• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
It's from Panty & Stocking.

I feel your pain, Werekill. I've been playing nothing but Accent Core for a bit, and my timing is all wonky, and I keep messing up my combos. So, I'm a bit rusty. :I
Holy crap, I need to watch that show; it looks great. :3

Yeah, I've been playing GG X2 and Virtua Fighter, so I'm doing pretty bad in BB. :urg:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The thing I sometimes forget when playing BB since I played GGX2 so much is "wait, there's no Millia in this game, I can't airdash twice!" lol.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Man, I wish I could play you guys in GG. GG's just so fun.

That monkey/trial episode was weird. Probably my least favorite from the season so far. :(
Best part of the zombie episode. when they were like. F*** sunavab****, you mother ****er, oh you father ****er

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I actually don't play Bang enough. And I always figured it was entirely dependent on if you got those things out in the air.
Nah, I'm pretty sure those just let you fling Bang around in whichever direction you input.
This.

Bang can airdash twice without any bumpers up. Bumpers are just there for added mobility and better crossups/mixups. Dacidbro uses them really well, so watch some of his videos if you want to see them used.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
They need to give a DLC release date for Platinum already.
Or maybe they'll just wait until they make CS II patch for consoles...

Best part of the zombie episode. when they were like. F*** sunavab****, you mother ****er, oh you father ****er
LOL I laughed at that. Zombie episode was awesome.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
There's a reasonable chance that Platinum won't come out until CSII is out. :I

Which is kind of a shame.

They should probably fix Valk for 360 first though.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
They need to give a DLC release date for Platinum already.
Or maybe they'll just wait until they make CS II patch for consoles...

They'll probably just put Platinum in with the balance patch so that they don't have to pay Microsoft extra money for two patches. :/

In fact, I wouldn't really be surprised if they waited to release Valk on 360 until then, too.

Anyway, I watched the first episode of Panty and Stocking, and it was great! ^_^

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
They'll probably just put Platinum in with the balance patch so that they don't have to pay Microsoft extra money for two patches. :/

In fact, I wouldn't really be surprised if they waited to release Valk on 360 until then, too.

Anyway, I watched the first episode of Panty and Stocking, and it was great! ^_^
Such a funny show. Episode 9 comes out the 27th I believe

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'll be switching back to my Panty avatar after Nifty Weekend. Gotta rep the Chen until then.

Anywho, I've been practicing Mu's combos and they're so weird. They always look like they're going to fall apart at any moment.

It's very odd.

/ramble

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Translation taken from the loketest thread:

"Finally the scariest characters from now:

This time's strong characters are Noel, Litchi and Makoto.
Litchi and Makoto are basically the same as before. Noel's 6A is easily
comboed from 5A or j.C. Her j.4D is way too fast, you can barely see it.
Her abare and damage increased drastically. She's quite dangerous now.

Litchi got a new midscreen loop without Mantenbou using [j.B > j.C > j.B > Kote (?)] xN. The loop shouble be able to carry the opponent all the way to the corner and when you get there, you should be able to Daisharin afterwards if you have meter. He says Litchi is actually dangerous at midscreen without Mantenbou right now. "

Makoto being one of the strongest characters makes me really happy, but Litchi basically being the same makes me sad.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Translation taken from the loketest thread:

"Finally the scariest characters from now:

This time's strong characters are Noel, Litchi and Makoto.
Litchi and Makoto are basically the same as before. Noel's 6A is easily
comboed from 5A or j.C. Her j.4D is way too fast, you can barely see it.
Her abare and damage increased drastically. She's quite dangerous now.

My mind just got blown and I swear I instantaneously heard "hallelujah" and "joy to the world" in my head. :bee:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, we would've been happy with just a bit of priority, and moves that the person getting hit with recovers from faster than the person using the move, even if it connects perfectly, that's all.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Old (as in 4 days) but kinda relevent. Taken from the loketest thread:

"Hazama is certainly not as strong as he was in CS, but he can fight just fine.
Particulary, his pressuring in the corner is top notch. The ordinary combos I've got were dealing over 5000 damage (I think he means in the corner?).
A (from D) underwent buffs, I feel it's like a laser (probably quicker startup) what with hitting the opponent (probably from what he sees, can't explain from here)"

LATE EDIT: I won't lie, I mainly posted this for the double Hazama avy/lime text combo.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, we would've been happy with just a bit of priority, and moves that the person getting hit with recovers from faster than the person using the move, even if it connects perfectly, that's all.
Pretty much this.

I don't need or particularly want Noel to be awesome. Giving her normals a bit of priority would be a start though. Except for 5A.

Just found this write-up about Noel on the Noel boards at DL. This is Hellmonkey's take on it, so take it as you will.

[collapse=CSII Noel?]I'm fairly sure whoever was saying Noel is strong just saw those few positives, and doesn't realize that Noel took some pretty major hits as well.

I was reading some of the responses from Noel players who went to the loketest, and this is what I gathered from them.

The changes to her air normals were reported to be almost unnoticeable, except j.a was slightly stronger as an antiair which it is already decent as. Her combo routes in general are just way more limited with no drive 5c jc, nerfed spring raid, changes to the way 22b/c combo, and 5d covering somewhere close to half of the distance it does current in CS.

They did a good job to nerf drive mashing pretty well, but she is still going to struggle with range possibly even more than CS since her drives actually did have fairly big hitboxes while the range on her normals are basically all the same except 5c which doesn't move her forward. 6A being buffed to hit crouching opponents is an amazingly good change, although I have a strong feeling people will overestimate it's value at first because it was so good in CT, before 6C got crazy nerfed, and now that her combo routes and damage are hurting in CS2 this may not end up helping her all that much. I don't see the new gatlings making that huge of a difference in how effective she will be able to run her offense, since getting in and staying in is still going to be a chore with still no real tools particularly useful at it, and especially with a reduced threat of throws due to her not even being able to combo off them midscreen, blocking against Noel is not going to be very scary at all.

j4D is probably the one major buff that stands out as a possible game changer for Noel, but apparently it can't be made ambiguous by hitting through a player to cross up or anything, so it will be fairly straightforward for other characters to learn how to deal with it, from the information so far. This change should actually help her get in on the opponent, so hopefully it turns out usable.

Some other changes that aren't all fully described, including a buff to optic barrel which supposedly makes it slightly better and allows it to be used in a few combos, but really didn't change it's use whole lot. 5B is supposed to hit lower, but someone was testing and it was losing at the tip to jin's 2a and it seems for now like it won't be so hugely improved to deal with most of the other chars better normals from that close-mid range.

I don't know where anyone got the idea that her damage increased in any way from what I read. It seems harder to combo and there will be more situations that meter must be spent to get some decent damage.

So overall, just from the info I've read, it is my opinion that she'll rely a lot more on her normals rather than having to gamble on drives to catch people's moves luckily, which is a very much needed change. The new gatlings and other positive changes to her normal set will definitely make it the more viable choice, but I think she will still have some other major issues with getting in, staying in, and dealing her damage, especially if she ends up still unable to combo meterless from a midscreen throw.

The only real high damage (4k+ level) I saw reported was from corner combos, which she can already easily surpass, she will struggle mostly in midscreen and reaching the opponent.[/collapse]

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Pretty much this.

I don't need or particularly want Noel to be awesome. Giving her normals a bit of priority would be a start though. Except for 5A.

[collapse=CSII Noel?]I'm fairly sure whoever was saying Noel is strong just saw those few positives, and doesn't realize that Noel took some pretty major hits as well.

I was reading some of the responses from Noel players who went to the loketest, and this is what I gathered from them.

The changes to her air normals were reported to be almost unnoticeable, except j.a was slightly stronger as an antiair which it is already decent as. Her combo routes in general are just way more limited with no drive 5c jc, nerfed spring raid, changes to the way 22b/c combo, and 5d covering somewhere close to half of the distance it does current in CS.

They did a good job to nerf drive mashing pretty well, but she is still going to struggle with range possibly even more than CS since her drives actually did have fairly big hitboxes while the range on her normals are basically all the same except 5c which doesn't move her forward. 6A being buffed to hit crouching opponents is an amazingly good change, although I have a strong feeling people will overestimate it's value at first because it was so good in CT, before 6C got crazy nerfed, and now that her combo routes and damage are hurting in CS2 this may not end up helping her all that much. I don't see the new gatlings making that huge of a difference in how effective she will be able to run her offense, since getting in and staying in is still going to be a chore with still no real tools particularly useful at it, and especially with a reduced threat of throws due to her not even being able to combo off them midscreen, blocking against Noel is not going to be very scary at all.

j4D is probably the one major buff that stands out as a possible game changer for Noel, but apparently it can't be made ambiguous by hitting through a player to cross up or anything, so it will be fairly straightforward for other characters to learn how to deal with it, from the information so far. This change should actually help her get in on the opponent, so hopefully it turns out usable.

Some other changes that aren't all fully described, including a buff to optic barrel which supposedly makes it slightly better and allows it to be used in a few combos, but really didn't change it's use whole lot. 5B is supposed to hit lower, but someone was testing and it was losing at the tip to jin's 2a and it seems for now like it won't be so hugely improved to deal with most of the other chars better normals from that close-mid range.

I don't know where anyone got the idea that her damage increased in any way from what I read. It seems harder to combo and there will be more situations that meter must be spent to get some decent damage.

So overall, just from the info I've read, it is my opinion that she'll rely a lot more on her normals rather than having to gamble on drives to catch people's moves luckily, which is a very much needed change. The new gatlings and other positive changes to her normal set will definitely make it the more viable choice, but I think she will still have some other major issues with getting in, staying in, and dealing her damage, especially if she ends up still unable to combo meterless from a midscreen throw.

The only real high damage (4k+ level) I saw reported was from corner combos, which she can already easily surpass, she will struggle mostly in midscreen and reaching the opponent.[/collapse]
Yeah, that's pretty much my opinion too, but it's always fun to have the best character. XD

So 5D is still nerfed? Crap.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Translation from previous Arcadia saying about CS2 character concept:

Ragna: Tuning proration of 2D and 22C so it does bigger damage when used in combos, DS will be buffed as well

Jin: D moves changed and requires even more neat offense to play, this character will be focused on mid-range fight

Noel: She had poor normal moves back in CS1 so this will be changed. Chain Revolvers are changed to be more useful for dodging moves

Tager: "Pulling" factor when magnetized will become even more important, timings of pulling are changed so he should have more options now

Taokaka: She had a very good running-away game in CS1, so rather than that, she will focus more on offensive play in CS2. Also, her moves will be easier to use this time.

Rachel: Tempest Dalia is a better move now. She has more combo options and will do more damage

Arakune: f.g is a much better move now especially useful for far-range zoning

Bang: He will do more stuff in the corner this time, 6A is faster so there will be more combination around here

Litchi: She is tuned to be more balanced about switching between 2 modes. No-stuff mode will be more important this time

Carl: 3D will pull up (reset) opponent from down status so his offense will be buffed, Anima will become better as well in someway

Hakumen: 623A is faster and easier to use in the offense, D moves do less damage but it gain additional meter for him

Lambda: Still tuning, but she will be even more specialized in the spacing and zoning

Tsubaki: She will be significantly better than CS1. She now has a sharp offense due to changes in charge and D moves

Hazama: He can still move around freely and do whatever he wants, 214DA gives him advantage frames on block so it makes him easier to keep pressuring

Mu: She will be focused on guard primer breaking, it will be easier for her to go Oki and set-play this time

Makoto: Her moves' hitstops are changed, so her combo should feel more speedy now, go practice in the console training mode

Valkenhyne: Will nerf some of his broken moves, he will have more options to play with in the corner
Figured those who haven't seen this would find it useful.

Top Bottom