• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'll go for it every now and then, since I almost never use meter. Lithchi's can be comboed into, but I never try that, I just throw it out randomly.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I find that's it's pretty easy to combo into Fenrir, so I rarely have enough meter for an astral.

I'm not so big on saving up meter.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
In response to Werekill, yeah X2 is pretty fun, but I noticed you can't do a bunch of the Millia stuff that I've seen people pull off in Accent Core or even some stuff they do in Slash in it, which kinda makes me sad. However, I remember from playing Slash at my friend's place that the hilarious thing about Robo-Ky is that you can like 6 hit combo just by using his crouching Hard Slash where he launches the rocket, lol.
Haha, yeah, it's really fun! I'm actually maining Millia and Bridget now.

I just went to dustloop and had a good, long lol at most of the people on there. I mean really, there are a ton of idiots on there.

The same thing applies to Shoryuken. Some guy decided to test the "lag" of the ps3 version by using a crappy camera to film how long it took an attack to connect, and he decided to be a genius and do it on an hdtv instead of a lag-free crt tv or a monitor.

The worst part? Everyone was taking everything he said as a scientific "fact" that the 360 version is better. :/

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
So... Does anyone know when Valk will be released on 360? And when is CS II coming to America again?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
So... Does anyone know when Valk will be released on 360? And when is CS II coming to America again?
I believe CSII is coming out in arcades in December. The 9th, I think? So, probably January for the console release.

No idea on the Valk thing though.

So is BBCSII a completely different game that I'll have to buy or will there be a patch for those who bought BBCS?
It's a patch for CS or so we've heard.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's a patch for CS or so we've heard.
I hope they offer a discount or something for those that bought all the other DLC characters.
Or maybe the BBCS II patch only patches characters that you already have and leave DLC characters locked if you haven't bought them.

Either way, I've already spent a lot on BBCS. Hopefully they'll make the balance patch free (wishful thinking).
It would suck for Hazama players to pay for a patch that makes their character bad and Rachel players to pay to make their character more viable.

I'm still waiting for Platinum though.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Haha, yeah, it's really fun! I'm actually maining Millia and Bridget now.

I just went to dustloop and had a good, long lol at most of the people on there. I mean really, there are a ton of idiots on there.

The same thing applies to Shoryuken. Some guy decided to test the "lag" of the ps3 version by using a crappy camera to film how long it took an attack to connect, and he decided to be a genius and do it on an hdtv instead of a lag-free crt tv or a monitor.

The worst part? Everyone was taking everything he said as a scientific "fact" that the 360 version is better. :/
I've heard about the ps3 having more 'lag' than the xbox, but after reading this post is it right to assume that the rumours were false?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I've heard about the ps3 having more 'lag' than the xbox, but after reading this post is it right to assume that the rumours were false?
I quite honestly do not know. The results are so varied that it's pretty much impossible to tell. I'll try it out myself if I can ever figure out a testing method.

It's the same thing with a tv that I'm planning to get; the input lag results are so scattered and unscientific that I'm actually getting the tv now just to get accurate numbers. :/

I heard that the tv also doesn't handle blacks well, but I'll just mount it on the wall so that they won't be able to steal it easily.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So I'm gonna be going under the knife tomorrow for some surgery. I'll have all my consoles hooked up and the like in a room for me as I recover, so I should be able to play more games. Who'd be down for some more BlazBlue fighting times? I'll have a laptop so I can keep up around the forums. ^^b

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I am a few days late on this, but the person who did that used a dual modded TE to test the inputs on both of the systems at the same time, and it was found that the PS3 version runs about 1-3 frames slower (not input lag). The TV did not matter due to the fact that if the were both the same but one was laggier we would have seen the same combo on both, just slightly delayed on one.

On a note about the latest loketest, apparently no character is looking overpowered or underpowered so far, which is a very good thing. Even Makoto, who got hit by quite a few nerfs, still looks pretty strong, and still has some of the highest corner damage

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Considering how basically everyone got buffed... I don't know about that.

EDIT: Oh wow, poor Valk.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
That Mizuki Glitch happened to me instead i wasn't lucky enough for the Hakuman just to stand there and laugh :(

Edit: So Hazama's J.C Is only jump cancelable after the first two hits... wow...

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
They took away j.d. comboes, 6D comboes, AND throw comboes?!?! I hope they decrease proration.

At least 4C is air-unblockable now and special cancellable...

(Hakumen)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Dude, my favorites on youtube, after what happened there, Hakumen goes in and does his Astral on Hazama, and it actually works.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
That happened on the first round so that shouldn't be possible. Unless you're talking about the last round?
Here's a complete list of the changes for CSII so far for anyone who's interested: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...INAL-SHOWDOWN-Loketest-5-Nov.-15th-Discussion

Dat Noel. Well, maybe no news is good news?
Hm... I'm still curious about Rachel's 5CC change. Harder to get damage now? I remember hearing that 5CC slides now or something. I wish there were loketest videos of her. Hopefully this doesn't change too many of her combos. It's kinda annoying relearning combos for her.

I am glad a lot of characters got buffs. I was afraid they'd just try to water everyone down to mid tier instead of trying to buff everyone. Some characters still look like they have it rough though.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I am glad a lot of characters got buffs. I was afraid they'd just try to water everyone down to mid tier instead of trying to buff everyone. Some characters still look like they have it rough though.
Actually they are doing that, because the high tier was too good/simple, and that helped make the game more boring. Lemme put it this way, part of the reason why some/most characters were high tier was because they had much more simple playstyles when compared to mid tier, for example, Ragna, who pretty much only needed to learn his double BE combo (which was not that hard in the first place) because that gave him everything he could want from a combo (it gave him oki, damage, meter, and put the opponent in the corner), plus he could land that pretty easily off of most of his pokes, and thanks to all the meter it built he pretty much always had a safe Inferno Divider.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Mori doesn't want anyone to play Noel, so she's gonna suck for all time. :I

I do agree with what Yoshara said though. Part of Litchi's awesomeness in CT was that she was amazing in the corner and had great oki. Now she's just amazing anywhere, and it doesn't make her particularly special or interesting anymore.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Actually they are doing that, because the high tier was too good/simple, and that helped make the game more boring. Lemme put it this way, part of the reason why some/most characters were high tier was because they had much more simple playstyles when compared to mid tier, for example, Ragna, who pretty much only needed to learn his double BE combo (which was not that hard in the first place) because that gave him everything he could want from a combo (it gave him oki, damage, meter, and put the opponent in the corner), plus he could land that pretty easily off of most of his pokes, and thanks to all the meter it built he pretty much always had a safe Inferno Divider.

True. I was just afraid everyone would be too watered down without anything unique and threatening for each character.
And Tager's looking really good. I'm going to really hate facing him more than I do now.

Guess I'll have to properly learn how to deal with him now.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So apparently instant blocking has been nerfed.

instead of it giving +5 frames it's only +2/3 frames.

Sounds cool imo.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I love it. It means that characters like Makoto and Tager who had their blockstrings ***** by IB'ing now can have solid pressure.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
So apparently instant blocking has been nerfed.

instead of it giving +5 frames it's only +2/3 frames.

Sounds cool imo.
At this rate, by the 4th game, we may have a good game!

Master plan by ASW, draw a new audience in, and with each game, wean them off of stupidity.

See: standing airunblockable normals.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I kinda thought that was what was going to happen. I also love that it is going to be a patch and not a full new game, meaning that there is little reason to not go to the newer harder/better version (especially seeing as ranked will only be CS2 when it hits forcing online only players to adapt).

EDIT: Seeing as it was not posted in here yet, there is going to be a live Guilty Gear and BlazBlue concert in January in Japan.
When I first read that, all I saw was "Guilty Gear X Blazblue" and thought it was a crossover game, and then got hype, but then I saw concert, and hype dropped, but then I thought about it and hype came right back.

Also there is going to be a new opening song for CS2 sung by Tsubaki's VA, Asami Imai, titled "Shinsou". It will be on Song Accord #2 when that is released in December.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It would be nice if they fixed up CSII's netcode a bit.

Not that I use it much, but for some people, it's all they have.

I can't even imagine playing online often. :I

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
And lived in Japan, I assume?

And I don't care if Mori doesn't want people playing Noel, this is what I want, lol. I mean, Noel's like...the main girl character in the series.

Top Bottom