• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Ohohohohoho~
He got grabbed Lyth. He got grabbed.

Nah, but it was kinda the same thing as his Marth. Very good spacing and unexpected mixups. It was so frustrating at points as Tager.

But once I got him in-between my hands, all was right with the world. <3~

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I have CT on my laptop, and man I am so addicted. Should I get CS for Xbox or PS3?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Nah, but it was kinda the same thing as his Marth. Very good spacing and unexpected mixups. It was so frustrating at points as Tager.

I'll take this as a complement. ^^
But once I got him in-between my hands, all was right with the world. <3~
And then I sadfaced. T-T

Oh well, at least I wrecked your Tao. :p

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
It'd be awesome if you got it on both, but I'd say PS3 because, for some reason (even though NOBODY uses the pad), everyone and their mom has CS on PS3. I have it for 360, and I think about three other people on this thread do.

However, getting it on PS3 because it's played more is a d*** move. Hopefully, they'll hurry up and make the 360 the tournament standard; they announced that about a month ago, but then the stupid Valk thing happened and delayed the change.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I have CT on my laptop, and man I am so addicted. Should I get CS for Xbox or PS3?
It'd be awesome if you got it on both, but I'd say PS3 because, for some reason (even though NOBODY uses the pad), everyone and their mom has CS on PS3. I have it for 360, and I think about three other people on this thread do.

However, getting it on PS3 because it's played more is a d*** move. Hopefully, they'll hurry up and make the 360 the tournament standard; they announced that about a month ago, but then the stupid Valk thing happened and delayed the change.
Yeah I was gonna recommend the PS3 version because we got a DLC character and some bugfixes while 360 don't, MS fault weee

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
To be fair, it's only like, 2$ a month for XBL.

360 is still better as a tournament standard though. I feel like the only reason people stick with PS3 is because of PS2.

And Valkenhayn
And that Makoto nerf

... Arc needs to hurry up and fix the Valk issue.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
360 in general makes running tournaments smoother since it's easier to mod PS3-360 than vice versa and the biggest thing, controller issues. You notice how everyone and their mom has to wait 100 years until someone's match finishes before they can connect a controller or else risk having PS3 say, *Vestigial controller port disconnected, now ruining match and DQ'ing guy.*

It happens a lot on PS3.
It happens almost never on 360.

That and SSFIV is not arcade perfect on PS3.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
To be fair, it's only like, 2$ a month for XBL.
60 divided by 12 is two now? Awesome!

it's easier to mod PS3-360 than vice versa

I've always heard the opposite, actually.

How is it not arcade perfect? I've heard people say that before, but I've never really heard a reason for it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've always heard the opposite, actually.
Yeah, same. I always hear converting a 360 stick to PS3 is easier.
I don't know why though.

How is it not arcade perfect? I've heard people say that before, but I've never really heard a reason for it.
Something about input lag for PS3 games. Although, I think people need to do more testing.
The method they used isn't good enough to prove it, IMO.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Why is BB better for 360 than PS3? (the Valk thing notwithstanding)
Right now, it's better for PS3 because of Valk and some of the bug fixes.

360 in general makes running tournaments smoother since it's easier to mod PS3-360 than vice versa and the biggest thing, controller issues. You notice how everyone and their mom has to wait 100 years until someone's match finishes before they can connect a controller or else risk having PS3 say, *Vestigial controller port disconnected, now ruining match and DQ'ing guy.*

It happens a lot on PS3.
It happens almost never on 360.

It depends on your area. More More BB players tend to have PS3 than 360. This has nothing to do with SSFIV as well. And who cares if they need to wait for a match to finish to use their controller, would you keep your controllers plugged in on a Dreamcast or N64?

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Care to explain?

Sad but true. The tournament standards for pretty much every fighting game on modern consoles is determined by what system works better with SF.
Yet EVO runs SSFIV on PS3....

Actually running successful BB tournaments, we use PS3, because most people in the area have PS3. We are kind enough to let others borrow equipment, as well the house having some extra sticks. Nor could I fathom even trying to play on an Xbox pad seriously.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
60 divided by 12 is two now? Awesome!
Dang man, excuse me for not giving a totally serious 100% correct answer. Please don't fail me. I'll do anything. But yeah, 5$, although they did give a deal for 40$ for a year +800 MS points recently...

It depends on your area. More More BB players tend to have PS3 than 360. This has nothing to do with SSFIV as well. And who cares if they need to wait for a match to finish to use their controller, would you keep your controllers plugged in on a Dreamcast or N64?

Yet EVO runs SSFIV on PS3....

Actually running successful BB tournaments, we use PS3, because most people in the area have PS3. We are kind enough to let others borrow equipment, as well the house having some extra sticks. Nor could I fathom even trying to play on an Xbox pad seriously.
I know more people have PS3, that's why it's often the standard. btw, would you keep your controllers plugged in on "..."? I'm talking wireless. You finished playing a set and then a couple of other people take over. You're wanting to play on a different console, but you didn't disconnect and resync yet, and these guys are already on their set. Now you have to wait... It's happened all too often. I'm just saying.

And I play on Xbox pad (protip: use the analogue stick) seriously.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Raziek, too bad we couldn't finish a single match. Oh well, I can pretty much guess the outcome. lol
I'm going to have to learn how to face Hazama with Rachel since I haven't faced that many Hazamas.

Anyway, I did a lot of ranked matches today. I faced a lot of Lambda, Mu, Valk, and even Makotos.
I don't face too many of those characters, so that was good practice. And they were all really good too (40 or higher).

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think I just now realized that I have no clue how to fight Arakune. lol He wrecks me. lmao

I fought some pretty dece level people and won a bit with Ragna the Derpedge (though I am making use of getting used to the delay and performing proper BnB combos)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Blocking is a pretty good idea against Arakune.

But seriously, the best thing is to just keep pressure on him. He can't curse you if he's blocking the whole time and Alpha counters eat 50% of his meter that he could use on Supers. Arakune generally has trouble with zoning characters who can pressure from a distance. In particular, Lambda, Mu, and Hazama give him a lot of trouble. Hazama is particularly good because he not only has incredible zoning but also incredible mobility, meaning that he can get a lead and then run circles around Arakune all day. Arakune also has trouble with Bang and Litchi, but so does every other character so that hardly counts.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Dang man, excuse me for not giving a totally serious 100% correct answer. Please don't fail me. I'll do anything. But yeah, 5$, although they did give a deal for 40$ for a year +800 MS points recently...

I know more people have PS3, that's why it's often the standard. btw, would you keep your controllers plugged in on "..."? I'm talking wireless. You finished playing a set and then a couple of other people take over. You're wanting to play on a different console, but you didn't disconnect and resync yet, and these guys are already on their set. Now you have to wait... It's happened all too often. I'm just saying.

And I play on Xbox pad (protip: use the analogue stick) seriously.
Ummm just tell the guys you're disconnecting your controller from the system. And given button config on the character select screen and repicking their character, and the fact that the game needs the same two controller slots as it originally had, they can't even begin their match until you deconnect. Take it from someone who runs the East Coast's biggest regular BB tournaments.

Blocking is a pretty good idea against Arakune.

But seriously, the best thing is to just keep pressure on him. He can't curse you if he's blocking the whole time and Alpha counters eat 50% of his meter that he could use on Supers. Arakune generally has trouble with zoning characters who can pressure from a distance. In particular, Lambda, Mu, and Hazama give him a lot of trouble. Hazama is particularly good because he not only has incredible zoning but also incredible mobility, meaning that he can get a lead and then run circles around Arakune all day. Arakune also has trouble with Bang and Litchi, but so does every other character so that hardly counts.
Arakune does have decent trouble against Bang, it's hard from him to break out of an aggressive Bang's offense. When cursed at a distance, Bang actually has a couple of evasion patterns that can help him get around BEEEEEES, thanks to his mobility. So for all his zoning, a curse at a distance/situation that Arakune can't immediately close may not pay off very well. But as usual, a good curse+landing a mixup will lead to death, or AT LEAST 4-5k if done later in the curse's life+60ish% curse meter back.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Raziek, too bad we couldn't finish a single match. Oh well, I can pretty much guess the outcome. lol
I'm going to have to learn how to face Hazama with Rachel since I haven't faced that many Hazamas.

Anyway, I did a lot of ranked matches today. I faced a lot of Lambda, Mu, Valk, and even Makotos.
I don't face too many of those characters, so that was good practice. And they were all really good too (40 or higher).

Yeah, sorry about that, my connection tends to be rather unpredictable.

I've come a long way from the first time we played, eh? :awesome:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
One of the rare times I play online, and I got some really great hate mail.

"mu is cheap and broke as hell you scrub learn a real character"

Yeeeeep. :3c

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Using a character who can zone? You ****ing noob, who does that.

Who did he play? Was it Ragna?

Octave

Smash Ace
They don't really have a tier placement yet, seeing as they're too new, but most people speculate that Mu is mid and Makoto is somewhere between mid and low.
Makoto is about as good as the other NOL girls. Which is to say, not very. Everyone besides Rachel is playable on a competitive level though.
Ah, mmk. I was also thinking of picking up Bang, but would that be too much bandwagoning on top tier?

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
One of the rare times I play online, and I got some really great hate mail.

"mu is cheap and broke as hell you scrub learn a real character"

Yeeeeep. :3c
Dude, I can't get hate mails no matter what I do. Even when I go super mode with Bang early as possible and time people out. Stupid PS3 people having more maturity :c

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Dude, I can't get hate mails no matter what I do. Even when I go super mode with Bang early as possible and time people out. Stupid PS3 people having more maturity :c
Pretty sure Lyth played on PSN. :#

Yeah, I haven't gotten much hate mail on BB either. Street fighter on the other hand...
lol, I never get hate mail on SF. Then again, I only play online when I want to learn a new character, like recently I've picked up Gouken and he's immune to hate. He's trash, but not a joke, so you won't be like, "WTF I lost to GOUKEN??"

I've gotten some hate on MvC2 though.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I do play on PSN, yeah.\

Very rarely.

Hate mail doesn't happen to often, but it happens.

You have to pick a cheaper character than Bang.

Like a zoner.

Obv.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
What about Ragna the Derpedge?

5A > 5B > 5C > 5D

Rinse and repeat with BnBs? Even if you drop them? I haven't gotten hatemail yet, but if I play more often it's bound to happen. lmao

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If a character's that easy to play, I don't even know why I bother with Noel.

Top Bottom