• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Urg.

So I'm suddenly might not be going to Pound... again.

I got into my Photography class and a camera is required by the end of the semester.

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
Liking a series for fanmade stuff is not really liking the series.

even if i didn't like it it gets way too much attention.....
there is not one thing ever kept a secret for the games and every single detail must be told in excruciating length.
Finally i have a good enough feeling i would get more hate for hating pokemon on a SMASH site than the hate i would get for hating smash..... that's just X.X

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Yeah it's all fan made, but what's the difference? It's Pokemon. Why is it silly to like a series for its art and fan-made stories?

I guess it comes down to the fact that you don't like it that much so you think it gets too much attention, whereas I love it so I think it deserves the attention :p

Edit: I also like how true this is :p

Omg This hahaha!

Moozle

Smash Champion
Liking a series for fanmade stuff is not really liking the series.

even if i didn't like it it gets way too much attention.....
there is not one thing ever kept a secret for the games and every single detail must be told in excruciating length.
Finally i have a good enough feeling i would get more hate for hating pokemon on a SMASH site than the hate i would get for hating smash..... that's just X.X
Well that makes sense considering half of the community hates Brawl lol.

I don't like it for fan-made stuff, I just really like the fan-made stuff as well. I would still consider it liking the series though. Like if I see an awesome picture of Hariyama, I think about how much I love Hariyama. It makes me appreciate the series more because it makes me admire how much potential it actually has.

I'll stop arguing now though since I know everyone is sick of hearing how much I love it :)

Edit: Air this is what I was talking about. I took it right before PK and I heard you yelling at your mom about your closet. Didn't crop it because I know you love looking at Angelina Jolie lol.

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
that the thing where ash gets ***** by gaint stone worm pokemon?
i didn't mean silly in a childish way but in a really silly way.
also liking a series for fan made stuff is not really liking said series......

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
explain flame....
People who love the mods of brawl don't claim to love the actual brawl but rather the fan made version. That is was i mean when i say liking a series for fan-made stuff is not really liking the series, but rather the fan-made stuff...

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Second Generation of Pokemon will always be my favsss. Despite their horrible addition of Pokemon 223, it's pretty fun. Particularly the extra eight gyms you get to battle in after the Elite 4. Pretty nice add on, I think.

Moozle - Oooooh, okay lol. And can we not say "yell" I didn't yell at her, I just had to talk loudly, hahaha.

Moozle

Smash Champion
It was more of an exasperated moan/whine ^^

Demi-Peach your example doesn't really work. People who like mods of Brawl but not Brawl like the game for it's fan made content. I like games for their fan made content, but I also happen to like the games themselves. Pokemon fan art has gotten me to like the series more. When I see good fan art, I appreciate the series. I like the series because of what it has created (even if it was unintended). The series and the fan made stuff are the same. Idk how many different ways i can put it :p

You're pretty much saying that when I eat a cheeseburger made by Bobby Flay and enjoy it, I'm not actually enjoying a cheeseburger because Bobby Flay didn't invent the cheeseburger.

lol i know i said i would stop but I lied

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
explain flame....
People who love the mods of brawl don't claim to love the actual brawl but rather the fan made version. That is was i mean when i say liking a series for fan-made stuff is not really liking the series, but rather the fan-made stuff...
Touhou series' backbone is the fan-made things.

The amount of fan made material [usually high quality], DWARFS the amount of official material.

its not uncommon from someone to like only the fan-made aspects [The Music, The Doujin (both SFW and NSFW), The Fan-Games]

there is A LOT of touhou secondary material.

but anyway

to refute your logic

you can still love the smash series in general and LOVE the fan made versions more then just vbrawl if you're one of the many that appreciate and love Melee and Smash 64.

You can hate brawl and still love smash.

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
i didn't say anything about not being able to love both, i just said if you love one it doesn't mean you love the other.
Also i didn't say you can't love the fan-made stuff more than the main stuff....

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Dear peach mains,

I want a hug.

That is all.
<_<
*huggles*

I don't think you're scary :>

everyone else is just weird~

btw demi you were implying you couldn't with your attitude about it.

well at least it looks like that expressed with your type-style

at least its not as hard to read and dumb as mine tho :seuss:

Xyless

Smash Master
explain flame....
As one of the lead developers for Minus, I love both normal Brawl and Minus equally (hence why we haven't actually derived very far from Brawl's physics and such). Next time maybe you should get your facts straight ;)

And to explain the Touhou thing a little better than words, here's a video that is 100% fan-made and still amazing even if you don't know the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzEUeWnV73U

Then, follow that up with another video that is also 100% fan-made, which is pretty much the same animation, but stop motioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=240Vq6tIxio

Touhou is pretty much the pinnacle of derivation as far as video games goes.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
People born in 2011 can apply that stupid list to their births. I think everyone else should just think of themselves how they originally were. Since technically, we were born into that sign at the time.

:mad113:

Yeah.

And not to sound inappropriate, but my arousal zone is still my inner thighs.

Don't worry Air, you're still a two faced Gemini to us. <3

Nicole

Smash Champion
well i used to be a virgo but it didnt fit me at all and i hated it. i always assumed i was and should be a leo because that one is close to my bday and it seemed to fit me way better.

and it turns out i AM a leo! so i like that thing....

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
well i used to be a virgo but it didnt fit me at all and i hated it. i always assumed i was and should be a leo because that one is close to my bday and it seemed to fit me way better.

and it turns out i AM a leo! so i like that thing....

Now your arousal zone is your back!

When you do it, you like to be on top!

Congratz. :3

Top Bottom