• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Anyway we could get like a PSN/XBL list of account names people have on the first post or something?

Anyway mine's: "L-W-X" (without the quotations, obviously), and I tend to play Noel, Ragna, and Litchi with my third (I believe). Haven't bought Valkenhayne or Makoto yet though.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
yeah a list would be cool, they have one for the blackops thread and it works really well

ill add you too livewire

ill ask jungle too since hes my MI bud

k minato I added you, how do we play each other lol ive never had a friend match before

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Hm, well it certainly LOOKS like she does the 22C and then the 22B for 2 shots. Not sure what combination that actually is, but that's how it looks, lol.
22C pops them up, and 22B just damages, right? So if you 22C first, they'll probably hit the ground before you can 6C.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I know. It's just amazing how even looking at her old matches, R-1 would be kicking *** with all sorts of shenanigans that we'd never even THINK of trying, and making it seem like it was as easy as the basic A>6A>9>jA>jB>j9>jB>jC>Revolver Blast combo, when it's really the most complex thing in the world.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hm, well it certainly LOOKS like she does the 22C and then the 22B for 2 shots. Not sure what combination that actually is, but that's how it looks, lol.
No, he's actually doing 22B and then doing 22BC immediately after. That's the Haida Loop.
i figured it out, make a room and invite ppl on your friendlist

gg minato, unfortunate connection but thats a good noel you got
GG, and thanks. But I guess I'm lucky Noel has an advantage on lag as opposed to Hazama.

Also, I decided to do training again. I got two reps of the Haida Loop in 10 mins. :)
I've only tried it on Bang since it's easy on him.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
For some odd reason, I always thought the Haida was the 66C>22C loop type thing. My bad. Yeah....I'm behind on the terminology and stuff and haven't been checking dustloop stuff nearly as much as I should. Plus, doesn't help I have no printer to print off the combos, lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
For some odd reason, I always thought the Haida was the 66C>22C loop type thing. My bad. Yeah....I'm behind on the terminology and stuff and haven't been checking dustloop stuff nearly as much as I should. Plus, doesn't help I have no printer to print off the combos, lol.
You're actually kinda right. Basically you get them into a combo where you can start the Haida Loop like from her command throw, 3C, etc. Then you do 22B>22BC>66C and repeat and then end your combo.

My friend would like using it for damage and positioning. So he'd always get me into a Drive combo into the Drive's 6C, then command grab off of that and do the Haida Loop. That really sucked. lol

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Apparently, there are four categories for haida loop:

Easy:
Bang, Tager, Hakumen, Arakune, Rachel, Jin
- go for 4 reps

Tricky:
Carl, Noel, Lambda, Litchi, Ragna
- go for 3 reps

Not worth it:
Taokaka, Hazama
- go for 2 reps

Impossible:
Tsubaki
- one rep at the right distance

Don't know if that helps.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Isn't there essentially an infinite juggle with Rachel? Or am I imagining things.

Either way, I feel like an idiot for calling myself a Noel main and not being an expert on this stuff.

Rawnie

Smash Champion
Hi. I'm just another Noel main. I second Rachel.

I have CS for PS3. :3

I'd like to play some of you guys sometime.

Haidas online are ***.

Yeah. :urg:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Isn't there essentially an infinite juggle with Rachel? Or am I imagining things.

Either way, I feel like an idiot for calling myself a Noel main and not being an expert on this stuff.
Nope, there's no infinite since if you do anymore reps, they'll tech out of it.
And just practice 3C 22BC [66C 22B 22BC]x4 on Bang. That's all I did.

I spent a few more minutes after eating dinner and got it down to 4 reps on him.
I just focused on working on just one thing before putting it together.

Not like it'll matter soon with BBCSII, but it still helped me on execution.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I feel like playing BlazBlue tonight. If anyone wants to play let me know. Rawnie, hey there!

ShatteredSound is my PSN. /moseys off to go online later

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Played my friend at MvC2 and BBCS for the past long while. His Noel is still really good.
I used to have a lot of issues, but now it's evening out. My Rachel can beat him, but I mostly went Tsubaki. Tsubaki needs better mixups. :mad:

Is ending Noel's Drive combo with Bloom Trigger always safe on block?
He always ends his blockstrings with that if I didn't get hit.

And thanks, Lythium, for that list for characters getting hit by Haida Loop.
Knowing that I couldn't be hit by that as Tsubaki was nice. If I'm Rachel, say goodbye to 4000 life. :(

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I am pretty sure you can throw out a jab before the Bloom Trigger comes out.

For the OP, XBL: BlackMageKnight

EDIT: If he is using Noels Drives in a block string you could most likely DP through that pretty easily.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I guess I'll test it out. If not, I'll probably have to instant block the hit before it.

Also, I decided to check the front page and saw my post. I planned on wanting to main Rachel and Nu. LOL
I would've been called such a tier wh*** if that happened, so I'm glad I just stuck with Rachel.

Anyway, Lythium should already have mine, but my PSN is Izanagi_XIII.
Unfortunately, I don't have BB for 360.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Speaking of that, what's a good way to end a blockstring with Noel's Drive? I've kind of programmed myself to use Bloom Trigger. Is Assault Through any good?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'll work on adding everyone's tag to the OP.

Is ending Noel's Drive combo with Bloom Trigger always safe on block?
He always ends his blockstrings with that if I didn't get hit.

And thanks, Lythium, for that list for characters getting hit by Haida Loop.
Knowing that I couldn't be hit by that as Tsubaki was nice. If I'm Rachel, say goodbye to 4000 life. :(
No problem. :)

Bloom Trigger isn't exactly safe, in terms of frame data (it's -13 on block), but it pushes your opponent far enough away that it's mostly safe. The safest move to end a drive string with on block is Optic Barrel, but you could probably DP out of it. I'm not sure.

I am pretty sure you can throw out a jab before the Bloom Trigger comes out.

EDIT: If he is using Noels Drives in a block string you could most likely DP through that pretty easily.
Not always. Depends on which drives you're using. Some have huge holes in them, but some are pretty tight.

If you hit someone with a 5D, and they block it, 5D > d.6A > d.6C > d.6A > d.6C > 236D works really well for me (even if it's a poverty blockstring), and pretty safe. And if they block the whole thing they lose two primers. I use this all the time against a Jin player and if he tries to DP out, he gets hit.

But yeah, that's not to say that all drivestrings are tight, because they're definitely not. If someone was spamming drive, you could definitely DP out of it.

Speaking of that, what's a good way to end a blockstring with Noel's Drive? I've kind of programmed myself to use Bloom Trigger. Is Assault Through any good?
Bloom Trigger is always safe. Assault Through is safe, but if you hit with it, and you're not in the corner, it will send your opponent skidding to the other side of the screen, effectively negating any pressure you had. Also, it only has invincibility on its start-up, so once that wears off, any opponent worth his salt will throw you out of it, and you'll end up eating a nice fatty combo. It's a good mixup, but use it sparingly.

I'm not sure, I usually end with Spring Raid out of habit.
Spring Raid is the best one to end a drivestring with if you hit with it, because you can combo after it. However, if your opponent blocks it, it's extremely punishable.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I am just going to make a quick correction here, I don't main Hazama (I don't even alt him), I main Makoto.

Fake but not really edit: I know, my avy is misleading, but Hazama just goes so well with the lime colour and Snivy.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Ah, my bad. I'll fix that right away.

I've updated the OP, so if I've made any mistakes, just let me know. Likewise, if you'd like to be added to the list. :3c

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
u just better not get predictable with assault through especially if i ib the move before it otherwise free 360/720.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I have calamity trigger on xbl : Turazrok

:c

I can't play hazama in CT

Main : Hazama

Sub: Rachel

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My friend sometimes does the Assault Drive thing just to catch me off guard. It used to before because of the lag, but after awhile, it's not that hard to even block with lag. Plus by the time you realize they're on the other side of you, you'll end up IBing it in time anyway. So I wouldn't really suggest Noel users to do that.

But yeah, whenever I face my friend's Noel, he'll usually get me into a drive combo, to d.6C>214A to Haida which my R-1 does which does a ton of damage. And if he has 100 heat to waste, he likes doing a Bloom Trigger to RC to Distortion Drive. Even omitting the Haida, it did a lot on my Tsubaki.

Noel isn't a problem for me anymore life before though. Now I just need to learn fighting Tager with Rachel and Tsubaki.
And Platinum still isn't here yet...

Oh, and nice job on the opening post Lythium.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Vs. Tager as Tsubaki.

Run the **** away. Charge D. Spam D moves.

That's literally all you can do. Everything else comes at a great risk.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Vs. Tager as Tsubaki.

Run the **** away. Charge D. Spam D moves.

That's literally all you can do. Everything else comes at a great risk.
pretty much sum it up right there. the best attempt to even leave a dent on tager is 22D fully charged. u better hope the tager has s***ty reaction.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
PSN: RMG8S
Main: Lambda

I don't think you can put anybody besides Lambda down for me yet. My Bang is terrible, my Tager is also terrible, and I really don't practice anyone else. I also rarely play this game tbh.

Top Bottom