• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Eddie is S tier in every game except for Slash. Testament is generally trash until AC. Faust and Millia have been consistantly high tier in every game with the exception of XX where they were S-tier.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Weird, after your post I went and looked for one and it actually had Venom and Faust in B and Potemkin in C. Either way, having him do twice as much damage in one hit as your Millia does in 25 (since Millia's not known for having super tank defense) is quite discouraging.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Eddie is S tier in every game except for Slash. Testament is generally trash until AC. Faust and Millia have been consistantly high tier in every game with the exception of XX where they were S-tier.
Did not know that about Faust and Millia, Scamp. I never really followed GG's competitive scene until later iterations.

No wonder people griped about my Faust in Midnight Carnival. XD

Edit:

Could you elucidate as to why they're both considered S tier? I'm genuinely curious.

Smooth Criminal

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Last I checked, the AC tier list is garbage, because it's results based, and nobody plays Guilty Gear much anymore.

This is why 85% of the cast is in C tier.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Last I checked, the AC tier list is garbage, because it's results based, and nobody plays Guilty Gear much anymore.

This is why 85% of the cast is in C tier.
Actually, the reason why a large number of the cast is in C tier is because they are not as good as the characters in "S" "A" or "B" (like every tierlist), but keep in mind that it being AC they are still pretty damn viable and the gap between tiers is not anywhere near like the difference in CS'.

P.S. The latest tier list (was done in April 2010) was done by some of the best players in Japan, where they still actually play the game.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Actually I think part of the reason why much of the cast is in the "C" tier is because most of the characters have a wide variety of good and bad matchups. When you factor that the Japanese play a lot of single-elimination tournaments it makes it much harder to win with that character.

A.B.A. is probably the biggest example of this. Most of her matchups are either strongly in her favor or strongly against her.

Anyway, this is why I like to look at the matchup chart instead of the tier list. Nowadays people tend to think the two are the same thing since matchup charts are often used as a tier list but it's really not the same thing. Honest!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wonder why we haven't gotten a new Guilty Gear tier list after SBO. Don't they usually do a post SBO one?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just decided to pop in BBCS and go to Challenge Mode. I finished up Tsubaki's easily.
Even though I use Tsubaki, it was still a lot easier than I thought.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
Bought CS yesterday and my 360 decides to scratch it for who knows reasons. The game still works tho, i can't see some pics on the gallery and japanese voices online freeze my game. I haven't got Game Protection from gamestop when i bought it, but i hope they will help me.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
So why is it that Bang's command throw is untechable online? It's the cheapest **** in the world when they throw on a purple grab at the end of a combo that magically can't be teched out of.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
*wishes Hazama's command throw had more range*

Chances are, if my crotch has to be touching your face to land the move, and the proration is garbage, it's usually not worth using.

Woo for invincible startup though!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Chances are, if my crotch has to be touching your face to land the move, and the proration is garbage, it's usually not worth using.

BLOODY FA---

GOTCHA!

ANY LAST WORDS?

That's pretty much what happens to a buddy of mine every time he uses that move against my roomie's Tager. XD

Smooth Criminal

Yoshara

Smash Lord

It's a reversal, and it is used to build meter, seeing as proration does not affect meter gain.

EDIT: In fact, pretty much all of Hazama's meterless combos are for building meter.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Aren't command throws always untechable?
You can grab people when they're in hit or blockstun with command grabs. If you do, they'll get the purple exclamation points over their head and they'll be able to tech it if they're paying attention.

Normally, however, command grabs aren't techable.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Whether you are high or low tier in AC pretty much depends on how well you do against Potemkin. Robo's matchup with him is 3-7 (D=), so Robo is in C tier.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Actually, the reason why a large number of the cast is in C tier is because they are not as good as the characters in "S" "A" or "B" (like every tierlist), but keep in mind that it being AC they are still pretty damn viable and the gap between tiers is not anywhere near like the difference in CS'.

P.S. The latest tier list (was done in April 2010) was done by some of the best players in Japan, where they still actually play the game.

We in East Coast also still play the game. Recent tournament vids? Good turnouts? Quality (though not Japanese...) players? Check all 3.

So why is it that Bang's command throw is untechable online? It's the cheapest **** in the world when they throw on a purple grab at the end of a combo that magically can't be teched out of.
Because online play is where the proest of the pro not named Dacidbro play.

Hazama's command grab is godlike. Not just invincibility or meter building. Zidane does command grab Hotenjin and the full combo does 4-5kish and builds the meter back. Untechable invincible grab that does 4k....not worth it?

I remember the first time he did to me. I asked him after the Hotenjin if this is worth it? He said you tell me.....

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hazama's command grab is godlike. Not just invincibility or meter building. Zidane does command grab Hotenjin and the full combo does 4-5kish and builds the meter back. Untechable invincible grab that does 4k....not worth it?

I remember the first time he did to me. I asked him after the Hotenjin if this is worth it? He said you tell me.....
I'm just a scrub at this game, so do not take anything I say all that seriously. I'd like to hear how one does this fancy combo though. :O

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, you can't tech it. But it only works on standing opponents.
That's what I said. :I

I'm just a scrub at this game, so do not take anything I say all that seriously. I'd like to hear how one does this fancy combo though. :O
I checked the combo thread on DL, but I couldn't find anything that started off of a command throw. Watch a Zidane vid maybe?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Wave just confirmed what you said, Lythium. Your post sounded unsure :/

On a side note, how many people like to not tech when Tager combos them? His proration is so bad he'll stop doing damage after a couple of hits, lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
On a side note, how many people like to not tech when Tager combos them? His proration is so bad he'll stop doing damage after a couple of hits, lol.
I throw tech whenever I can. It's better than letting him build meter and ending it with a Gadget Finger.
If you mean regular tech, I still do that. Although, I always freak out when Tager gets me in a combo since I don't know what I should do once I'm out. lol

Edit: Actually, any tips for me on how to handle Tager would be great. Not just for when I use Rachel, but just universal tips on how to deal with him.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
lol, why would I say something along the lines of, "Anyone like getting thrown by Tager and losing health just because?" Of course I mean tech roll, silly. Delayed teching sure beats getting read and then Atomic Collider'd for more damage + less time to abuse magnetism on reset + meter for everybody, yay. btw, I don't really care about Tager with meter unless it's 100. 720 really isn't scary at all to me anymore.

I used to use Rachel in CS until Makoto was released so I can't give especially good advice, but I practice with Tagers all the time. My advice would be to camp him with normals and just flying around, not using projectiles much since Rachel sucks. It's also nice to know that 5B JCs into semi-loopable j.pressure and 3C just plain *****.

My head is empty from universal stuff. Let's have the pros in this thread cover the real tips, lol.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
That's what I said. :I

I checked the combo thread on DL, but I couldn't find anything that started off of a command throw. Watch a Zidane vid from my tournament (Team St1ckbug)
shameless promotion inserted ^____^.

I throw tech whenever I can. It's better than letting him build meter and ending it with a Gadget Finger.
If you mean regular tech, I still do that. Although, I always freak out when Tager gets me in a combo since I don't know what I should do once I'm out. lol

Edit: Actually, any tips for me on how to handle Tager would be great. Not just for when I use Rachel, but just universal tips on how to deal with him.
Don't rush him. Lame him. If you have to do something at melee range, space yourself well. Be aware of when he has Spark Bolt and play around it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm just going to go ahead and LOL at the last few pages without quoting anything.

Anyway, I'll come back to Blazblue after I stop being addicted to Unreal Tournament 3 and Starcraft. XD

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
For any 360 players here, it looks like you will finally be getting Valk on 12/7.

Edit: Actually, that's probably for Japan, US shouldn't be too far behind though.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
For any 360 players here, it looks like you will finally be getting Valk on 12/7.

Edit: Actually, that's probably for Japan, US shouldn't be too far behind though.
I'm glad that Valk is coming out before the CSII release, at least. Even though I'm not on 360.

But seriously.

I got the original game (free iccup version) on my flashdrive, so I can play it at school. :3

I don't have 2 yet.
Still. It's the same reason I avoid Minecraft like the plague.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I played Minecraft for a while, but I stopped; it was just too addicting. :(

Edit: Hey, I'm part of the SSBC dev team (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152960), and we really need some testers who know how a game should be balanced.

I would really appreciate it if some you guys tried it out. Just use joy2key if you want to use a controller with it.

If you like it, just sign up for the forums and post about any balance changes that are needed.

Top Bottom