her 'assest' into another form of 'art'. Enraged by this suggestion, Samus does what any normal bounty hunter would do and decides to kick the crap out of this greasy freak. Unfortunaetly, her plan was to fight the Mother Brain after the class had finished and so she's brought her Power Suit which, as we all know, tends to disintegrate if left unattended. Fighting the Mother Brain is going to be pretty tricky without a Power Suit and especially without an Arm Cannon so it looks like Samus has got some juggling to do - and no, definitely not that kind of juggling!

Objective
Defeat the dirty pervert whilst keeping at least the Arm Cannon Suit Piece in play

Rules
- 2 stock
- No Stock Timer
- Items are set to None and Off
- Any stage permitted
- Opponent must be Wario, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf or Snake
- Losing all Power Suit Pieces so that they no longer are in play results in failing the event

Extra
Not just a pretty face - Suit Pieces are in play when the match ends +100 per Suit Piece still in play
Picturesque - Stage is Hanenbow +100
Blank Canvas - Stage is Pictochat +400
You dropped something - Opponent knocks Suit Piece out your hands -100
Pass the disinfectant - Opponent picks up a Suit Piece -100
I needed that! - Opponent throws Suit Piece off the stage -200

Please try them out and let me know what you think :p Thankyou!

z00ted

That's not going to happen; only Pierce has been able to beat me in a set...any other Marth not at least on his level will get the **** (Haze did in friendlies but that's irrelevant). You all severely overestimate the matchup broski.
None of these players understand Peach like Nicole, you, Kyle, and I do.

I'll definitely show you why we have a clear disadvantage.

I think I beat you in a friendly like a year ago, haha.
LOL

Hello Peach's!

I was wondering if you would all be willing to test something out for me

Basically, I was looking at the Event matches in 1p mode ages ago and thinking 'you know, it'd be cooler if there was more of these' so I had a think up of some event matches that they could have included

Recently, I've been watching Dissida/Dissidia Duodecim videos and I noticed that a forum dedicated to them have designed their own 'event match' style missions and have a point system based on completing the event (mission) and bonus points for completing extra challenges within the event

So I thought 'ooooh why not combine the two for Brawl?' and came up with this idea

Before I made a thread on it though, I kind of wanted a few other people to see if they thought it was a good idea, and what better people to ask than you lot? :p

So please, I ask that you give these a try and let me know what you think ^^ this is just a sample of what I have in mind - I have ideas for nearly all characters + extra events for any character

Initial points rewarded for a successful event = (CPU level * 100) + (Difficulty * 100)

:kirby2:

Adding salt to the wound
Difficulty 3/10

Beneath his plushy, marshmallow like exterior lies a cruel, callous personality that many have not seen in Kirby before. When fighting, Kirby is not the kind to just get on with the job - oh no, he likes to see his opponents think they stand a chance or that Kirby is giving them another chance in battle, when in reality Kirby's desire is to watch their hopes be crushed by building them up and breaking them down. Time to make someone's blood boil with rage!

Objective
When an opponent is falling to certain doom with absolutely no chance of recovering, summon Cook Kirby to save them...and then watch as the they are sent flying to their death upon the cooking pot's release

Rules
- 1 Stock
- No Stock Timer
- Smash Balls are allowed. Any other items not mentioned are forbidden
- Stage is Final Destination. Any other stages not mentioned are forbidden
- Any opponent
- Opponent must be killed via Final Smash

Extra
U mad bro? - Don't get hit or grabbed +200
Mad salty - Set Stock at 2 rather than 1 (losing a stock results in failing the event +200
I ain't even mad - Final Smash hit does not kill opponent -300
FUUUUUUU - Opponent breaks Smash Ball before you do -400
Butterfingers - Have Smash Ball knocked out of you -100

Space simulation
Difficulty: 6/10

It's tough being a princess. Getting kidnapped is one thing but keeping up with the latest royal trends can really put the strain on things!
Deciding she can't let Rosalina one up her as a princess, Peach has come to the decision to show her space salt and master the low gravity arts by proving just how easy it is to fight in the cosmos!

Objective
-Defeat any enemy using only Floating aerials
Rules
- 3 Stocks
- No Stock Timer
- Aerials only
- Shielding/dodging is allowed
- Any opponent is permitted
- Any stage is permitted
Extra
Could it be magic - Opponent is Ness or Lucas +100
It's just like the real thing - Stage is Lylat Cruise +300
Cheating yourself - Initiating an aerial whilst not Floating -10 per attack
Missing the point - Performing a Ground attack -10 per attack

:wario:

The true form of time wasting
Difficulty: 7/10

Doing a bunch of minigames isn't as fun as it look, especially when the pay sucks. I mean, they're MINIgames for crying out loud!
To help pay the bills, Wario has taken up an ad posted by some guy or girl (or something, the message wasn't very clear) called Giggles (or something similar) seeking characters who would be willing to take advantage of a time machine having to warm up for minute (I know right?) give some kid that they don't like a few punches, but don't finish him off because that'd be greedy and Giggles wants to have the final battle because he's a final boss apparantly. Dirty work, but who cares - you're Wario remember? Just make sure this kid doesn't do you in whilst you're doing your job, otherwise you won't get no pay!

Objective
Win against Ness via a timeout with a Stock lead
Rules
- 2 Stocks
- 1 min Stock Timer
- Any Stage permitted
- Opponent must be Ness
- Losing a stock results in failing the event
- Removing all of the opponent's stocks results in failing the event

Extra
Untouchable - Don't get hit/grabbed +100
Confidence in your abilities - Have a handicap set at 300% for yourself +300
Fresh for the taking - After removing 1 stock off Ness, do not hit or grab him for the remainder of the match +200
Tricky terrain - Stage is Wario Ware (completing or failing the minigames does not affect this event) +100
Clutching at straws - Fail to kill Ness within the first half (30 secs) of the match -100
Not quite what I had in mind... - Have more than 5 ledge grabs in the match -300

:zerosuitsamus:

All in a days work
Difficulty 9/10

When she's not fighting intergalactic menaces, Samus prefers to spend her time as model for photography and in paticular for still life painting classes to show her love for art
Upon seeing her work, a rather slimy character has approached Samus and asked if she would consider steering her 'assest' into another form of 'art'. Enraged by this suggestion, Samus does what any normal bounty hunter would do and decides to kick the crap out of this greasy freak. Unfortunaetly, her plan was to fight the Mother Brain after the class had finished and so she's brought her Power Suit which, as we all know, tends to disintegrate if left unattended. Fighting the Mother Brain is going to be pretty tricky without a Power Suit and especially without an Arm Cannon so it looks like Samus has got some juggling to do - and no, definitely not that kind of juggling!

Objective
Defeat the dirty pervert whilst keeping at least the Arm Cannon Suit Piece in play

Rules
- 2 stock
- No Stock Timer
- Items are set to None and Off
- Any stage permitted
- Opponent must be Wario, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf or Snake
- Losing all Power Suit Pieces so that they no longer are in play results in failing the event

Extra
Not just a pretty face - Suit Pieces are in play when the match ends +100 per Suit Piece still in play
You dropped something - Opponent knocks Suit Piece out your hands -100
Pass the disinfectant - Opponent picks up a Suit Piece -100
I needed that! - Opponent throws Suit Piece off the stage -200

Please try them out and let me know what you think :p Thankyou!
This is an amaaazing idea!

Make a thread! This idea will explode (in my opinion). Allisbrawl would probably be extremely friendly towards this.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I'm so happy tomorrow is friday. I also went avi hunting on google image search. Turns out the japanese spelling for charmander brings up some pretty cool images.
Me too. Me too. Though not really. I hoped to hang out with best friends I haven't seen in ages but I have a stupid long essay I have to do. Either way, any day is better than today. Today sucked. /:

I should try that japanese thing.

Edit: Rick, that's a cool idea. Go for it! :)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
None of these players understand Peach like Nicole, you, Kyle, and I do.

I'll definitely show you why we have a clear disadvantage.
True but it works both ways. None of us also play Marth at their level.

This clear disadvantage is nothing more than your current difficulty against Marth swaying your judgment, I assure you.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm pretty sure Peach vs Marth is a clear advantage for Marth.
I'm also pretty sure it's not a major one.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
This is an amaaazing idea!

Make a thread! This idea will explode (in my opinion). Allisbrawl would probably be extremely friendly towards this.
Edit: Rick, that's a cool idea. Go for it! :)
Ditto. :132:

I thought it was pretty cool thread idea too.

Thanks :D Would any of you mind having a go at some of them? The Kirby one is really easy and you guys being Peach mains will probably find the Peach one reasonably easy aswell but the Wario one may take a few tries and the ZSS is an absolute nightmare when the CPU is lvl 9 and the stage is Pictochat
Let me know how many points you get on your first go :p You can retry them all as many times as you like xD
I will probably make the thread later today, do you guys have any recommendations as to which board I should create the thread, both on SWF and AiB? Would I be better off just doing it on AiB do you think?

I want to try and make the challenges fun but also not easy at the same time. I also need to think about some variety I can put in - it's not good if the conditions are always 'don't use paticular set of moves'
Hopefuly if it kicks off I can make up some challenges that will also help players tech skill and move onto harder, more advanced things

These things don't normally fuss me but I couldn't help but watch that and smile xD

Also 2000th page, get at me

Top Bottom