• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I dunno if I truly represented Ms. Cutting Board as she was just one of several that I played since I don't really feel like I connect with any of the current characters.

Makoto is pretty strong. I don't get most of the complaints about her. Perhaps people are just too used to characters like Bang who basically have no weaknesses.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Makoto's range isn't very good.

That's about all you can complain about. Her damage output and meter building ability is decreased since the space loop is gone, but she still does fine in both those areas anyway.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
pics or it didn't happen
I can't find a vid of it, but it's on the DL loketest change list.

I dunno if I truly represented Ms. Cutting Board as she was just one of several that I played since I don't really feel like I connect with any of the current characters.

Makoto is pretty strong. I don't get most of the complaints about her. Perhaps people are just too used to characters like Bang who basically have no weaknesses.
Fair enough.

And Makoto doesn't do well against characters that have better range than her. And she gets zoned hard. But yeah, she has a DP, and her mixup isn't amazing, but it's alright. She isn't very strong in the air though, because her hitboxes are wonky.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
Her DP is pretty terrible though; H-man can J.2C. through it. Not only that, but her priority is sub-par, with the exception of her J.2C. and jabs. And it's awesome whenever she will parry something, and nothing happens because the move is outside of the parry hitbox.

Her astral is still the best IMO.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I agree with what you guys are saying, but my point is I don't think it's anything to complain about.

Her range isn't great but if her range was great she's be stupid broken. She has the tools to get in on any character but she can't just blindly rush in crazy time.

I think her mixup game is really good. Just stupid simple. Off the overhead you can take about 2000 damage, a knockdown, or insane damage in the corner. Things would be a lot scarier if teching throws wasn't so simple, but that's kind of how this game works if you're not Tager.

Her DP isn't really the greatest thing for anti-air, you're better off doing other options that will lead to more damage. What the DP is great at is taking out blockstrings that have gaps in them which will generally prevent the foe from doing that which gives you more opportunities to get in.

I think the main reason (and I say this with no experience with the new game, of course) that people think Makoto is scary in the new game is that IB-ing is being nerfed. Makoto actually does have decent lockdown and using IB is really helpful in getting out of it. When it's not as good, Makoto gets better.

The Guilty Gear equivalent is Jam, who I always liked to play but could never get good with.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Perhaps people are just too used to characters like Bang who basically have no weaknesses.
This. Characters usually have at least one weakness.
As long as a character has something threatening, they're not bad.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Makoto's DP does ridiculous damage when RC'd. It is very effective to run up to someone on knockdown and DP if you have meter because Makoto's DP has the most invincibility compared to others and it's either 3.5K midscreen or 6K corner.

Makoto's best anti-air is IAD grab btw.

Makoto's mix up game is the same as her character in general. "It's... good... but it's also bad."

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I wish I made a Hazama user ragequit. Though since I use Rachel near all the time, it's not going to happen. )=

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
i made a hazama ragequit during the beginning of CS.

*catches him with 720*

*you've lost connection with your opponent*

ah classic. no match for the power of SCIENCE!

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
If you wait on one side of the screen, he NEVER approaches.

He just stands there doing random moves... menacingly!

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Every time I try to get unlimited Bang I throw poison nails at Tager and wait for random 100-kabillion-frame moves and D through them.

Then I ragequit after losing to Unlimited Hazama for the umpteenth time.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Awesome! I'll definitely learn it.

I do have a question for you though, Lythium. How the hell do I pull off the j. D in the middle of a chain revolver combo? I can never get the timing right. XD

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure you can only use it when you are starting a drive combo, as in j.D is your first drive move, or you can use it after d.5C because it is the only drive move that is jump cancellable.

So, you could do j.D > 6D > 5C > 6B > 236D or 2D > 6A > 6C > 5C > j.D > reset.

Hope that helps! :3c

The timing is kinda tricky though, so keep practicing!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I keep trying to unlock unlimited Hazama, but Unlimited Hakumen just keeps pooping on me. Hazama can do nothing. T_T

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Use Tager. 360s are your friend.
The problem is that he wants Unlimited Hazama, and last I checked, you have to use Hazama for that.

I heard that there was some really good Blazblue players that came from smash anyone can someone filll me in?
The only one I can really recall is Dacidbro, who was getting into the smash scene around the time he started playing Blazblue. Last I checked he doesn't play smash anymore (and didn't really play it for that long in the first place).

Oh, and mabey DaiAndOh.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I heard that there was some really good Blazblue players that came from smash anyone can someone filll me in?
The only one I can really recall is Dacidbro, who was getting into the smash scene around the time he started playing Blazblue. Last I checked he doesn't play smash anymore (and didn't really play it for that long in the first place).

Oh, and mabey DaiAndOh.
[/QUOTE]

Well there's also me. :) And you may as well include everyone in this thread too. (I'm not that good. ;_;)

I don't know much about the players outside of California and where they came from, but you want to add Bang Camero (Plan 9 in Brawl) to that list.

Top Bottom