• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I hate hate hate learning them. >_<
XD They're not too bad. Just spend time in Training to learn them.
And look up the good BnBs on Dustloop instead of trying to use the flashy ones in Challenge.

Just go learn the Haida Loop and you'll be set.
Until BBCSII probably
Regardless, I still recommend learning it. My friend got it down so quickly.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
And look up the good BnBs on Dustloop instead of trying to use the flashy ones in Challenge.

Until BBCSII probably
It's actually kind of a pain for me to learn it as I usually tend to fumble all the 66 parts of it. And I can never use the ones in challenge anyway since A. the CPU recovers stupidly fast and impossibly from stuff, and B. I don't have an HD TV so I can't even read the freaking button listings showing and there's no FAQ with them listed. :(

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Going to NEC with no practice, only gonna play in teams. CS makes me angry, I wanna play GG and try AH3 ^__^.

Patch the damn game so I don't get pissed off IBing, and my character ***** cause of it lol.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Going to NEC with no practice, only gonna play in teams. CS makes me angry, I wanna play GG and try AH3 ^__^.

Patch the damn game so I don't get pissed off IBing, and my character ***** cause of it lol.
lolmegalate, but good luck!

"Turning into"? He's always been like this. He's not really trolling though, just complaining.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
well then... i'll likely be available to play this weekend. if u want to play PSN is Koopa_Klawz

Yoshara

Smash Lord
If anyone was curious as to what the track list for "BlazBlue Song Accord #2 with Continuum Shift II" was gonna be, here it is:

01 Shinsou (Deep Blue)
02 Alexandrite ~Butterfly Sky~
03 Memory of Tears ~Don't Look Back~
04 pinky promise
05 Alexandrite
06 Howling Moon
07 Active Angel
08 Comedy
09 Uprising
10 Premonition
11 splash
12 RUN
13 re:stung
14 Lakeside
15 Breeze
16 sword of doom
17 Audience ~Ressurection Empress~
18 DIMENSION SHIFT
19 Shinsou (Deep Blue) -Instrumental-

Copied and pasted off of the BB OST discussion thread on Dustloop.

I am pretty curious as to how the Alexandrite vocal theme will sound, seeing as it doesn't really sound like lyrics would fit in it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Jam, your Litchi's good lol. I'm kinda getting used to your blockstrings but that pole overhead tricks me every now and then since I'm expecting another low hit sometimes.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Gah, so sorry about making you wait Minato. Got distracted.
No problem. I decided to just go through Training Mode with a lot of my characters for awhile.
I'm holding my arcade stick a bit differently just to see if it works better.

Some things are easier while some other thing take a little getting used to.
I used to hold it with my ring finger and pinky at the bottom of the arcade stick. Now I just have only the pinky there.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Harms, you're too late. I left my PS3 at home over break so I could study.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
What? No. I just changed my major to education last year. I still have a long way to go before I'm a teacher.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Anyone have some suggestions for a relatively cheap stick/pad?
Hori Fighting Sticks are really cheap, but really low quality. Wouldn't recommend them at all, it would probably break after a few months of frequent use. I would get a Madcatz SE, to be honest.

While I don't think it's more off-topic than "My Japanese Coach", point taken. So uh...how bout those BnB Noel Drive combos?
I'm learning a new one right now! :D

If everything comes together nicely, I'll be able to do 4.2k. Or perhaps 5.2k, if my opponent's in the corner, and I have 50 heat.

Well, if you want a cheap stick you could get a Madcatz SE (about $60) , but I would suggest getting a Madcatz TE (about $150) instead, due to the longevity and quality of the parts used in it.

FAKE EDIT: It's also pretty easy to replace the parts/art of the TE if anything gets damaged/you just feel like it.
I agree that the TE is better overall, but it's still cheaper to get an SE and mod it. And it's actually easier to mod than a TE. Not that a TE is hard to mod, but still.

I hate hate hate learning them. >_<
Noel study group? :O

Until BBCSII probably
Yeah, Noel's combos aren't too bad. They don't have any really hard parts, except her haida loop and silencer combos are pretty execution heavy, not gonna lie. And Noel's challenge mode combos kinda suck. I didn't bother learning them.

I still haven't learned how to haida loop. It's pretty darn hard. :I

But they're apparently taking it out of CSII, I think.

It's actually kind of a pain for me to learn it as I usually tend to fumble all the 66 parts of it. And I can never use the ones in challenge anyway since A. the CPU recovers stupidly fast and impossibly from stuff, and B. I don't have an HD TV so I can't even read the freaking button listings showing and there's no FAQ with them listed. :(
They are better combos to learn anyway, imo. And dashing is the hardest part of any Noel combo. Seriously. The timing is pretty strict, and it's not easy, especially if you're playing on a stick.

Dacidbro

Smash Rookie
Actually, ironically, a test was recently conducted comparing a recently made Hori stick to the Madcatz TE, and it was found the the Madcatz was less reliably inputting on the first frame. In this test, several wires were routed to make a single input press through both the Madcatz and the Hori at the same time; The hori "player" would counter hit the Madcatz "player" almost every time, or it would trade.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Weird. But good to know.

Do you know which Hori stick it was, by any chance? 'Cause, not gonna lie, HRAPs are good, but HFSs are pretty much garbage.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Was gonna say, my HRAP is serving me pretty well. Comes with a Sanwa stick, and the buttons aren't too bad, though of course I'm replacing them. :p

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
If anyone was curious as to what the track list for "BlazBlue Song Accord #2 with Continuum Shift II" was gonna be, here it is:

01 Shinsou (Deep Blue)
02 Alexandrite ~Butterfly Sky~
03 Memory of Tears ~Don't Look Back~
04 pinky promise
05 Alexandrite
06 Howling Moon
07 Active Angel
08 Comedy
09 Uprising
10 Premonition
11 splash
12 RUN
13 re:stung
14 Lakeside
15 Breeze
16 sword of doom
17 Audience ~Ressurection Empress~
18 DIMENSION SHIFT
19 Shinsou (Deep Blue) -Instrumental-

Copied and pasted off of the BB OST discussion thread on Dustloop.

I am pretty curious as to how the Alexandrite vocal theme will sound, seeing as it doesn't really sound like lyrics would fit in it.

Daw I was hoping for Active Angel vocal. It was made for little girl singing.

This will have to do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVbovCAGal8

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Jam, your Litchi's good lol. I'm kinda getting used to your blockstrings but that pole overhead tricks me every now and then since I'm expecting another low hit sometimes.
Thanks. Yeah, I do the same block string pretty much. Also, I can't do Litchi's big damage bnb going from left to right on the screen for some reason lol. This is the first time I've ever played a fighting game and preferred to be on the right side.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
In response to Lythium's thing about the Noel BnB's, I admit I'm a bit out of practice, but one thing that I've never even been able to get CLOSE to getting or even figure out how to do is when in combos I see them do like, the 22C silencer, and then like the 22B one, but have it only shoot like, twice instead of the typical 5 times so they can continue the combo.

Turazrok

Smash Master
How good is valkenhyn?

I saw some vids and his bnb combos seemed to do ludicrous damage, but that's not a good way to judge people.

As I only have CT, I thought I'd ask you guys.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
In response to Lythium's thing about the Noel BnB's, I admit I'm a bit out of practice, but one thing that I've never even been able to get CLOSE to getting or even figure out how to do is when in combos I see them do like, the 22C silencer, and then like the 22B one, but have it only shoot like, twice instead of the typical 5 times so they can continue the combo.
I think you can do it like, 22BC. So you input the 22, hit B, then hit C. The B is for the damage, and the C pops them back up in the air so you can continue to combo. I'm really bad at it though. :I

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm actually tackling Noel's challenges right now. On mission 8.
A lot of these would be too hard to pull off online due to lag. I'll probably try to learn Haida Loop once I finish these up.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I think you can do it like, 22BC. So you input the 22, hit B, then hit C. The B is for the damage, and the C pops them back up in the air so you can continue to combo. I'm really bad at it though. :I

Oh, that sounds like it might make sense. I've seen 2Gig do it a couple of times against a Tager, and I've seen R-1 do it like it's no trouble at all. Though, I think I've also see her do 22CB as well, if that's possible. Just going off your suggestion about 22BC.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think 22BC is the only one that's possible. Noel's 22C pops them off the ground so you can't do OTG moves again like 22B.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hm, well it certainly LOOKS like she does the 22C and then the 22B for 2 shots. Not sure what combination that actually is, but that's how it looks, lol.

Top Bottom