• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Dacidbro

Smash Rookie
Interesting theory bro. Would explain why such a hero was so terrible before. :urg:

I didn't really capitalize on my time with CT correctly, I didn't understand the pressure/offense/footsies game that well at all, and thought most of my losses were just for the tier.. only when my character was incredibly strong could I realize all the things I was doing so wrong. o-o

Ironic lol

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Interesting theory bro. Would explain why such a hero was so terrible before. :urg:

I didn't really capitalize on my time with CT correctly, I didn't understand the pressure/offense/footsies game that well at all, and thought most of my losses were just for the tier.. only when my character was incredibly strong could I realize all the things I was doing so wrong. o-o

Ironic lol
LOL Then again, using top tier can help you learn a game easily since you spend less time fighting your own character's weaknesses or learning matchups, and instead just improve on fundamentals.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
But at the same time, using top tier can make you improve slowly due to just abusing what makes the character too good and not really learning fundamentals.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I still can't believe the only CS character that appealed to me was Tsubaki. :(
And I'm still waiting on Platinum...

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Tsubaki is playable in CS why wasn't I informed? In other news I got back into Guilty Gear reload Sol is so good. Jumping dust is broken. <_< Thanks for helping me though I figured it out on my own..

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Tsubaki is playable in CS why wasn't I informed? In other news I got back into Guilty Gear reload Sol is so good. Jumping dust is broken. <_< Thanks for helping me though I figured it out on my own..
Nobody cares about #Reload lol. Dat AC.

Probably not, but in all seriousness, only really Rachel mains should be complaining about matchups to us. ;)
Yup, I'm busy complaining about the game :grin::grin::grin::yeahboi::glasses:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've never touched #Reload before. I started with Accent Core right when that was released.
Maybe I should mess around with older GG versions just for kicks.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Clearly Minato is too pro for us.

P.S. It requires a generator to do so, because otherwise you would need to set the colour for each letter individually which would take days.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I've never touched #Reload before. I started with Accent Core right when that was released.
Maybe I should mess around with older GG versions just for kicks.
Play Reload. Pick Jam. Spam 6H.

Play Slash. Pick anyone because the damage sucks.

Play AC. Everyone is so broken that it's balanced. Win!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I've been tempted to pick up Accent Core, but I already have X2 and there's nobody around for me to really play it with on a normal basis anyway, so...

And about Tsubaki, I have to admit that in theory she sounded like a decent idea to me, but I just don't think it works in practice.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Think you could link me to one of these generators??
I just got it from http://www.tektek.org/color/ Just go to Settings if you want to tweak it like having it per line or something.
Play Reload. Pick Jam. Spam 6H.

Play Slash. Pick anyone because the damage sucks.

Play AC. Everyone is so broken that it's balanced. Win!
LOL I didn't know that Jam was that good in #Reload and that damage was low in Slash. I do want to see how good Ky was in Slash though.

Anyway, BBCSII is almost out in arcades. I'm interested to see how the game will turn out.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm not sure if Jam is actually good in Reload, but that's how I used to win. :bee:

Tsubaki could work in theory. Just look at Order Sol. Unfortunately, Tsubaki is not HOS.

She just doesn't have the tools. She only gets decent damage off of charge, but there's no way for her to get charge. Also, her mixup is terrible, and she's got one good poke that she can't follow up. Her combos are also kinda weird to learn.

I blame the hat.

/triedtoplaytsubakiwhencscameout

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Tsubaki could work in theory. Just look at Order Sol. Unfortunately, Tsubaki is not HOS.

She just doesn't have the tools. She only gets decent damage off of charge, but there's no way for her to get charge. Also, her mixup is terrible, and she's got one good poke that she can't follow up. Her combos are also kinda weird to learn.
Yeah, pretty much all this. I think they should just boost her normal damage and give her better mixups and she should be fine. Having her Drive charge a bit faster would be nice since she is sacrificing okis.
I
wish that TKing her 214A could be a proper overhead mixup. That would be so nice...

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if Jam is actually good in Reload, but that's how I used to win. :bee:

I blame the hat.

/triedtoplaytsubakiwhencscameout
Reload Slayer or Eddie too good.

Tsubaki I believe has two issues. The first is that her moves define themselves easily, and are good, but she is one dimensional (for instance, you have one good option for poking, one good anti-air, etc.). The other is that in order to maximize her rushdown and damage, you need charge. But you need to sacrifice rush for charge. Kinda in a way Johnny syndrome from AC, where you likely need to hit the opponent more times than they do you because of the coin.

Remember, Tsubaki even says "please no Order Sol jokes" for a reason :p.

Accent Core is garbs. All you need to do is use eddie or testament. Easy **** is easy.
Trashblue for life!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Poor Tsubaki. So gimmicky. ;-;

Honestly, I'd rather play Accent Core than anything else, but there's no one to play it with really, and the people in my area don't care much for it. Not that I mind BB, but I think GG is more crazy fun. Gotta keep with the times, I guess.

/shrug

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
Ya gotta remember that GG had a billion games and Aksys and Arc systems doesn't learn anything, so you have to wait untill a billion BBs come out.

Then it might be better.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
LOL I didn't know that Jam was that good in #Reload and that damage was low in Slash. I do want to see how good Ky was in Slash though.

Anyway, BBCSII is almost out in arcades. I'm interested to see how the game will turn out.
Ding ding ding ding ding! Congratulations! You have stumbled upon top-tierness! Ky is the best in the game in Slash.

Also never quote Minato. Holy crap that is some craziness.

You know, I'm pretty sure Millia>Eddie and Faust>Testament in terms of status matchups.
Eddie and Testament are considered god-tier in Accent Core. Faust and Millia are high tier. You were talking about AC, yes?

And Jam is really good in Reload. Like really really good. Don't remember exactly why, though. Search for a player named KA2.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Oh yeah, and IMO Tsubaki is actually fine if they would just increase her damage. Like have her do 50 percent more damage except on the combos that do over 4000 already.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ding ding ding ding ding! Congratulations! You have stumbled upon top-tierness! Ky is the best in the game in Slash.
I remember hearing about Ky being top in one of the games, just forgot which.
B
ut geez... Ky and Sol as the two best. That must get old.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Eddie and Testament are considered god-tier in Accent Core. Faust and Millia are high tier. You were talking about AC, yes?

Well, I've only played X2, Reload, and a bit of Slash, and in all 3 of those I've found that to be the case. I find it pretty hard to believe that in that time Millia would go from high A to low A tier, Eddie would go from low A to S tier, and that Testament of all people would go from like mid/low C tier to S tier.

Top Bottom