• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well yeah, that too.

Challenge mode combos are also generally useful depending on the character.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
And if you ever wanna practice, unfortunately online, add X The Derp. I'm pretty sure Zero is up for that too, if he can ever stop complaining <.<.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
And if you ever wanna practice, unfortunately online, add X The Derp. I'm pretty sure Zero is up for that too, if he can ever stop complaining <.<.
X are you gonna by any chance play now, Im about to play some BBCS on 360 add pitzer757. I r hazama, Ragna, rachel main.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I've had the same issues. The past couple of weeks, I've been so busy and stressed with college I've just been unable to really get into the mindset to play it all that much. Which sucks, because I know I enjoy it and really want to again.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Kind of both, actually. Getting back into BB so can beat a bunch of my friends and be decent online, and practice up my Millia (and maybe Faust/Venom) in GGX2 because my friend has this really annoying Potemkin and Millia/Potemkin is an annoying match as it is, I find.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I really want to get into GG too, but I can't find it anywhere and it doesn't have much of a scene, which sort of kills it for me.

I think it's really fun though.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yeah, I've had the same issues. The past couple of weeks, I've been so busy and stressed with college I've just been unable to really get into the mindset to play it all that much. Which sucks, because I know I enjoy it and really want to again.
Same here, basically. :(

I've enjoyed GG the few times that I've played it, but I don't actually own it on any system other than PSP. If it ever comes out for PS3, I might get it.

Why don't they just patch up Accent Core + or whatever and release it on PSN? Online play would be great.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Why don't they just patch up Accent Core + or whatever and release it on PSN? Online play would be great.
Despite me already owning it on PS2, I want a PSN port for online play.
Too bad some FRCs will be near impossible to pull off.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Well, yeah. Obv.

But it's something for the 360.

Or play Overture.
Overture isn't Guilty Gear.

Buy a PS2 for like $30-50 or whatever and get the game. Or get the wii version, just as good, just get a wii stick or something (those are pretty cheap).

For the best fighting game ever created, it's worth it.

Also the online play is inconsistent. I had reports of desynching into round 2 multiple times by people in the same state.

And that state was Jersey.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh for ****'s sake just pick Lambda against Tager. That matchup is like 9-2.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I play Makoto, Jin, Ragna, Valkenhyn, and Hakumen---not necessarily in that order. I see a lot of success against Tager whenever I use Makoto, Jin, or Rags (especially with Jin and Makoto). My Valkenhyn is alright, but my roomie takes advantage of the fact that outside of wolf form and a couple of specials our furry friend isn't very mobile. Not really a very compelling reason, but when you couple that with the fact that I am forgetful and when she command grabs all the livelong day it equals a loss. Rags, Makoto and Jin are mobile enough to get the **** out of the way and for some reason I seem to remember that over everything else.

(Hakumen I'll not even talk about. I'm still learning the character.)

I know one of my biggest problems is patience. Pokes, pokes, pokes and zoning/spacing are absolutely key against Tager. Most of the time I forget this and mindlessly pummel the living **** out of Tager, only to have myself get grabbed out of a combo. Yes, Tager can do that; if your combos aren't tight enough (frame-wise) he can just command grab you via buffering as he's getting hit.

I'll go more into this later. Gotta take my roomie to work now. Feel free to give me some input here.

Smooth Criminal

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
With the name smooth criminal I always thought you where a Hazama Main... :( Btw I picked up Hakumen So Now Im a Hazama, Ragna, Hakumen, Rachel Main

Or an HRHR Main for short

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Personal opinion: you guys play way too many characters.

@SC: Your analysis seems pretty much spot-on, and I don't really have any words of wisdom, to be honest. Have patience, and brush up on your footsies, I guess.

Or pick Litchi.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I love Hazama the Character. Don't get me wrong.

I just can't stand Hazama the Playable Character. I don't like how he plays at all.

Edit:

Lythium, darling...

I can't pick a main. :sad: That's why I have so many different characters under my belt. I like how all of those characters play way too much.

(Even Hakumen.)

I kinda figured that my own self-critique would be accurate. I've always had trouble with footsies; I guess now would be the time to work on it. Hysterically enough, I'm better at zoning/spacing in Smash than in traditional fighters.

Le sigh.
Which translates to "no Litchi" in Smooth French.

Smooth Criminal

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I understand, bro. I understand. ;-;

I have a secret boner for Hakumen. Sometimes, I kinda wish that I still played him. But I don't. Traded in my robot for the newer (sexier?) model.

You can do it. You just gotta believe!

/parappa

So, I'm trying to practice resets. Why is Jin's crouching hitbox so darn small? ;-;

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I know one of my biggest problems is patience. Pokes, pokes, pokes and zoning/spacing are absolutely key against Tager. Most of the time I forget this and mindlessly pummel the living **** out of Tager, only to have myself get grabbed out of a combo. Yes, Tager can do that; if your combos aren't tight enough (frame-wise) he can just command grab you via buffering as he's getting hit.
Tager isn't that hard to face (unless you're Noel, Tsubaki, or Rachel).
I think Makoto has a hard time against Tager too since her normals aren't great on range.

As Hakumen, 6C is good and can keep him out. Don't be predictable with it to the point where he'll IB it and gain meter. Hakumen's range can keep him out and make Tager take riskier decisions.

I don't use Jin, and I don't know anything on matchups using Ragna.
To be honest, I think your biggest problem might be your combos. Tager can actually be really weak to rushdown.
Some people like fighting Tager the slow way by poking and zoning, but rushdown really is effective on him.

You also need to learn specific combos that can be done on Tager. He can be combo'ed easily from characters like Ragna. And I guess work on not dropping your combos midway through.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
As an addendum to what Minato said.

For Jin vs. Tager:
- 6B beats 360. Throw out a 6B if you think a 360 is coming, and I'm pretty sure you can get 3k into a knockdown for free.
- If Tager jumps, you have the advantage. You can do 2D, 6C, 5C, 623A, or 623B. All of those will force Tager to block, and besides the DPs, those will leave you in a good position. Tager can't command throw you in mid-air, but be careful of IB, it leads to trouble.
- Get Tager in the corner. Tager can't really do much but block in the corner, and Jin has some pretty sick unblockable setups that you can exploit, especially with Tager's fatty hitbox.
- Zone. Unless Tager has spark, he can't do much about it.

Though take that advice with a grain of salt. I don't play Jin, but I play against a decent one all the time, and I've seen him play against good Tagers. GL.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You should see my Dustloop avvy. It was in response to the "X's view" meme.

Top Bottom